Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I’m lacking some basic understanding of how to use midi in Auria Pro

2»

Comments

• @Ripper7620 is right. There are indeed really unpredictable things happening to midi patterns when project tempo changes, and they are not related to plugins. I can reproduce easily by adding just a couple of midi tracks with any instrument, putting some notes in them, then changing tempo up and down.

• @Ripper7620 : Sorry, my bad. I didn't look closely enough at the picture after the change to 144

Something weird is going on. For me, I could make one global tempo change without a problem but subsequent changes went haywire.

If I changed the tempo from 120 to something else, it worked ok. All my clips were four measures long. After the tempo change, they were still four measures long and their positions did not change.

But if I changed it again then the clip lengths and positions all got scaled in a strange way. I'll report it to RIM.

Sorry to send you off on that wild goose chase.

• @Ripper7620 said:
    Thank you for your reply, no automation going on, and the only AU that’s misbehaving is Wow2. Wow2 is actually resetting itself without even closing the project, it’s doing it while it’s open, and as I’m working.

I wonder if maybe Wow2 is receiving midi from somewhere and that is mapped to some of the controls, or maybe it’s receiving program change messages from somewhere. Just a wild guess.

• Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it, and no worries, at least I’m not going crazy. As far as Wow2, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I’m using it in 4 separate instances, but that part I can deal with.

• Now I remember why I switched to Cubasis. Just tried to replicate your scenario @Ripper7620 and Auria is a straight mess with even the most basic of tasks; quantizing MIDI notes and project tempo changes. Neither of which work correctly. I know that doesn’t help your situation. But if it’s any conciliation, it’s happening on this end as well.

• @Ripper7620 said:
    Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it, and no worries, at least I’m not going crazy. As far as Wow2, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I’m using it in 4 separate instances, but that part I can deal with.

Freezing tracks can sometimes help with issues like this.

• @brice said:
    Now I remember why I switched to Cubasis. Just tried to replicate your scenario @Ripper7620 and Auria is a straight mess with even the most basic of tasks; quantizing MIDI notes and project tempo changes. Neither of which work correctly. I know that doesn’t help your situation. But if it’s any conciliation, it’s happening on this end as well.

Thank you very much for your reply, I have Cubasis as well, so I’m going to learn how to use it, and see if it’s the better tool for the job.

• @wim said:

@Ripper7620 said:
    Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it, and no worries, at least I’m not going crazy. As far as Wow2, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I’m using it in 4 separate instances, but that part I can deal with.

Freezing tracks can sometimes help with issues like this.

Awesome, thank you very much, I appreciate it!

• @Ripper7620 I have confirmed your issue and just reported it to the dev too. Let’s hope a fix is included on the upcoming Auria Pro update.

• @Rodolfo said:
    @Ripper7620 I have confirmed your issue and just reported it to the dev too. Let’s hope a fix is included on the upcoming Auria Pro update.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it, and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

• I’m pretty sure this isn’t new. I’ve seen a few things on this forum as well as the Auria forum. The current workaround is to pick your tempo at the start (don’t remember which thread this was suggested by Rim). I know that this doesn’t work for @Ripper7620, and possibly for those who do a lot of tempo changing during the song.

• I just wanted to do a quick update, I’ve briefly done some work in Cubasis, not a deep dive, just enough to get aquanted with it. It would not allow me to use multiple instances of Wow2 as an AU, which is by far, my favorite plugin, and so I went back into Auria Pro, and so far, I have 4 separate instances of Wow2 running concurrently, and thus far, they have been stable. Despite the shortcomings of iOS, compared with a desktop setup, I’m continuing to slug it out in iOS because it’s a breath of fresh air, and that is inspiring. Thank you all again for your help, and patience in helping me work through the issue of tempo changes in AP, I appreciate it very much! Also, I will contact the developers of AP, and also request a possible fix to the issue.

• @Ripper7620 said:
    . It would not allow me to use multiple instances of Wow2 as an AU, which is by far, my favorite plugin, and so I went back into Auria Pro, and so far, I have 4 separate instances of Wow2 running concurrently, and thus far, they have been stable.

Confused by this, I cannot see AUV3 in the app description on appstore or the sugarbytes website...
    How have you got 4 instances open? (maybe i'm missing something obvious)

Cheers

• Ignore me, I can see its an Auria plug in... Good to know....

• @brice said:
    Also, maybe try duplicating your project, change all instances of Cyclop to a different synth and then attempt a tempo change? It could very well be something going on with the modulation timing of Cyclop not agreeing with a tempo change, and this experiment could reveal where you need to make adjustments.

Also, please share a mixdown of this project as I’m dying to hear how you’ve managed to make a track with 4 instances of Cyclop!

Hey @brice , I just wanted to let you know that I’m uploading, to SoundCloud, a composition with 4 instances of both Cyclop and Wow2, I’ll post it when it’s up in appropriate section. It’s not particularly good, and attempting to master it in Final Touch only made it worse, but it’s a good illustration of where I’m at right now, and how far I have to go before I’m doing quality work.

• @Ripper7620 said:

@brice said:
    Also, maybe try duplicating your project, change all instances of Cyclop to a different synth and then attempt a tempo change? It could very well be something going on with the modulation timing of Cyclop not agreeing with a tempo change, and this experiment could reveal where you need to make adjustments.

Also, please share a mixdown of this project as I’m dying to hear how you’ve managed to make a track with 4 instances of Cyclop!

Hey @brice , I just wanted to let you know that I’m uploading, to SoundCloud, a composition with 4 instances of both Cyclop and Wow2, I’ll post it when it’s up in appropriate section. It’s not particularly good, and attempting to master it in Final Touch only made it worse, but it’s a good illustration of where I’m at right now, and how far I have to go before I’m doing quality work.

We’ve all been there, or still are. Respect for choosing to share your work. Looking forward to hearing it. Tag me when you post it up.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.