Nanostudio 2.0.1 update available.

AudioBus support, virtual MIDI IN, tons of AU related fixes, Mod Wheel, Sustain pedal support, save selection in audio editor, playable keyboard in pattern editor, velocity sensitive pads in Slate, native iPad Pro support,... lot of stuff

Full release info:
https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/605/nanostudio-2-0-1-has-just-been-released#latest

«1345

Comments

  • Exciting! I can’t quite tell from the notes... maybe I read them too fast... but are we able to record midi plugins with this version?

  • "Fixed MIDI input detection problem for some MIDI FX AUs (eg. Step Poly Arp)".
    Looks to be... fingers crossed.

  • @Zetagy said:
    "Fixed MIDI input detection problem for some MIDI FX AUs (eg. Step Poly Arp)".
    Looks to be... fingers crossed.

    Ah interesting. I didn’t think it was a detection problem so much as it was just never added. :#

  • edited May 14

    @DCJ said:
    Exciting! I can’t quite tell from the notes... maybe I read them too fast... but are we able to record midi plugins with this version?

    Directly not, but if you put MIDI Tools Route plugin on track you want to record (after midi plugin which output you want to record), you create second track in sequencer, switch to this track (by default NS records midi on currently acive selected track) and hit play/record it you get recorded all midi output from plugins on first track ;)

  • btw one thing not mentioned in list, but it's direct result of AB support - you can load NS as IAA generator in AUM or ApeMatrix

  • @dendy said:

    @DCJ said:
    Exciting! I can’t quite tell from the notes... maybe I read them too fast... but are we able to record midi plugins with this version?

    Directly not, but if you put MIDI Tools Route plugin on track you want to record (after midi plugin which output you want to record), you create second track in sequencer, switch to this track (by default NS records midi on currently acive selected track) and hit play/record it you get recorded all midi output from plugins on first track ;)

    Got it! Sounds like a good workaround until we get the real thing.

  • Great :)
    Looking forward to the ipad pro optimisation too.

  • Has the update shown up for anyone else?

  • it needs some time, apple is sluggish :)

  • Close on audio tracks yet?

  • It’s out now

  • @dendy said:

    @DCJ said:
    Exciting! I can’t quite tell from the notes... maybe I read them too fast... but are we able to record midi plugins with this version?

    Directly not, but if you put MIDI Tools Route plugin on track you want to record (after midi plugin which output you want to record), you create second track in sequencer, switch to this track (by default NS records midi on currently acive selected track) and hit play/record it you get recorded all midi output from plugins on first track ;)

    Is this final solution? No proper support for recording from midi plugs planned?

    The roadmap around release mentioned several things (IR reverb, audio tracks, iPhone support). It's obviously quite behind... can you tell more or less when can these be realistically expected? This year, next year? Priorities in development? I know sharing this info never ends well... but bleep was always open about it, so maybe you can share some...

    Thanks in advance!

  • It's up in uk store...

  • @recccp said:
    It's up in uk store...

    It’s up in Dallas :)

  • @richardyot said:
    Woot!

    My assessment also.

  • wimwim
    edited May 14

    Sweet!

    @recccp, I’m sure Dendy will give a more detailed answer, but in short, from other posts of his... Yes, recording of midi AU FX without a workaround is planned, but I think after the iPhone version and Audio Tracks. Both of which are somewhat behind schedule but (In Dendy’s estimation) likely to still make it some time this year.

  • iPad Pro screen optimizations look outstanding on my 13”. I have waaaay more screen real estate than before.

  • You forgot the most obvious and required thing, @deny

    NanoStudio 2 by Blip Interactive Ltd
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nanostudio-2/id1112601015?l=en&mt=8

    In your case, I did not expect this ;)

  • And to have this locally too:

    • Now supports Audiobus
    • Display layout optimized for all iPad Pro models
    • Added modulation wheel controller to AU and External MIDI instruments
    • Now recognizes all MIDI effect AUs
    • Various fixes and workarounds for improved AU compatibility
    • Note release responds to sustain (hold) pedal controllers
    • Added Bluetooth pairing dialogue to Settings/MIDI page
    • Added a virtual MIDI input port
    • Improved accuracy of recorded points when recording real-time controller movements
    • Real-time rendering is performed at current hardware sample rate
    • Added spectrum analyzer to Slate bus EQs
    • Touch velocity mode is now available in all Slate layout types (ie. all pad sizes)
    • Improved legibility of small fonts

    There are many more improvements, fixes and tweaks in this version. Please visit the Blip Interactive forums or refer to the in-app user manual for the full list.

  • So much nicer to use with the correct ui scaling now :)

  • @dendy Do you know if anyone has requested 'undo' for patch change in Obsidians Perform view?

    It's easy to 'loose a patch' that hasn't been saved when using the arrows in perform view close to the patch name meaning the 'edits' are lost when changing the patch :(

  • @wim said:
    Sweet!

    @recccp, I’m sure Dendy will give a more detailed answer, but in short, from other posts of his... Yes, recording of midi AU FX without a workaround is planned, but I think after the iPhone version and Audio Tracks. Both of which are somewhat behind schedule but (In Dendy’s estimation) likely to still make it some time this year.

    That's good news, thank you!

  • So putting NS2 in the audio out slot of AB3 and sending audio in does it actually achieve any signal as NS2 doesn’t currently have audio tracks. Is this pipeline for midi only ?

  • Fantastic update! Can't wait for iPhone compatibility.

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    So putting NS2 in the audio out slot of AB3 and sending audio in does it actually achieve any signal as NS2 doesn’t currently have audio tracks. Is this pipeline for midi only ?

    Sampling?

  • edited May 14

    @Jumpercollins
    So putting NS2 in the audio out slot of AB3 and sending audio in does it actually achieve any signal as NS2 doesn’t currently have audio tracks. Is this pipeline for midi only ?

    you can sample into Obsidian sampler or into Slate pad from audiobus (just open recording screen and "audiobus" will be set as recordinh input - if you have enabled "monitoring" you hear what is comming into NS from AB in this screen

    For example you can sample IAA synths this way - you send notes from NS into IAA synth using Nanostudio's "Externá MIDI track" instrument and sample back to NS Output from IAA loaded into AB input slot

    my favourite use case of AB is realtime resampling of NS output... I have saved AB preset which routes NS -> AUM -> NS (AUM is there because you cannot route directly NS -> NS in AB, plus i want also hesr what is playing :)). In AUM i use bus send for monitoring... In NS i can then at any moment sample into Obsidian / Slate what is NS currently playing ..so realtime resamplimg (i thing @Samu wanted this possibility ?)

    AB setup (saved as AB preset)

    AUM setup

    NS recording screen - ready to sample what is Ns currently playing :)

    (in this case, don't forget to disable "monitor" in NS recording screen instead you get feedback - monitoring is in this configurstion handled by AUM

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    So putting NS2 in the audio out slot of AB3 and sending audio in does it actually achieve any signal as NS2 doesn’t currently have audio tracks. Is this pipeline for midi only ?

    You can monitor/sample from an audiobus input source, by opening up a Slate track and then choosing a pad and tapping on 'sample' icon -> and REC which gets you to the recording window where you enable monitoring. In an Obsidian track, select OSC Type -> Sample - Rec Sample.

  • edited May 14

    Btw my totally most favourite feature in this update is something, what probably not many people even notice, but for me it's huge workflow speed up. It's this:


    save selection - it allows you save selected area and then jumos back to editor... with turned ON quantisation grid it is really cool to split some longer recording to smaller pieces with same size

Sign In or Register to comment.