Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamup pro xt noticable volume loss?

I will be getting an interface tomorrow for my guitar so I purchased Jamup pro today and tried it out with Alchemy, Animoog and bs16i. I am using it in the effects slot of audiobus with the synths in the input slot. If I run the synths dry they are very noticeably louder than when I run them through jamup. Is this normal or do I have something set incorrectly?
It sounds great but with a very noticeable volume drop when I turn it on from the audiobus slot.

Comments

• @Tritonman2 , I assume you're cranking up the volume from within JamUp (top right-sih), right?

• edited January 2014

Personally I don't like JamUp in the effects slot for guitar amp sims because the lag is very noticeable. JamUp works better for guitar in the input slot IMHO. I don't really notice lag when I use JU just for the effects on a synth in the AB input slot.
    YMMV

• Not noticing a lag of any sort just a volume loss. If I turn it off inside of audiobus the plain signal is a Lot louder. When I turn it back on the volume drops even with the amp turned up fairly high to say eight or nine. Yes the top slider is up. I will mess around tonight and try it in the output slot but that would not be useful for recording into cubasis.

• Something in your signal chain needs to be adjusted to correct the perceived signal loss most likely.

• Yes that is over stating the obvious, but what needs adjusting is my question? I just got home and plan on messing with it a bit and will let you all know if I figure it out.

• edited January 2014

I was able to reproduce the problem as you described with Jamup (free version) and Alchemy (mobile), but then I removed both and closed them and reopened Alchemy then Jamup ffrom AB angain, and now it works as expected. Haven't reproduced it again.

• I will have to try it in that order and see what happens, thanks.

• That did fix it indeed. Now I am off for some birthday fun! Thanks so much.

• Cool! Glad things got fixed! :-)