Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOZAIC - Create your own AU MIDI plugins - OUT NOW!

Comments

• @recccp said:
    @brambos
    Thanks for the update! Sysex looks promising.
    I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end, but when I follow the link to the manual it will open v1.2 in a browser (chrome), but when I'm saving it ("copy to PDF Pro" or "Save to Files") it's v1.0.

The older versions are no longer on the server (only 1.2 is), so I'd be surprised if it's on my end. Perhaps something won't let you overwrite existing (older) files with the same name on your device?

• @brambos said:

@recccp said:
    @brambos
    Thanks for the update! Sysex looks promising.
    I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end, but when I follow the link to the manual it will open v1.2 in a browser (chrome), but when I'm saving it ("copy to PDF Pro" or "Save to Files") it's v1.0.

The older versions are no longer on the server (only 1.2 is), so I'd be surprised if it's on my end. Perhaps something won't let you overwrite existing (older) files with the same name on your device?

Yep, it was on my end definitely, but have no idea what the problem could be, or how to solve it.
    Tried most "open in..." options after reboot/hard reset with no luck, then downloaded it to mac -> air drop -> open in, which worked.
    No idea, how or why :)
    Thanks for confirmation.

• Thanks for the update @brambos!

• Request for people using Sysex:

If anyone runs into devices which have their own checksum-algorithm and which are not covered by the algorithms I already provide; please let me know.

I can add new checksum algorithms without too much hassle.

:)

• @wim Your Spectrum randomizer is just wonderful. https://patchstorage.com/spectrum-parameter-randomizer/

So this could be modded for so many other synths? The mind boggles...

• @wim Where it says 'Select the Spectrum app being used' - where exactly do you mean to make that selection? Thx

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@gusgranite said:
    @wim Your Spectrum randomizer is just wonderful. https://patchstorage.com/spectrum-parameter-randomizer/

Thanks for the kind words. It’s one of the few of my scripts I actually use. :D
    Omg do I love Spectrum!

MIDI CC Randomizer and Scenes is a more generic script that you can map to the parameters of any synth (or multiple synths). https://patchstorage.com/midi-cc-randomizer-and-scenes/

MIDI Morph Pad is along the same line, but lets you morph between saved sets of settings. It too can be adapted to any synth. It doesn’t have a randomizer though. Humm ... I should add one. https://patchstorage.com/midi-morph-pad-2/

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@gusgranite said:
    @wim Where it says 'Select the Spectrum app being used' - where exactly do you mean to make that selection? Thx

Sorry, not very clear due to the knob labeling constraints. I should do a better job in the description. The knob shown below will change between apps. Be sure to set it to the app you’re using. B)

• Now that the thread is back to Mozaic again... :smile:

I've just uploaded a new version of Flow to PatchStorage, that fixes some bugs from before and adds CC automation, strumming and ratcheting.

https://patchstorage.com/flow

Script is reaching 1800 LOC and the "max number of variables" treshold so I think I'll spend some time actually using the stuff now for a while, and just not coding :smiley:

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@Peblin said:
    Now that the thread is back to Mozaic again... :smile:

I've just uploaded a new version of Flow to PatchStorage, that fixes some bugs from before and adds CC automation, strumming and ratcheting.

https://patchstorage.com/flow

Script is reaching 1800 LOC and the "max number of variables" treshold so I think I'll spend some time actually using the stuff now for a while, and just not coding :smiley:

Wow! Flow was already my favorite Mozaic script. I can’t wait to try this out! Dammit, why do humans have to sleep? Every. Stinkin’. Night. :#

• Unfortunately still getting the same ‘shift’ issue with the latest update / Clusters, won’t display the 2nd page, I’m on iOS 12.3.1.

see here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwhcd0gaqxxmkcl/IMG_0584.TRIM.MOV?dl=0

@brambos @Bryan

• @Artefact2001 said:
    Unfortunately still getting the same ‘shift’ issue with the latest update / Clusters, won’t display the 2nd page, I’m on iOS 12.3.1.

@brambos @Bryan

Yes, you need to clear the "saved state" from the preset first. For me the problem went away on all my devices after pressing "Upload" (which clears the state) with Clusters loaded.

• edited September 2019

"Upload" normally suggests sending some data to the cloud. I'm guessing many users are a bit confused by that button? I know I have hesitated pressing it.

Edit: unless "upload" actually does upload to the cloud!

• @bleep said:
    "Upload" normally suggests sending some data to the cloud. I'm guessing many users are a bit confused by that button? I know I have hesitated pressing it.

Edit: unless "upload" actually does upload to the cloud!

No, it "uploads" whatever you typed into the plugin engine (which is likely still happily running something else/old).

• I guess this becomes apparent once you start writing your own scripts. If you are one of many users who just load the excellent preset scripts created by others, there is no never a need to hit that button (or is it?). I'm just typing from memory here, can't remember that I needed to press upload when testing out different scripts.

• @bleep said:
    I guess this becomes apparent once you start writing your own scripts. If you are one of many users who just load the excellent preset scripts created by others, there is no never a need to hit that button (or is it?). I'm just typing from memory here, can't remember that I needed to press upload when testing out different scripts.

Indeed, if you don't touch the code you don't need to press that button at all. I'm just recommending it now as a simple way to make sure there is no hidden "saved state" lingering inside the preset. :)

• @Artefact2001 said:
    Unfortunately still getting the same ‘shift’ issue with the latest update / Clusters, won’t display the 2nd page, I’m on iOS 12.3.1.

@brambos @Bryan

Are you using Clusters v1.0.6? This version has been working consistently for me since the Mozaic v1.2 update.

I did have a previous version (1.0.5) up briefly that would work fine, but only if you pressed the Upload button after first loading the script. I figured that was because the variables used by the timer (which is how the script differentiates a short press on Shift and a press-and-hold on Shift) were unintentionally being state saved. So, anyway, don't use that older version and it should work okay.

• Hi @Bryan, I like you Clusters patch (with their great presets!) very much, but I can't really use it, because both in AUM and AB with a very simple setup (see picture) the CPU regularly spikes over 100%, which result in crackles & pops... I'm not sure if this problem is introduced with your latest Clusters v1.0.6, or with the Mozaic 1.2 update from @brambos, because I didn't notice the CPU overload before and couldn't use Clusters much because of the SHIFT-button problem.
    I'm on a iPad Pro 10.5 with IOS 12.3.1. Has anyone else encountered this CPU-problem?

Here's my AUM setup:

• edited September 2019

@Harro said:
    Hi @Bryan, I like you Clusters patch (with their great presets!) very much, but I can't really use it, because both in AUM and AB with a very simple setup (see picture) the CPU regularly spikes over 100%, which result in crackles & pops... I'm not sure if this problem is introduced with your latest Clusters v1.0.6, or with the Mozaic 1.2 update from @brambos, because I didn't notice the CPU overload before and couldn't use Clusters much because of the SHIFT-button problem.
    I'm on a iPad Pro 10.5 with IOS 12.3.1. Has anyone else encountered this CPU-problem?

I just ran Clusters 1.0.6 in Mozaic 1.2 on my iPhone 7 (only device I have with me at the moment) and I'm not seeing these extreme CPU spikes. Is it possible it's the synth instead (e.g. choking on polyphony) or a small buffer size?

• @Harro said:
    Hi @Bryan, I like you Clusters patch (with their great presets!) very much, but I can't really use it, because both in AUM and AB with a very simple setup (see picture) the CPU regularly spikes over 100%, which result in crackles & pops... I'm not sure if this problem is introduced with your latest Clusters v1.0.6, or with the Mozaic 1.2 update from @brambos, because I didn't notice the CPU overload before and couldn't use Clusters much because of the SHIFT-button problem.

Here's my AUM setup:

Have you pier-cycled your iPAD ( full power down and startup) ? and tried a different synth?

• Thank you @brambos and @espiegel123. I did set AUM's buffersize to the max (1024 (never had to do that before)) and 'pier-cycled' my iPad and it is a somewhat better qua spikes > 100%, but sadly enough they're not entirely gone. Tried several synths and that made no difference. The problem is only with Clusters (not with other Mozaic-patches), so maybe Clusters (sometimes) sends to many notes in a too short time? I'll experiment further and play with Cluster's settinghs more.

• _ki_ki
    edited September 2019

In my experience the spikes happen, when a mozaic event takes too long to finish because there is too much happening (if's, Loops, array access) - but i didn't try yet around with the new Cluster script

• Hi @Bryan, in Clusters: is it possible to implement a 'Don't change Key and Scale when changing presets; Yes/NO '- knob and the if-then-else functionallity that goes with that? (You have 3 knobs left on the settings-page.) It's great to change presets while 'performing', but the sequence (-app) that's triggering notes via Mozaic/Clusters is mostly in one choosen key, so changing a Clusters-preset can have unwanted results... That's why I'm asking. Thank you.

• edited September 2019

https://patchstorage.com/seq8-launchpad-step-sequencer/

Seq8: 8x8 step sequencer for Novation Launchpad.

Seq8 is a 8×8 step sequencer for the Novation Launchpad.

It’s still a bit rough around the edges but it’s already a lot of fun!

USAGE:
    Seq8 needs to communicate to and from the Launchpad on MIDI channel 1, so by default it emits the drum events on channel 2. You will need to disable sending channel 1 MIDI from Mozaic to the drum machine.

You need to use a host that can block MIDI channels

Route Seq8 to and from the Launchpad, and route Seq8 to the drum machine of choice. Then, in AUM, edit the target drum machine’s MIDI settings and disable Channel 1 so that the drum machine ignores the launchpad MIDI.

Set MIDI notes and swing amount at the top of the code, no GUI for configuration yet.

Press pads to set notes in the sequence. Press the top row to set the pattern length to shorter sequences.

Some issues:
    – reloading state will not re-load the state on your launchpad.

I got the idea for this from watching a video about Simian Mobile Disco's live rig, they had a similar setup a few years ago with a launchpad directly controlling a 909 :)

• @Harro said:

Here's my AUM setup:

The only difference between the latest version 1.0.6 and version 1.0.4 (version 1.0.5 was only up for an hour or two before I replaced it) is that I removed three Log calls that I had stuck it there in an attempt to solve the Shift issue, and I moved a couple variables associated with the timer so that their values would not be state saved. So I don’t think either of those things are causing the CPU spikes.

Clusters is capable of sending a ton of MIDI data in a short amount of time, and that could cause high CPU. So you might experiment with different settings to see if that’s what’s going on. You may want to try turning the polyphony control down (most of the presets have it set to the maximum value, which is ten voices). You could also try cutting your session tempo in half and doubling the length of the notes you use, as this would give Clusters more time to do all the stuff it has to do.

I will look at the code to see if there is a way to optimize things better.

@Harro said:
    Hi @Bryan, in Clusters: is it possible to implement a 'Don't change Key and Scale when changing presets; Yes/NO '- knob and the if-then-else functionallity that goes with that? (You have 3 knobs left on the settings-page.) It's great to change presets while 'performing', but the sequence (-app) that's triggering notes via Mozaic/Clusters is mostly in one choosen key, so changing a Clusters-preset can have unwanted results... That's why I'm asking. Thank you.

This is a great idea. I will add this with the next update.

• edited September 2019

Finally got Mosaic! 🤪😲😇
    So awesome!!!! Best purchase of the year!!!!❤️❤️❤️
    Thanks Wim for your suggestions can’t wait to get my hands on these amazing scripts!

Thanks @brambos for all your awesome and inspiring apps! You’re truly gifted and a blessing to all the IOS musicians worldwide!

@wim said:

@gusgranite said:
    @wim Your Spectrum randomizer is just wonderful. https://patchstorage.com/spectrum-parameter-randomizer/

Thanks for the kind words. It’s one of the few of my scripts I actually use. :D
    Omg do I love Spectrum!

MIDI CC Randomizer and Scenes is a more generic script that you can map to the parameters of any synth (or multiple synths). https://patchstorage.com/midi-cc-randomizer-and-scenes/

MIDI Morph Pad is along the same line, but lets you morph between saved sets of settings. It too can be adapted to any synth. It doesn’t have a randomizer though. Humm ... I should add one. https://patchstorage.com/midi-morph-pad-2/

• @Harro said:
    Hi @Bryan, in Clusters: is it possible to implement a 'Don't change Key and Scale when changing presets; Yes/NO '- knob and the if-then-else functionallity that goes with that? (You have 3 knobs left on the settings-page.) It's great to change presets while 'performing', but the sequence (-app) that's triggering notes via Mozaic/Clusters is mostly in one choosen key, so changing a Clusters-preset can have unwanted results... That's why I'm asking. Thank you.

I just uploaded a new version of Clusters that implements this feature.

• @Bryan said:

@Harro said:

I just uploaded a new version of Clusters that implements this feature.

Thank you!!