Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOZAIC - Create your own AU MIDI plugins - OUT NOW!

1808182838486»

Comments

• @Gravitas said:

@wim said:
    Great @Gravitas - glad I could help. It was a nice diversion.

I made it v1.0 and posted it up to patchstorage.com: https://patchstorage.com/orchestral-instruments-range-limiter/

I’ve had a look on Patchstorage and noticed that you included sub-types.

That’s really cool.

Yeh, that was always there but not obvious since the help message when you first load the script doesn't make it obvious that you can scroll down. That's a small thing I wish was a little better implemented in Mozaic.

I needed to do it that way in order to fit in the needed number of pads. ;)

• @wim said:

@Gravitas said:

@wim said:
    Great @Gravitas - glad I could help. It was a nice diversion.

I made it v1.0 and posted it up to patchstorage.com: https://patchstorage.com/orchestral-instruments-range-limiter/

I’ve had a look on Patchstorage and noticed that you included sub-types.

That’s really cool.

Yeh, that was always there but not obvious since the help message when you first load the script doesn't make it obvious that you can scroll down. That's a small thing I wish was a little better implemented in Mozaic.

I needed to do it that way in order to fit in the needed number of pads. ;)

It’s going to be perfect for composers who don’t read or write notation.

It removes the necessity of looking up the ranges of commonly known instruments
    and a composer can play within the correct range per instrument and export out
    the midi to a third party notation app and in the notation app simply add
    the additional instructions necessary and then it’s giving the score to the musicians to play.

Simplifies the whole process and opens up the
    world of classical composition for the everyday person. :)

• @electri_fire said:

So at values below 64 you won't have voice 3 at all, and above 64 is no voice 1 at all? From the way you've described it there is a max of two voices at one time. Is this right?:

0 = 100% voice 1,
    1-63 = blend of voice 1 and 2,
    64 = 100% voice 2,
    65-126 = blend of voice 2 and voice 3, and
    127: 100% voice 3.

and it follows that voice 2 is part of the mix everywhere except at the extreme values of 0 and 127.

That is exactly what I need.

This is a first stab at it. Untested, but I think it's close. I'm assuming you're wanting to control the AUM volume faders for each channel. You will need to check AUM Midi Ctrl for what channel nums and cc controls each track, so you can modify the @OnLoad settings in the code. This code uses linear ramping of cc vals. Also, I doubt whether the 0 - 127 cc outputs are what you want, since I think 0db for each fader is well below 127, but that can be easily tweaked if this works close to how you want.

@OnLoad
      // set these up according to what
      // your midi control settings are
      // for the volume in channels in AUM
      // (remember AUM channel 1 is midi channel 0, I think)
      v1channel = 0
      v1cc = 7
      v2channel = 1
      v2cc = 7
      v3channel = 2
      v3cc = 7
      mozaicKnobNum = 0  // number of knob you'll use in Mozaic
    @END

@OnKnobChange

if LastKnob = mozaicKnobNum

v = GetKnobval LastKnob

if v < 64
          v1val = (64 - v) * 2
          v2val = v * 2
          v3val = 0
        elseif v >= 64
          v1val = 0
          v2val = ( 127 - v ) * 2
          v3val = ( v - 64 ) * 2
        endif

SendMidiCC v1channel, v1cc, v1val
        SendMidiCC v2channel, v2cc, v2val
        SendMidiCC v3channel, v3cc, v3val
      endif

@END

• edited December 2021

@hes said:

This is a first stab at it. Untested, but I think it's close. I'm assuming you're wanting to control the AUM volume faders for each channel.

Thanks hes,
    When testing, AUM fader1 snaps to maximum, fader2 and fader3 snap to zero, regardless of initial fader settings or Mozaic knob0 position.

The Mozaic log displays:

[OnKnobChange] Syntax Error: unknown or invalid argument "GETKNOBVAL"

• @electri_fire said:

@hes said:

This is a first stab at it. Untested, but I think it's close. I'm assuming you're wanting to control the AUM volume faders for each channel.

Thanks hes,
    When testing, AUM fader1 snaps to maximum, fader2 and fader3 snap to zero, regardless of initial fader settings or Mozaic knob0 position.

The Mozaic log displays:

Try putting parenthesis around GetKnobValue and its parameter

(GetKnobValue LastKnob)

• @espiegel123 said:

@electri_fire said:

@hes said:

Thanks hes,

The Mozaic log displays:

(GetKnobValue LastKnob)

Same result, but now the log sais:

[OnKnobChange] Syntax Error: unknown or invalid argument "(GETKNOBVAL LASTKNOB)"

• @electri_fire said:

@espiegel123 said:

@electri_fire said:

@hes said:

Thanks hes,

The Mozaic log displays:

(GetKnobValue LastKnob)

[OnKnobChange] Syntax Error: unknown or invalid argument "(GETKNOBVAL LASTKNOB)"

Try GetKnobValue instead :smile:

• @brambos said:

@electri_fire said:

@espiegel123 said:

@electri_fire said:

@hes said:

Thanks hes,

The Mozaic log displays:

(GetKnobValue LastKnob)

Try GetKnobValue instead :smile:

Maybe, I shouldn't read code before drinking coffee

• Try GetKnobValue instead :smile:

Awsome, now works exactly as I wanted it to, thank you so much all.

• Hey (first post here)

i was wondering if there is the possibility to have the knob values updated from, let’s say an AU.

What I am trying to achieve is: have a 8 or (X) knob/fader controller in Mozaic. Which are mapped to a AU. Then, when I change one mapped value from this AU in the AU.

I would like to have the knob value in Mozaic also updated.

The main goal would be, to have a 8 knob controller and some pads, which send notes, so be able to control the 8 macros of an Ableton rack.
    I already got the 8 knobs controlling the 8 macros by a simple User Remote script for Ableton, which automatically controls the first 8 parameters. By switching the Racks (with notes/pads) the knobs in Ableton chance aswell. So it would be quite handy to have the values from the Ableton knobs updated within my Mozaic Controller :)

I am 99,5% new to coding & already through the manual. I guess this could be done with the getknobvalue but I cannot figure out how to get/read the values from the AU.

Would be great if someone could help me out a bit.

Kind regards

A

• The knobs in the au would have to send midi out for mozaic to pick it up.
    If you control the au with an external controller then you could route the external controller through mozaic. But picking up what the mouse changed will be impossble if the au does not give midi feedback, wich most do not.