Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution internal audio routing

In Audio Evolution is it possible to record the audio output of one audio track to another audio track? For instance- if Track 1 is receiving audio from the microphone and processing it through a pitch shifting AUV3, is it possible to route the audio from Track 1 with the pitch shifter to another audio track in Audio Evolution such that the second track records an audio file of the processed pitch shifted signal?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

I wasn’t able to, even using the Mixer Send Receive plugin (a useful free plugin included with Ape Matrix). The problem was I couldn’t find a way to add an audio track that doesn’t record from the mic input. Maybe there’s a way to do that, but I didn’t find it.

Does this placing of the effected audio need to be realtime? Because if not, it’s easy to put the FX on the second channel instead and just copy the audio clip to the second channel, or even to record to two channels simultaneously, one with the FX and one without.

You asked earlier about Stagelight. This method is possible there too. (BTW, Stagelight is free to try out, though limited in features. Their web site has a page showing the differences between versions.

• It's best to get the answer straight from the developer. Davy? @dwrae