Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Weird Battery Issue (iPhone 6s + AUM + iRig Pro Duo)

anranr
edited May 16 in General App Discussion

Hi guys,
I'm not really an iPhone user so I wanted to see if anyone can shed some light on this weird issue: For a particular setup I'm testing, I'm using an iPhone 6s, with an iRig Pro Duo, AUM (with Korg Module and K7D) and a MIDI keyboard.

Both the iRig Pro Duo and the Midi keyboard are powered by their own power adapters.
To connect these items (and charge the iPhone at the same time) I'm using an original Lightning-USB 3 Apple adapter (see picture).

The problem is, the iPhone's battery level goes down DESPITE being on charge, as if it's using more power than what it gets from the power supply (I tried two different ones).
IMPORTANT: the device charges fine if I unplug the iRig Pro Duo and/or if I quit AUM, so we can safely say that the charger and the USB cable (new) are not part of the problem.

Any hints? Thank you for your time.

Comments

  • edited May 16

    Korg Module drains the battery on the iPhone. Tested on iPhone 6s plus and SE (worse on iPhone SE) . Sorry for my English.

  • Even when your iPhone is connected to the charger and is charging? That'd be weird.

  • I think Module is the problem, too much cpu usage.

  • Used to happen to me as well with my gear on my iPad Pro. The apps are consuming more power than the phone is receiving from the charger. Not by a lot but enough to drain the battery a little while still on the charger.
    Are you using the 5w or 10w charger?

  • I recommend that you use an iPad size adapter as it outputs higher amps. It’s about the amps that make it happen. The iPhone’s adapter is not producing enough output amps to feed the need although it’s producing enough to work but not enough to charge.

    Also, I highly recommend you search the forum for Brambos’ battery optimization thread. So much to learn there.

  • @anr said:
    Hi guys,
    I'm not really an iPhone user so I wanted to see if anyone can shed some light on this weird issue: For a particular setup I'm testing, I'm using an iPhone 6s, with an iRig Pro Duo, AUM (with Korg Module and K7D) and a MIDI keyboard.

    Both the iRig Pro Duo and the Midi keyboard are powered by their own power adapters.
    To connect these items (and charge the iPhone at the same time) I'm using an original Lightning-USB 3 Apple adapter (see picture).

    The problem is, the iPhone's battery level goes down DESPITE being on charge, as if it's using more power than what it gets from the power supply (I tried two different ones).
    IMPORTANT: the device charges fine if I unplug the iRig Pro Duo and/or if I quit AUM, so we can safely say that the charger and the USB cable (new) are not part of the problem.

    Any hints? Thank you for your time.

    Could be a sign that the battery is on its last legs.

  • @YZJustDatGuy said:
    Used to happen to me as well with my gear on my iPad Pro. The apps are consuming more power than the phone is receiving from the charger. Not by a lot but enough to drain the battery a little while still on the charger.
    Are you using the 5w or 10w charger?

    Good to know, never noticed this on the iPad. So far I've been using a 5v 2A charger. I can check if the iPad one makes a difference.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    Could be a sign that the battery is on its last legs.

    I don't think so, I checked the Battery Health in the Settings and it says 100% and Normal Peak capability.

Sign In or Register to comment.