Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOZAIC - Create your own AU MIDI plugins - OUT NOW!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

If the files have been downloaded to the files app, long-press then select Share, then look for Copy to Mozaic. The standalone will open and the script will be added. You might have to refresh or unload/load the AU plugin for it to show up.

If from the Safari, select the export icon at the top-right and select Copy to Mozaic.

I forget how to get to the “Open-in” menu as it’s called from other locations such as Dropbox, but you get the idea, I hope.

• @wim said:
    If the files have been downloaded to the files app, long-press then select Share, then look for Copy to Mozaic. The standalone will open and the script will be added. You might have to refresh or unload/load the AU plugin for it to show up.

If from the Safari, select the export icon at the top-right and select Copy to Mozaic.

I forget how to get to the “Open-in” menu as it’s called from other locations such as Dropbox, but you get the idea, I hope.

That’s helpful thanks 😊

• @brambos said:

@Carnbot said:
    @brambos would it be possible in theory to set up a script with Mozaic to use a Bluetooth qwerty keyboard as a midi controller? :)

Heh. Interesting. Not right now, since keypresses aren't received as user input events, but it should be possible to do something like that. Let me ponder that one... :)

Any more pondering and considerations on QWERTY keys to midi ? Would be super useful to many

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@brambos said:

@Carnbot said:
    @brambos would it be possible in theory to set up a script with Mozaic to use a Bluetooth qwerty keyboard as a midi controller? :)

Heh. Interesting. Not right now, since keypresses aren't received as user input events, but it should be possible to do something like that. Let me ponder that one... :)

Any more pondering and considerations on QWERTY keys to midi ? Would be super useful to many

Unless this has changed recently in iOS the problem used to be focus. Basically iOS needed to focus on an app that then would have keyboard capability. As soon as you touched outside of that "focus" it stopped working, unlike say a regular midi keyboard. This had something to do with accessibility and was, at the time at least, unreachable for app developers. This meant that there used to be an app called Sidecar that could turn your QWERTY keyboard in to a midi controller, but only under certain conditions. My memory is a little hazy here, but if I recall correctly, Patrick (the dev) pretty much put the functionality of all his various apps in to the app Infinite Looper, though I can't recall if the QWERTY functionality joined in on that party or not.

• Hello Mozaic maestros! I have yet to get Mozaic, but I saw this question elsewhere earlier today, on if there is an iOS similar to the one described in this video below. As I too wondered the same I fired up pretty much all my midi tools (Rozeta, midiflows, Scalebud, Riffer, SPA etc) but realised none of them did what is described in the video. My question becomes: would something like this functionality be possible to script in Mozaic?

• You could do the same as much of this with multiple instances of StepPolyArp Unit all fed from the same chord source. Sprinkle a little Cality in there and you’d have most of the rest.

Mozaic could do it too, but it would require a lot of code.

• Thanks. I’m aware of sidecar app. It looks cumbersome and unfriendly method for me. I don’t like the split screen and I’d like to also use it on my iPhone.
    I’ve gone as far as looking for a Teensey or Arduino solution 🧐🤓 for a QWERTY usb to midi usb converter.
    If only @brambos could make our life easier ;)

• @hellquist said:
    Hello Mozaic maestros! I have yet to get Mozaic, but I saw this question elsewhere earlier today, on if there is an iOS similar to the one described in this video below. As I too wondered the same I fired up pretty much all my midi tools (Rozeta, midiflows, Scalebud, Riffer, SPA etc) but realised none of them did what is described in the video. My question becomes: would something like this functionality be possible to script in Mozaic?

Good advice on chaining multi instances of arps. I’ve done it recently and it’s magic.
    Add Cykle to the list!

• I think Cality, Ioniarics, and MIDI Echo can perform some of ChordPotion's roles, by the way.

• edited October 2019

Just starting with Mozaic, and have a question.
    If I want to use say Particles, or Cality etc in AUM, and have Mozaic randomize and transpose the velocity and notes, how do I set this up in an AUM channel?
    Or do I need separate AUM channels for each app - and route midi between?

• @Mayo said:
    Just starting with Mozaic, and have a question.
    If I want to use say Particles, or Cality etc in AUM, and have Mozaic randomize and transpose the velocity and notes, how do I set this up in an AUM channel?
    Or do I need separate AUM channels for each app - and route midi between?

AUM has dedicated MIDI channels now, in which you can load a bunch of different MIDI plugins. You'll still have to route each source into each destination manually, but at least your MIDI chain will take up a lot less space.

I noticed I could load multiple Mozaics on one AUM midi channel - how does this work with midi routing ?

• @Mayo said:
    I noticed I could load multiple Mozaics on one AUM midi channel - how does this work with midi routing ?

Press the three-striped-icon next to the receiving plugin, and select it's source(s) in the list...

• Awesome - thanks again.
    Lots of experimenting to do, thanks to all of you coding nerds for being so creative with your work, and sharing it all :)

• Yay!!! Thanks @brambos, awesome update.

• Great update! Color pads <3

• @brambos : thanks for adding the color setting for pads

• Coolness! I can’t wait to make something with the colored pads, and triggering them via AU parameter is going to be very helpful. B)

The real killer feature is the SystemTime function though! This is going to simplify so many things. Thanks @brambos! B)

• Thank you very much for this update and its many new features.

• @wim said:
    Coolness! I can’t wait to make something with the colored pads, and triggering them via AU parameter is going to be very helpful. B)

The real killer feature is the SystemTime function though! This is going to simplify so many things.

Keep in mind that this is the timestamp at the moment of execution. Because the audio thread works with pre-calculated buffers, there may be some fluctuations (more when you use bigger audio buffer sizes).

• Does Mozaic have a send program change on load capability? :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Does Mozaic have a send program change on load capability? :)

Yes, that’s really straightforward to set up.

• @brambos said:

@Carnbot said:
    Does Mozaic have a send program change on load capability? :)

Yes, that’s really straightforward to set up.

ah great, thanks! found it in the manual:

@OnLoad
    SendMIDIBankSelect 0, 1
    SendMIDIProgramChange 0, 24 // select patch 24 in bank 1
    @End

• Thanks @brambos now I can finish my "midi tape recorder" script ❤️

• edited October 2019

Hello Mozaic thread posters. I'm pretty new to this forum, and kind of new to programming. I recently released my first script, "Chromatic Fractal for Fractal Bits". I'm thinking about making a script to sync any pitch shifter plugin with any delay plugin, or a series of them, across several channels in order to account for when the decay of one note overlaps with the start of the next. I'm also currently working on an XY pad automation script, which is the most complex to write, but I'm pretty far along in that one.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some scripts that would have, in your opinion, complex and well-written code. Some well-oiled machines that I can learn from. I started programming, with Mozaic, about three months ago. Thanks!

• Hi @Skyblazer, I would recommend Clusters by @Bryan and The Chordulator by @wim.

• edited October 2019

@Skyblazer said:
    Hello Mozaic thread posters. I'm pretty new to this forum, and kind of new to programming. I recently released my first script, "Chromatic Fractal for Fractal Bits". I'm thinking about making a script to sync any pitch shifter plugin with any delay plugin, or a series of them, across several channels in order to account for when the decay of one note overlaps with the start of the next. I'm also currently working on an XY pad automation script, which is the most complex to write, but I'm pretty far along in that one.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some scripts that would have, in your opinion, complex and well-written code. Some well-oiled machines that I can learn from. I started programming, with Mozaic, about three months ago. Thanks!

I’d also recommend learning about how to check to see if variables have been created already so you can create presets which will have state savings. For example, a user may have a particular set of controls or MIDI channels setup to create a specific sound in their audio setup but when they reload the project with the Mozaic preset, it can default to the initial settings of the preset developer.

For more complicated presets, I’d recommend using a text editor such as Textastic and install the syntax for Mozaic that @_ki so graciously shared with us. This makes editing and searching/replacing the code much easier. The color coded syntax helps you to see the structure of the code more easily. You can simply copy and paste from Textastic into Mozaic to test out the changes you’ve made.

In addition, you can organize your files into folders and sub folders so you can focus on particular aspects of your code versus just a linear list of your preset files you get with the built-in Mozaic code editor.

Designing the GUI and envisioning how that works can frequently be the most challenging part of the process. You can create a skeleton for your preset so that you can be sure that when certain pads, knobs, or buttons are pressed, they’ll work as expected. Then you can start adding in specific code for the project. These GUI testing skeletons can be templates used for multiple projects as the logic of how the user interacts with your presets can have some similarities between different preset projects.

Above all, read the excellent manual @brambos created as it has a wealth of info about the Mozaic language approach, MIDI, examples, and reference material for specific Mozaic syntax code.

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2019

I just updated my 'Mozaic Language Support for Code Text Editors' package on PatchStorage (mentioned in the above post)

Whats new:

• Added Mozaic language features: ColorPad and SystemTime
    • Context dependent code completion for Textastic
    • Mozaic Templates for new files in Textastic
    • and some small bugfixes
  • edited November 2019

i see the wiki, are all user creations added there or is it a case of searching through this thread?