PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

intel zombie - , spectre, meltdown, now this!

Comments

• Fixing the holes, is going to slow things down, but who made those holes.

• edited May 17

On the plus side, I get the feeling of a lovely speed boost for live performance or heavy mixing tasks by disabling all these fixes temporarily (and disconnecting my machine from the internet for that duration!).

• edited May 17

@knewspeak said:
    Fixing the holes, is going to slow things down, but who made those holes.

someone who wanted all the cloud data. it seems to be made for VM.
    the other stuff was for intel & arm.

this is not a random coincidence. Its mega hole nr. 3.
    its political.
    who do we know that is a bad data sucker?
    5 eyes, China, Russia.

• What it really needs is an undo for the performance hit fixes that already have been implemented, and just keep your machine offline.

• @Max23 said:

@knewspeak said:
    Fixing the holes, is going to slow things down, but who made those holes.

someone who wanted all the cloud data. it seems to be made for VM.
    the other stuff was for intel & arm.

this is not a random coincidence. Its mega hole nr. 3.
    its political.
    who do we know that is a bad data sucker?
    5 eyes, China, Russia.

It’s got to be the home team, yes, I’d say the eyes have it, at the moment they’re trying to stop China from getting in on the act.

• @knewspeak said:

What it really needs is an undo for the performance hit fixes that already have been implemented, and just keep your machine offline.

its really sad, not much happened with intel in the last years anyway and all this hole fixing is setting us year back, argh

• 5 eyes for the win ! :D

It’s like Spy vs Spy on the global stage, black & white hats abound, some doubtless grey.

This eye opener from 2013, best ‘paranoid speculation of a crazy person’ part @56 minutes ...