Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

More new iPad woes... Can’t switch AUM from anything but 48K sample rate...

2»

Comments

• @ocelot said:
    In that case, get or make a cable splitter to split the 4-pole to 3-pole + 1 (and ground), with a gaming mic attachment plugged into the split.
    Amazon has lots of inexpensive cables that you can cobble-together something.
    Why do you need 44.1kHz? Just curious

44.1 kHz should use less processing power than 48 kHz. My iPads are not current state of the art, and I run multiple apps at once, so I figure that anything I can do to lessen the workload can help, e.g. in letting me set the lowest latencies I can get without nasty things happening. It will be for live performance, so it needs to be something that can be set up quickly, neatly, and reliably. I want to minimize little dangly bits and pieces hanging off, or other pieces to wire up and find places for. I'll stick mostly with the iPad Pro, which doesn't have quite the raw processing power of the 5th gen Mini, but at least has the advantage of 4 GB RAM, and I do like the bigger screen. But my Mini will still serve as backup, and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't set it the same way!

• @anotherscott2
    Check out this short thread, especially NeonSilicon's response near the bottom. (He's a long-time software developer and DSP guy).
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/46914/trying-to-set-sample-rate-in-aum-error-message

• Interesting, Ocelot, thanks for the pointer. So if you have an iPad where you do have the option of 44.1 or 48, sometimes you'll get the best performance (i.e. lowest processor overhead) from one, sometimes the other, and the only way to know for your particular set of apps is to try it!

I think there is one other reason people may prefer doing their work at 44.1 rather than 48. If the final destination of your work is going to be a CD, then it might be better to do everything at 44.1 from the beginning, rather than do everything at 48 and then downconvert to 44.1 to make the CD, no? Though even if that's the case, it's less and less of an issue, since CDs have become not so relevant these days.