Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight internal audio/ midi routing/recording

Hello

I am trying to find the right DAW for my workflow on an iphone

I use relatively complex midi and audio chains which feed into each other which has made finding a suitable host a challenge

3 questions:

In stagelight is it possible to record the audio output of one audio track to another audio track? For instance- if Track 1 is receiving audio from the microphone and processing it through a pitch shifting AUV3, is it possible to route the audio from Track 1 with the pitch shifter to another audio track in Stagelight such that the second track records an audio file of the processed pitch shifted signal?

There is no way to connect stagelight audio output to audiobus? There is no way to route audio from stagelight into AUM?

Is it possible to use midi processing AUV3s such as Rosetta Scaler within stagelight? Would I need to host this sort of midi processing within something like Audiobus?

Is it possible to control midi routing/mapping within stagelight? For example if I have an instance of Virtual Room AUV3 loaded in stagelight, can I map which midi ccs control the x and y position within the plugin the same way I would be able to within the Midi Routing/Midi Control sections of AUM?

Comments

• edited May 2019

The answer to most of your questions is basically no, as StageLight does not support neither Audiobus/IAA nor AU MIDI FXs yet. The devs promised those features are coming in an update, but it’s not ready yet.

• @annahahn said:
    In stagelight is it possible to record the audio output of one audio track to another audio track? For instance- if Track 1 is receiving audio from the microphone and processing it through a pitch shifting AUV3, is it possible to route the audio from Track 1 with the pitch shifter to another audio track in Stagelight such that the second track records an audio file of the processed pitch shifted signal?

No. You can use a send track at 100% to hear the pitch shifted signal, but you can only record a send track by soloing it and doing a mixdown.

There is no way to connect stagelight audio output to audiobus? There is no way to route audio from stagelight into AUM?

Correct. No way at this time.

Is it possible to use midi processing AUV3s such as Rosetta Scaler within stagelight? Would I need to host this sort of midi processing within something like Audiobus?

No, not at this time. Also, no IAA plugins. AU only.

Is it possible to control midi routing/mapping within stagelight? For example if I have an instance of Virtual Room AUV3 loaded in stagelight, can I map which midi ccs control the x and y position within the plugin the same way I would be able to within the Midi Routing/Midi Control sections of AUM?

Yes, you should be able to do this, I think (never actually tried, but the capability seems to be there). Keep in mind that MIDI out from Stagelight isn’t currently working.