Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2 and Garageband together?

I've used Garageband IOS for a couple of projects. In general I like it and have learned to work around some of its limitations. Is anyone using both Garageband and Cubasis for the same project? If so, why and do they play nicely together?

Comments

• I don’t use both together. But I don’t see any issue with them playing nice together. They’re separate apps. If you run them both in Audiobus, I can’t think of any issues you would have.

• I guess I'm just looking for something that's pretty easy to learn and has more flexibility than garageband. For example, I'm working on a project now and would like to do more with automating effects, panning, and mastering. There are work arounds for some of these things but they're awkward. I've even thought about exporting each of 11 tracks as audio files and importing them into my PC DAW.

• Cubasis would be good for that.

• Yea those omissions are annoying in GB....practically showstoppers in many cases. If you are going to be exporting stuff anyway I’d say finish those in your PC DAW...

• edited May 2019

So this morning I decided to merge my 13 tracks individually for export to dropbox and then into my PC DAW. It can be done, but it's VERY time consuming and awkward. It took me about an hour to merge each individual track, upload each resulting wav file to dropbox and set up in my PC DAW. Then I had to clean up all the backup files GB created in the process. Don't think I'll be doing this again.

Daniel in the Garageband Users facebook group mentioned using Cubasis within GB as an IAA. Any thoughts about that?

Yes, I could use my PC DAW from scratch, but I really like the interface, instruments and drummers in GB.

• Lack of stem export is GarageBand’s most annoying and inexplicable missing feature.

• @LeesKeys

There is a way to make this slightly less tedious: You can actually copy your GB project to AudioShare. The project appears as a regular folder in AudioShare and you can access all the audio files from there. I’m pretty sure merged tracks all end up together in their own folder.

You should be able to zip those files up in AudioShare and then copy to DropBox.

Still not a great work flow, but an improvement.

• @LeesKeys said:
    Daniel in the Garageband Users facebook group mentioned using Cubasis within GB as an IAA. Any thoughts about that?

IAA'ing Cubasis into GB will give you audio tracks (not MIDI) inside GB. I've done this before for some sounds from Cubasis into GB.

• edited May 2019

ok, I’ve installed Audioshare and have copied the GB project (with all tracks converted to audio) into Audioshare. Under Media all tracks are listed as aiff files. How do I convert these to wav, zip them all in one zip file so I can upload to Dropbox?

• Never mind, figured it out. Thanks for the suggestion about Audioshare

• Very nice MobileMusic!

• @bwrobinett said:
    @LeesKeys

There is a way to make this slightly less tedious: You can actually copy your GB project to AudioShare. The project appears as a regular folder in AudioShare and you can access all the audio files from there. I’m pretty sure merged tracks all end up together in their own folder.

You should be able to zip those files up in AudioShare and then copy to DropBox.

Still not a great work flow, but an improvement.

Using the AudioShare WiFi server is faster. Just turn it on then browse to the folder with the PC’s internet browser.