Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOZAIC - Create your own AU MIDI plugins - OUT NOW!

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Looking forward to the Mozaic update “refresh” so I don’t have to keep closing down the app to install via open in!

This already works in the current version. You still “open in” to get the script into Mozaic but can use the refresh button in the upper right corner of the preset window to refresh the preset list and not have to quit Mozaic first to see the recent imports. As long as the script creators put the version number in the script name it’s easy to see the newest version and no need to delete the older one first. Works great!

• edited August 2019

@_ki said:

Good idea for patch category . Thanks
    +1

• @yowza said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Looking forward to the Mozaic update “refresh” so I don’t have to keep closing down the app to install via open in!

This already works in the current version. You still “open in” to get the script into Mozaic but can use the refresh button in the upper right corner of the preset window to refresh the preset list and not have to quit Mozaic first to see the recent imports. As long as the script creators put the version number in the script name it’s easy to see the newest version and no need to delete the older one first. Works great!

Thanks for that wasn't aware!

• @brambos said:

@wim said:

@Harro said:
    .... I hope @brambos will change that to case insensitive sorting...

+1

I can see if iOS allows this. It's an iOS filesystem feature, and we all know how 'advanced' the iOS file system is.

Obviously that's why most devs program their own filemanagementsystems... My favourites are in AUM (create, rename and delete userfolders, most recent or (case insensitive!) presetsorting, etc.) and in ToneStack. The latter is compact, has it all and looks like this :

I own (and use) almost all of your fine apps, but Mozaic is the first one where I really miss a better preset/patch-filemanager (like AUM or ToneStack); how come? Because I want to experiment with Mozaic-coding/programming, study and change patches from others and need my own made folders/banks to distinguish my try-outs and changes from the originals, etc.

• edited August 2019

Already posted in that thread you linked but thought it would fit here also.
    Just posted a ZachteMan Simulator for iOS using ENSO and MOZAIC.

Feel free to have a play: Patchstorage

• @MrBlaschke said:

Already posted in that thread you linked but thought it would fit here also.
    Just posted a ZachteMan Simulator for iOS using ENSO and MOZAIC.

Feel free to have a play: Patchstorage

@MrBlaschke Interesting script any chance you can share it as a AUM preset or even better as a Audiobus 3 preset. Just tried setting it up using the instructions can’t get Enso to respond to CC.

• edited August 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    @MrBlaschke Interesting script any chance you can share it as a AUM preset or even better as a Audiobus 3 preset. Just tried setting it up using the instructions can’t get Enso to respond to CC.

In the other thread there was already a link to an AUM file :)
    Also on the patchstorage page, at the bottom of the description.

Find an AUM session here: On my Dropbox

• @MrBlaschke said:

@Jumpercollins said:

In the other thread there was already a link to an AUM file :)
    Also on the patchstorage page, at the bottom of the description.

Find an AUM session here: On my Dropbox

@MrBlaschke cheers thanks didn’t see the other thread.

• @Jumpercollins
    No problem. I am struggling in Audiobus to send MIDI CC... I am not so used to audiobus...Shame on me :#

• Working on a new preset for the next Mozaic update: Arpticles.

It's a hybrid particle generator/arpeggiator. Obviously also a nice starting point for tinkering and making more advanced scripts if you don't want to start from scratch or just want to learn some techniques for arpeggiator-type scripts.

• edited August 2019

I have one problem or request to this patch
    I set first knob to 0 value and second knob to 30 for example.
    But when i play chord ,Sometimes none of the chord notes are played in real time .
    I need to always play at least one of the chord notes in real time when i play chord .
    Is this possible?

(https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/y8/6x9ylcnbkt5u.jpeg "")

@Onload ShowLayout 0 LabelKnobs {humaniz} LabelKnob 0, {min time} LabelKnob 1, {max time} LabelKnob 2, {min vel} LabelKnob 3, {max vel} @End @OnMIDINoteOn delayMax = TranslateScale (GetKnobValue 1), 0, 127, 0, 500 delayMin = TranslateScale (GetKnobValue 0), 0, 127, 0, 500 delay = Random delayMin, delayMax vel = Random (GetKnobValue 2), (GetKnobValue 3) SendMIDINoteOn MIDIChannel, MIDINote, vel, delay // remember the delay we're using for Note Off SetNoteState MIDIChannel, MIDINote, delay @End @OnMIDINoteOff // get the delay we used for this note delay = GetNoteState MIDIChannel, MIDINote SendMIDINoteOff MIDIChannel, MIDINote, 0, delay @End
  • edited August 2019

@pejman said:
    I have one problem or request to this patch
    I set first knob to 0 value and second knob to 30 for example.
    But when i play chord ,Sometimes none of the chord notes are played in real time .
    I need to always play at least one of the chord notes in real time when i play chord .
    Is this possible?

(https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/y8/6x9ylcnbkt5u.jpeg "")

What exactly do you want to happen? You want the first out of a cluster of notes to have no delay?

• With the code above you will almost never get a note without a delay as you are calculating a delay with every NoteOn.
    If you want to make sure you need some un-delayed notes you have to make a rule to skip some from the delay values.

• edited August 2019

@brambos said:

@pejman said:

What exactly do you want to happen? You want the first out of a cluster of notes to have no delay?

Not exactly First . I want one of chords notes ( any of chord notes randomly ) has no delay . For example when i play CM7 , C or E or G or B have no delay randomly .

• edited August 2019

@MrBlaschke said:
    With the code above you will almost never get a note without a delay as you are calculating a delay with every NoteOn.
    If you want to make sure you need some un-delayed notes you have to make a rule to skip some from the delay values.

Your right, but what code should write? I'm very beginner in this science 😅

• edited August 2019

So basically you want a kind of „chord strumming“ that starts on point with the
    key presses?

There is a strummer already in patchstorage from Rodrigo: https://patchstorage.com/strummer

• @pejman said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    With the code above you will almost never get a note without a delay as you are calculating a delay with every NoteOn.

A good practice when coding it so write yourself some pseudo-code that breaks down what you want to do into steps you understand. Once you have those steps then convert it into "real" code.

For example, it might be something like

when setting up

set up random delay for notes so that one randomly chosen note has no delay

when a note comes in, use the delay calculated in set-up routine to send it out

if all the notes have been sent out, set up the next set of delays

or something like that. Just get something on paper that captures the logical solution and then replace that
    with the actual code. I often leave my pseudo-code in my programs as comments so that I know what I meant to do.

In your case (although I haven't studied what you want carefully enough), it seems like might be useful (if you want to make sure that one note has no delay) is to set up a counter to keep track of how many notes have been sent out since an undelayed note and if you have reached your limit, send out the next note as undelayed. There are many strategies you might use to ensure that one note out of every set is not delayed.

I hope that made sense.

• edited August 2019

@pejman said:

@brambos said:

@pejman said:

Not exactly First . I want one of chords notes ( any of chord notes randomly ) has no delay . For example when i play CM7 , C or E or G or B have no delay randomly .

The tricky thing is that notes are rarely received exactly at the same time. Especially when playing live there may be a millisecond or two between the notes, which means you'll have to pull some tricks to determine whether something is a chord or merely a rapid sequence of loose notes.

The easiest, most robust method to achieve what you want is to track how many notes are active. Make a counter and increment when a Note On is received, decrement when a Note Off is received.

When you receive a note and no other notes are currently playing, this may be the first note of a chord. You could always force this 'first note' to have no delay.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    So basically you want a kind of „chord strumming“ that starts on point with the
    key presses?

There is a strummer already in patchstorage from Rodrigo: https://patchstorage.com/strummer

Yes I know that pach i have already it in my mozaic presets.and I am quite familiar with its function, But I don’t want chord strummer, I wanted one plugin that play my live chords humanizing ( start notes and velocity ) , these chords plays via one arpeggiator or chord pads . if you read my previous posts in mozaic forum , you will find out where this started about this case.

• @pejman said:

Don‘t think we are letting you down or don’t want to help, but what @espiegel123 wrote is essential. You have to understand as least the logic you want to achieve. With that logic it is easier to follow what you actually want to do - also for others to help you out.

You have the possibilities of counting, like @espiegel123 and @brambos mentioned. Or you say „I always play 3 note chords“ which makes it a bit easier on the actual „randomness“ of counting and resetting the counters.

Find your logic and requirements, form them in logical word-blocks. Then try to build code from that.

• I’m a bit behind with this app - is there a central location to download user-created scripts? Sorry if this has been discussed already.

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2019

@audio_DT Yes, have a look at the patchstorage.com/platform/mozaic/ - currently there are 55 Mozaic scripts.

• @_ki said:
    @audio_DT Yes, have a look at the patchstorage.com/platform/mozaic/ - currently there are 55 Mozaic scripts.

It almost feels like cheating at this point.

• @espiegel123 said:

A good practice when coding it so write yourself some pseudo-code that breaks down what you want to do into steps you understand. Once you have those steps then convert it into "real" code.

Very thanks for information and explanation. I had to think well about your explanations .

• @MrBlaschke said:

@pejman said:

Don‘t think we are letting you down or don’t want to help, but what @espiegel123 wrote is essential. You have to understand as least the logic you want to achieve. With that logic it is easier to follow what you actually want to do - also for others to help you out.

I don't think so That don’t want to help 🙂 , every time I ask for help, I have been helped . Always with @brambos and @Wim and @Bryan and recently @MrBlaschke , @espiegel123 and all of you And I'm so happy to be in mozaic forum . I'm sure I will learn a lot from you .👍

• @brambos said:

@pejman said:

The easiest, most robust method to achieve what you want is to track how many notes are active. Make a counter and increment when a Note On is received, decrement when a Note Off is received.

When you receive a note and no other notes are currently playing, this may be the first note of a chord. You could always force this 'first note' to have no delay.

Thanks 🙏 @brambos for powerful support . I had to read your description carefully .

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@_ki said:

Excellent! Thank you, kindly, sir.

• @audio_DT said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@_ki said:

Excellent! Thank you, kindly, sir. P.s. I don’t mind cheating.

• @espiegel123 said:

@pejman said:

@MrBlaschke said:

For example, it might be something like

when setting up

set up random delay for notes so that one randomly chosen note has no delay

when a note comes in, use the delay calculated in set-up routine to send it out

if all the notes have been sent out, set up the next set of delays

or something like that. Just get something on paper that captures the logical solution and then replace that
    with the actual code. I often leave my pseudo-code in my programs as comments so that I know what I meant to do.

In your case (although I haven't studied what you want carefully enough), it seems like might be useful (if you want to make sure that one note has no delay) is to set up a counter to keep track of how many notes have been sent out since an undelayed note and if you have reached your limit, send out the next note as undelayed. There are many strategies you might use to ensure that one note out of every set is not delayed.

I hope that made sense.

really appreciate this. I'm about to jump in - having never coded - tips like this are immensely helpful!

• @brambos : I have started writing some things in MidiDesigner Pro to talk to my Boss Katana amp -- which pretty much exclusively speaks sysex and not MIDI CC. I would much rather be doing this is Mozaic. It would be awesome if you added the ability to send SysEx or raw midi bytes -- unless it is there and I have missed it.

p.sl I don't (at this stage) need to listen to incoming sysex -- but that would probably be handy if it could