Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOZAIC - Create your own AU MIDI plugins - OUT NOW!

Comments

• Wow. There are 31 Mozaic scripts up at patchstorage.com already.
    I'm looking forward to testing the MidiQ and many of the others.

• Curious, as I have not taken the plunge yet...How difficult would it be to code up a utility so that a momentary hardware button (ie blueboard) can be converted into a toggle that can send configurable note or cc within AUM... AAAAND, be set up so that regardless of the state of the toggle, whenever you restart AUM/Mosaic, the toggle is in the off state. The second part is important...

• wimwim
    edited June 2019

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Curious, as I have not taken the plunge yet...How difficult would it be to code up a utility so that a momentary hardware button (ie blueboard) can be converted into a toggle that can send configurable note or cc within AUM... AAAAND, be set up so that regardless of the state of the toggle, whenever you restart AUM/Mosaic, the toggle is in the off state. The second part is important...

Piece of cake. Couple lines of code (somewhat more if you want to use knobs to configure the notes or cc’s rather than editing the code).

Streambyter could do this as well.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Curious, as I have not taken the plunge yet...How difficult would it be to code up a utility so that a momentary hardware button (ie blueboard) can be converted into a toggle that can send configurable note or cc within AUM... AAAAND, be set up so that regardless of the state of the toggle, whenever you restart AUM/Mosaic, the toggle is in the off state. The second part is important...

If you are on the fence, I recommend downloading the manual and spending 20 minutes with it. It is clearly explained and one gets a sense of most of its capabilities.

• I just uploaded a new script to patchstorage.com that provides sustain pedal support for those synths that lack it.

• edited June 2019

Hi
    Bug mozaic
    Recently when i load one of the patch of mozaic in cubasis and touch the cubasis virtual keyboard, cubasis crashes. And when I restart cubasis again , this problem is fixed . There is no this problem with other midi plugins like Audio veek or fuge or atom pianoroll .
    There was no this problem before with 1.0.3 version. I think this problem issues 1.0.5 or later .

IPad Air 2
    Cubasis 2.8
    Mozaic 1.0.8
    Ios 12.1.1

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

The second part is easy, you just send message to the controller to turn off the light, if it's supported by the controller but often it is. Not sure about the momentary -> toggle behaviour change. This week I will probably try out the same thing with different controller, I can let you know if it was possible. The idea I have is to setup some delay within which you don't let the note off pass trough (which should be enough just for the "press") and also send the note on back to the controller to light the LED up. Then you remember if the note is on and on second press, you do the exact opposite - kill the note on and pass the note off.

I will let you know if this worked out well.

• @wim said:
    Another MIDI echo that uses Velocity variation per step rather than pad-toggles. It’s an echo with variable volume per echo. Each echo can be softer or louder than the original, making some interesting rhythms.

Project file download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kk4lcp7ww1dp23/Velocity MIDI Echo.mozaic?dl=0

I just heard this amazing Looper/echo pedal demoed by Jeremy Blake here.
    I'm wondering if @wim's Midi Echo plugin could be developed further to save me spending $350? it's a beautiful FX pedal all driven by clock speed, so I'm thinking it could be possible, but I've no clue where to start!

• edited June 2019

Anyone having any trouble loading patches from patchstorage.com? It’s always been a bit temperamental but I can’t get anything through after the latest update. I’m hitting ‘open in...’ and then hitting ‘load’ in mozaic, nothing :/

• @Artefact2001 said:
    Anyone having any trouble loading patches from patchstorage.com? It’s always been a bit temperamental but I can’t get anything through after the latest update. I’m hitting ‘open in...’ and then hitting ‘load’ in mozaic, nothing :/

I just tried a few, and it's working for me. Keep in mind that "Open in..." only imports the preset, but doesn't automatically load it (it has to do with the AU plugin being in a separate sandbox from the standalone app, which is a total pain for use cases like this).

So the imported scripts should be in your user preset folder.

• I find that imported presets don't show up until after I quit out of Mozaic and open it again.

• I have a request for a Mozaic script that sends the notes to transpose all of the Rozeta plugins at once (apps that accept transpose notes like Bassline, Cells, Particles, etc) so I guess the notes need to be sent on different specific MIDI channels. Most DAW keyboards don't let you configure and send notes on multiple channels. I can set up the AUM keyboard to send to particular channels but if you change the keyboard setup you often have to redo the configuration again.

• @yowza said:
    I find that imported presets don't show up until after I quit out of Mozaic and open it again.

Yeah, that has to do with the same sandbox issue.

If you want to know the boring background story:
    Apple have decided that AU plugins don't live in the same sandbox as their standalone containers and has given them their own sandbox. As a result it is really difficult for plugins to exchange files with their standalone twin. You have to set up a clumsy secure exchange bridge between the two, but they can't notify eachother when files need to be synchronized.

Since it is impossible to "Open in..." directly into a plugin, files always have to be imported into the standalone app. But the standalone app can't tell the plugin to refresh its file list. So when importing a new file upon startup, it is saved in the standalone's file system. When the plugin is opened it checks the standalone's filesystem to see if there's something new, but these two processes are asynchronous. So it is possible that the plugin checks just too early. In that case you need to restart the app or force the plugin to have another look.

Hence you see all these clumsy solutions when dealing with presets in apps that have a standalone component and an AU plugin.

• Thx @wim - can’t wait to dive in.

• @brambos said:

@yowza said:
    I find that imported presets don't show up until after I quit out of Mozaic and open it again.

Apple have decided that AU plugins don't live in the same sandbox as their standalone containers and has given them their own sandbox. As a result it is really difficult for plugins to exchange files with their standalone twin. You have to set up a clumsy secure exchange bridge between the two, but they can't notify eachother when files need to be synchronized.

Since it is impossible to "Open in..." directly into a plugin, files always have to be imported into the standalone app. But the standalone app can't tell the plugin to refresh its file list. So when importing a new file upon startup, it is saved in the standalone's file system. When the plugin is opened it checks the standalone's filesystem to see if there's something new, but these two processes are asynchronous. So it is possible that the plugin checks just too early. In that case you need to restart the app or force the plugin to have another look.

Hence you see all these clumsy solutions when dealing with presets in apps that have a standalone component and an AU plugin.

Jeez! :s
    Thanks for the heads up, I’ll know to reopen in future!

• Idea for adventurous scriptures: a fills, rolls and repeats script to sit between a MIDI note source and a drums plugin.

• @badbeat said:
    I just heard this amazing Looper/echo pedal demoed by Jeremy Blake here.
    I'm wondering if @wim's Midi Echo plugin could be developed further to save me spending $350? it's a beautiful FX pedal all driven by clock speed, so I'm thinking it could be possible, but I've no clue where to start!

Sorry, but I don’t think that’s possible with Mozaic. That is an audio FX whereas Mozaic only works on MIDI.

• @brambos said:

@yowza said:

Can’t the plugin check the standalone’s filesystem when the user opens the plugin’s preset list? How much of a delay would that introduce before displaying the list?

• edited June 2019

Hello guys. I have one idea about notes or chords holder ( latch and toggle ), with ( legato and retrig ) mode . Is anyone willing to build this idea? :)

latch : that’s means, when i press one note or chord , That note is kept/hold automatically, when i press another notes or chord , Previous notes are released , and new notes is kept . Even if the new notes are same previous notes.

toggle : that’s mean, when I press one note or chord, that notes is kept/ hold automatically, when i press another note or chords, the new notes or chords add to previous notes, and if i press each one of Notes that have already been kept /hold , will be released.

latch + retrig : every time that press new notes , first , previous notes are released and then new notes are kept/ hold .

latch + legato : every time that press new notes , first , new notes are hold and then previous notes are released. this option is useful for arpeggiators that ,Being legato or retrig is important to them , for example if i have arpeggiator app that has 32 steps and I change my chords , In the middle of the way 16t step , arpeggiator backs to the first step . But with latch + legato , arpeggiator continues on track .

And with sustain pedal , can do releasing all the notes every time we need . Because if we use external midi keyboard, and mozaic is in background mode , or ipad is locked , We do not have to back to the screen mode or mozaic , for releasing notes.

This patch needs to 4 pads : latch, toggle, retrig, legato, and possiblity combines latch with retrig and latch with legato.

Please help for creating this patch .

• @yowza said:
    I have a request for a Mozaic script that sends the notes to transpose all of the Rozeta plugins at once (apps that accept transpose notes like Bassline, Cells, Particles, etc) so I guess the notes need to be sent on different specific MIDI channels. Most DAW keyboards don't let you configure and send notes on multiple channels. I can set up the AUM keyboard to send to particular channels but if you change the keyboard setup you often have to redo the configuration again.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You would like to be able to send notes to the plugin on a single channel, and have it output those notes on one or more channels?

If so, the MIDI Clone & Filter plugin from MIDI Tools by Victor Porof will do this and much more. It’s well worth having.

I did do a quick Mozaic script just for fun that I could upload if you prefer.

Of course, I could be misunderstanding what you’re trying to do.

• @Synthi said:

Wow! Mozaic si Great!
    Si there an script for “MIDI channeling” in the líneas of this one?:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/28392/streambyter-script-distribute-polyphonic-midi-to-n-outgoing-mono-midi-channels/p1?new=1

As promised, I made a Mozaic version of this script. I'll add it to the presets, but for now it's available from PatchStorage:

https://patchstorage.com/polymono-midi-router/

For educational/tinkering purposes I've kept it fairly straightforward; there currently is no voice-stealing etc. If you run out of voices, you'll need to release one first. I can add voice-stealing if needed; or you can try your hand at adding it yourself. The code is beginner-intermediate level complexity at most and not very long :)

• @wim said:

@yowza said:
    I have a request for a Mozaic script that sends the notes to transpose all of the Rozeta plugins at once (apps that accept transpose notes like Bassline, Cells, Particles, etc) so I guess the notes need to be sent on different specific MIDI channels. Most DAW keyboards don't let you configure and send notes on multiple channels. I can set up the AUM keyboard to send to particular channels but if you change the keyboard setup you often have to redo the configuration again.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You would like to be able to send notes to the plugin on a single channel, and have it output those notes on one or more channels?

If so, the MIDI Clone & Filter plugin from MIDI Tools by Victor Porof will do this and much more. It’s well worth having.

Thanks! I have the Midi Tools collection so I can try both of these later. I thought perhaps there might already be a MIDI app that does this.

I always have a hard time transposing all of the Rozeta plugins at the same time so for example, Bassline and Cells change keys together, that's what I'm really trying to do. I want to transpose them at the same time from one keyboard. I hope that makes sense.

• @yowza said:

@wim said:

@yowza said:

Thanks! I have the Midi Tools collection so I can try both of these later. I thought perhaps there might already be a MIDI app that does this.

I always have a hard time transposing all of the Rozeta plugins at the same time so for example, Bassline and Cells change keys together, that's what I'm really trying to do. I want to transpose them at the same time from one keyboard. I hope that makes sense.

MIDI Clone & Filter should do the job just great. But here’s the script that will do something similar if you want to try that out too.

@Description
    MIDI Note Clone v1.0

Highlight pads to enable MIDI channels. Incoming notes will be sent out on all the highlighted channels. All other MIDI is passed through unaffected.
    @End

@OnLoad
      for pad = 0 to 15
        LabelPad pad, {Ch. }, pad + 1
      endfor
      LabelPads {Note Send Channels}

LabelKnobs { }
      for knob = 0 to 3
        labelKnob knob, { }
      endfor

ShowLayout 2
    @End

@OnPadDown
      LatchPad Lastpad, NOT (PadState LastPad)
    @End

@OnMidiNote
      for pad = 0 to 15
        if (PadState pad) = YES
          SendMIDIThruOnCh pad
        endif
      endfor 
    @End

@OnMidiInput
      // Pass through any midi except notes unchanged.
      if MIDICommand <> 0x80 and MIDICommand <> 0x90
        SendMIDIThru
      endif
    @End

• edited June 2019

• @Synthi said:

@brambos said:
    As promised, I made a Mozaic version of this script. I'll add it to the presets, but for now it's available from PatchStorage:

>

Thanks a lot!!
    Also hope @_ki will convert his wonderfull script! (And add that something special too)

• @pejman said:
    Hello guys. I have one idea about notes or chords holder ( latch and toggle ), with ( legato and retrig ) mode . Is anyone willing to build this idea? :)

latch : that’s means, when i press one note or chord , That note is kept/hold automatically, when i press another notes or chord , Previous notes are released , and new notes is kept . Even if the new notes are same previous notes.

toggle : that’s mean, when I press one note or chord, that notes is kept/ hold automatically, when i press another note or chords, the new notes or chords add to previous notes, and if i press each one of Notes that have already been kept /hold , will be released.

latch + retrig : every time that press new notes , first , previous notes are released and then new notes are kept/ hold .

latch + legato : every time that press new notes , first , new notes are hold and then previous notes are released. this option is useful for arpeggiators that ,Being legato or retrig is important to them , for example if i have arpeggiator app that has 32 steps and I change my chords , In the middle of the way 16t step , arpeggiator backs to the first step . But with latch + legato , arpeggiator continues on track .

And with sustain pedal , can do releasing all the notes every time we need . Because if we use external midi keyboard, and mozaic is in background mode , or ipad is locked , We do not have to back to the screen mode or mozaic , for releasing notes.

This patch needs to 4 pads : latch, toggle, retrig, legato, and possiblity combines latch with retrig and latch with legato.

Please help for creating this patch .

This IS really Usefull!!!! Releasing notes could be sustain pedal or better using a configurable CC

• @Synthi said:

@Synthi said:

@brambos said:

>

Thanks a lot!!
    Also hope @_ki will convert his wonderfull script! (And add that something special too)

What exactly was the “something special” you were hoping for?

• Version 2.0 of MIDI CC Randomizer is uploaded at PatchStorage.com: https://patchstorage.com/midi-cc-randomizer-and-scenes/

This script allows you to send 16 different cc’s to random values, for use with synths that don’t have randomization options. Version 2.0 adds the ability to scale the randomization from very small to large jumps. It also adds the ability to store up to 16 scenes of cc values. You can randomize, tweak, save, recall and erase the scenes (snapshots).

MIDI CC Randomizer v2.0
    Randomize, tweak, store, and recall cc value sets.

Double-Tap the randomize knob to set random values for the 16 listed cc's. You can also turn the knob past mid-way, or map a cc to the AU parameter and send 64 or higher to it. The Strength knob alters how far the cc's move on randomization.

Up to 16 snapshots of the knob/cc values can be saved. Move the Store knob to a numbered snapshot. After one second of no knob movement the snapshot will be saved. These knobs can of course be adjusted by AU their parameters as well.

Snapshots can also be saved by single-tapping one of the pads. The SHIFT button toggles between Pads and Knobs view.

Recalling a snapshot is done similarly with the Recall knob, or by DOUBLE-tapping its pad. Snapshots can be cleared with the Reset knob, or by TRIPLE-tapping a pad with a saved snapshot.

To change the CC # assigned to a knob, hold down SHIFT while turning the knob.

• Yet another new script up at patchstorage.com called Aftertouch to CC. This script receives Channel Aftertouch (Channel Pressure) and converts it to a Midi CC. This may be used to control parameters on synths that do not support aftertouch control. In addition, a second Input CC such as an LFO may be mixed with the converted aftertouch CC to create a complex modulation source. SCALE is like a gain or "sensitivity" control for the aftertouch CC with a range of 0%-200%, whereas the OFFSET control adds or subtracts from the CC value, thus setting the "starting point" of the modulation. Together, these two knobs control the "feel" of the aftertouch response. MIX controls how much of the second input CC signal is mixed with the output. Engaging POLARITY reserses the polarity of the aftertouch signal. The pads are used to easily set the CC numbers for the final output CC and the second Input CC. The XY Pad displays aftertouch on the X axis and the second input CC on the Y axis. Press the SHIFT button to see knob values.

• @Bryan said:
    Yet another new script up at patchstorage.com called Aftertouch to CC. This script receives Channel Aftertouch (Channel Pressure) and converts it to a Midi CC. This may be used to control parameters on synths that do not support aftertouch control. In addition, a second Input CC such as an LFO may be mixed with the converted aftertouch CC to create a complex modulation source. SCALE is like a gain or "sensitivity" control for the aftertouch CC with a range of 0%-200%, whereas the OFFSET control adds or subtracts from the CC value, thus setting the "starting point" of the modulation. Together, these two knobs control the "feel" of the aftertouch response. MIX controls how much of the second input CC signal is mixed with the output. Engaging POLARITY reserses the polarity of the aftertouch signal. The pads are used to easily set the CC numbers for the final output CC and the second Input CC. The XY Pad displays aftertouch on the X axis and the second input CC on the Y axis. Press the SHIFT button to see knob values.

That sounds really powerful.

Completely unrelated: I like that "remark header" you put in your scripts B)