Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOZAIC - Create your own AU MIDI plugins - OUT NOW!

Comments

• @skiphunt said:
    I checked out of this thread for a bit... are all the scripts being kept in one place? ie. was there a host platform that was decided upon for Mozaic scrips? Or, are they pretty much all scattered around this and other threads?

Kinda curious if there's one place to browse all the groovy scripts created and shared thus far.

I’m currently in the process of setting up a Mozaic section on Patchstorage.com

• @rs2000 said:

@brambos said:
    Just released version 1.0.2

1. User Events
      You can now define your own user events for more efficient reuse and separation of code:

@OnLoad
        Call @MyFoo
      @End

@MyFoo
        Log { F00! }
      @End

Interesting!
    By which events, apart from "OnLoad", can user events be triggered?

Anywhere! B)

• @wim said:

@rs2000 said:

@brambos said:

1. User Events
      You can now define your own user events for more efficient reuse and separation of code:

@OnLoad
        Call @MyFoo
      @End

@MyFoo
        Log { F00! }
      @End

Interesting!

Anywhere! B)

Even from themselves! Just be careful doing that. :)

• @brambos said:

@wim said:

@rs2000 said:

@brambos said:

1. User Events

@OnLoad
        Call @MyFoo
      @End

@MyFoo
        Log { F00! }
      @End

Interesting!

Anywhere! B)

Even from themselves! Just be careful doing that. :)

Oooh. I hadn’t thought of that. Recursion ... yay!

• Oh man, this one addition, user events, is a huge leap in usability! It’s so much easier to keep track of what’s going on and to not break things. It’s perfect!

• I finally finished the minimalist helper script, just in time for 1.02 :smiley: . I have also prepared a YouTube video that explains how to work with the script. I love this one, and hope it can also be useful for all Mozaic owners! :blush:

Mozaic Project File
    https://dropbox.com/s/495nkvce1fc4l9v/minimalism%20wizard.mozaic?dl=0

YouTube Video

• @wim said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @wim As I thought, your Midi CC Morph Pad script is awesome fun with the Novation CIRCUIT macros. Just needed to change CCs to 80-87 and was jamming those mods like crazy. Great stuff!

To be honest, I haven’t used it yet myself, so it’s good to hear someone is. :D

Gonna enhance it with some of the great ideas offered here soon I hope. Problem is I keep getting too many ideas for new scripts! The possibilities are endless.

I’ve been using it lots with Gadget.

I really, really would like 16 or so CCs though. Not just the current 8. That would take it to a whole another level for patch morphing!

• @rrc2soft said:
    I finally finished the minimalist helper script, just in time for 1.02 :smiley: . I have also prepared a YouTube video that explains how to work with the script. I love this one, and hope it can also be useful for all Mozaic owners! :blush:

Mozaic Project File

YouTube Video

Wow! That’s beautiful!!

• @brambos said:

@skiphunt said:
    I checked out of this thread for a bit... are all the scripts being kept in one place? ie. was there a host platform that was decided upon for Mozaic scrips? Or, are they pretty much all scattered around this and other threads?

Kinda curious if there's one place to browse all the groovy scripts created and shared thus far.

I’m currently in the process of setting up a Mozaic section on Patchstorage.com

Coolness... and thanks to @wim for the temporary wiki. Several of the scripts look interesting... even if you're not interested in coding your own. And the recent one by @Bryan with the probability gate like midiFILTr-PG got me interested.

• May I have a suggestion...
    It's probably a safe bet, that this playground will grow. I understand that most of these new features are straightforward for hardcore users, requested or discussed earlier etc.
    But for others, interested in learning a bit of description in manual would be very much appreciated. Something like "What's new" at the beginning of manual with a link where it's explained, when new functions appear.

Thank you!

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@wim said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @wim As I thought, your Midi CC Morph Pad script is awesome fun with the Novation CIRCUIT macros. Just needed to change CCs to 80-87 and was jamming those mods like crazy. Great stuff!

To be honest, I haven’t used it yet myself, so it’s good to hear someone is. :D

Gonna enhance it with some of the great ideas offered here soon I hope. Problem is I keep getting too many ideas for new scripts! The possibilities are endless.

I’ve been using it lots with Gadget.

I really, really would like 16 or so CCs though. Not just the current 8. That would take it to a whole another level for patch morphing!

Yeh, gonna do that now that the update is out. I didn't want to re-work it while the new changes were still upcoming. Gimme a day or two. B)

• edited May 2019

Has anyone created a simple controller for the funky-ass poor OB-DX release? I figure that's possible right? I might give it a go (total amateur looking for simple first project)

• @_ki said:
    @Bryan Cool idea - i added multipad support and restructured your code a bit

Sweet! Multipad support was next on my to do list.

• @rrc2soft said:
    I finally finished the minimalist helper script, just in time for 1.02 :smiley: . I have also prepared a YouTube video that explains how to work with the script. I love this one, and hope it can also be useful for all Mozaic owners! :blush:

Mozaic Project File

YouTube Video

great fun. thank you very much

• Progress!

We now have a 'platform' on Patchstorage.com!

https://patchstorage.com/platform/mozaic/

I think I will close the Github we have to avoid confusion. I will also add patchstorage to the Mozaic website as the recommended sharing platform for presets and scripts.

B)

• @brambos said:
    Progress!

I think I will close the Github we have to avoid confusion. I will also add patchstorage to the Mozaic website as the recommended sharing platform for presets and scripts.

B)

I am checking the platform (looks cool!), and I have a question regarding the preferred preset/script format. What is the preferred format for uploading patches in Patchstorage.com? .mozaic inside a .zip file? .txt scripts? Or shall we specify whether we are sharing presets (.mozaic inside .zip) or scripts (.txt)?

BTW, I mention that .mozaic files should be zipped because, according to the website, the accepted formats are only:

Allowed file types: *.pd *.sc *.audulus *.vcv *.scn *.ck *.py *.zip *.zop *.json *.instr *.txt

• @rrc2soft said:

@brambos said:
    Progress!

B)

I am checking the platform (looks cool!), and I have a question regarding the preferred preset/script format. What is the preferred format for uploading patches in Patchstorage.com? .mozaic inside a .zip file? .txt scripts? Or shall we specify whether we are sharing presets (.mozaic inside .zip) or scripts (.txt)?

BTW, I mention that .mozaic files should be zipped because, according to the website, the accepted formats are only:

Allowed file types: *.pd *.sc *.audulus *.vcv *.scn *.ck *.py *.zip *.zop *.json *.instr *.txt

Ah.. I have asked to add *.mozaic
    I’ll contact them

• @rrc2soft Thank you for the Youtube video.

• @torrescampalans said:

@rrc2soft said:

Mozaic Project File

YouTube Video

great fun. thank you very much

this is really fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing this, and the helpful tutorial as well!

• @brambos said:

@rrc2soft said:

@brambos said:
    Progress!

B)

Ah.. I have asked to add *.mozaic
    I’ll contact them

Done, now .mozaic patches can be uploaded :smile: .

One small detail for all patch creators (such as @wim @NoonienS @synthesaurio ): Every patch must have an attached screenshot, which must be less than 1MB.

• Great update: User events (and more) for programming and a very nice Patchstorage for sharing!
    I hope @brambos will now take care of some bugs in the code editor in Mozaic:

• the editor does'nt scroll (up) automatically when you reach the bottom of the screen (editor maximized or not);
    • there is no scrollbar when there is more code than fits the screen (editor maximized or not);
    • when using a bluetooth (qwerty/azerty) keyboard and working in maximized editorview, the GUI pops up when you switch from LOG-view to CODE-view and place the cursor with a finger.

Also other things could be improved:

• a way to get rid of the "Hello there!"/"Got it!" dialog in standalone mode (I did got it);
    • importing mozaic-presets only show these in the presetlist after restarting the app; at least a message like "Preset imported succesfully" would be helpful;
    • Moziac in standalone mode always opens with the "Welcome to Mozaic" preset; I wish it would open with the last opened preset...
    • the presetmanager really needs user defined preset-banks ('My presets', 'Audiobusforum-presets', 'experiments', etc.) and a way to save presets in a choosen presetbank.

"Vragen staat vrij", we say in Dutch, which means (when you're a little shy to ask something): it's always free to ask...

• @wim said:

@cian said:
    Time to write my looper

I’m interested in how you plan to record more than 1000 notes with the arrays limited as they are. I guess allocate more than one, then chain them?

Don't plan to record anything that long :) This is more about creating a function that allows looping functionality to be easily added to any script, so that you can write a script for processing it. But longer than 8 bars is probably not the use case I have in mind.

• It will be fun when a really simple piece of script to loop comes out and then it becomes the basis for dozens of "forked" scripts.

Just try to describe what a looper has to do:

save incoming events (MIDI Note + Velocity) and some timing data
    add Note Off timing data later for the required 4th parameter

Design choice: should loops be predetermined in time (beats) or based upon an "end event"?

At loop time start generating Note On/Offs from the saved Loop Data "Quartets".

Offer a state when new notes can be added to the "Loop" (Overdub)?
    Should you add an "undo" for overdubs or even make layers that can be turned on/off?
    Or potentially reduce the velocity value for each new loop so layers fade out over time?

Tricky bits:
    What if a new note comes in for a Midi Note that's currently active (before a Note off is timed to go). What should the Looper do? Most synth's might not play the new note and hold waiting for a note off. Some might stop the existing note and start a new one. Get it wrong and a synth might never get the note off and they just hang.

Anyway, that first looper script will trigger a wave of "forks". Of course, there might also be root Loopers developed without the benefit of someone's code. That would be an even better situation.

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

@Harro said:

• there is no scrollbar when there is more code than fits the screen (editor maximized or not);

I’m interested to know why a scroll bar is needed when you can drag the window like any other iOS app?

I never use the app in standalone except for when it pops up when importing a patch so most of the rest don’t bother me, but I can see how they might if one did.

• @Carnbot said:
    @brambos would it be possible in theory to set up a script with Mozaic to use a Bluetooth qwerty keyboard as a midi controller? :)

Run your midi through SunVox then pass it to external synths?

• @audiblevideo said:

@Carnbot said:
    @brambos would it be possible in theory to set up a script with Mozaic to use a Bluetooth qwerty keyboard as a midi controller? :)

Run your midi through SunVox then pass it to external synths?

I’m wanting an AU ideally, but when Sunvox goes AU, I’ll be using it a lot more :) Think it’s still some way off though.

• Hi @brambos, feature request: GetRootNoteName and GetScaleName functions for using in labels would save more than 75 lines of code in any script that uses preset scales labeled on knobs.

• @wim said:
    Hi @brambos, feature request: GetRootNoteName and GetScaleName functions for using in labels would save more than 75 lines of code in any script that uses preset scales labeled on knobs.

YES, PLEASE!

• @wim said:
    Hi @brambos, feature request: GetRootNoteName and GetScaleName functions for using in labels would save more than 75 lines of code in any script that uses preset scales labeled on knobs.

Noted! :)

• @brambos said:

@wim said:

Noted! :)

Thanks! Oh, and almost equally as important: ability to set scale by a number rather than string. Another 48 lines of code saved. B)