Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Echo Chamber" Youtube/Internet Synths/Electronic Music Making

2»

Comments

• @RUST( i )K said:
    THESE VIDS I LOVE: (so know I am no hater, just a consumer musician and fan)

Dave Mech
    Hainbech
    ENrique Martinez
    Ben and Gear
    Noir Et Blanc
    Jade Wii
    Discopone
    Red Means Recording
    Late Night Beats
    ROn Cavalaro
    Rick Beato

Dude. If you love all of these (plus others you've mentioned) and still feel like youtube synth content is lacking, me thinks you maybe watch too much youtube synth content.

• Obligatory xkcd:

• I also like Peter Kirn (cdm). You can clearly see which entries are marketing blurb and which instruments were genuinely reviewed, by him or others. I don’t mind clearly marked blurb, a man gotsta eat, after all.

He also has interesting articles on concerts and often obscure music scenes.

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anybody whose face is bigger than the gear they are "reviewing" in their YouTube thumb is out!

@EyeOhEss said:
    I find the Bobeats and Andrew Huang types hilarious, but for all the wrong reasons ;) Very cringeworthy..

• Thing is, youtube vlogging/reviewing job is not well payed. So i pretty much understand why most of them invest own time into apps they REALLY like - which leads to enthusiastic and optimistic reviews.

You don't want spend your precious time with something you DON'T like. There is lot of apps which deserve criticism in reviews - but i understand why most of youtube vloggers simply avoid reviewing "bad" apps at all ..

Of course every great app does have weak places - this is something different, i don't feel like most well known vloggers / reviewers have problem with naming also weak places when they are doing reviews. I remember Jakob, Doug and others are also pretty much critic if there is something wrong with app.

What is VERY important, is to distinguish between objective criticism and subjective preferences. It's hard job doing reviews and stay objective, concentrate on facts, put away subjective preferences. That's the issue - if some feature is totally crucial for one, but totally not important (or even bothering) for other. How do you want rate in review such feature ? If you belong to first group, second group of users will not agree with negative review, and vice versa.

So, it's complicated.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @RUST( i )K said:
    I am personally starting to become bored with some of the online content regarding electronic music devices.

I am hoping in next coming months to actually launch a channel and hope to see some others.

The echo chamber combined with the "every product" is amazing and "every person" who reviews them is so brilliant is getting old.

I know it is my opinion but as of late, I am having a hard time watching product vids.

So much so, the homogenous cast of characters in the industry is sort of at the saturation point when it comes to my real world sensibilities.

I know online "ultra polite' and "hyper praise friendliness" is the norm. In reality, I see it more as an exercise in anticipated reciprocity of the "kind words"being "responded" to back.

Eventually when the same few people give the same effusive praise for products.......cmon.

Especially when many of them get free things or endorsements or payment in one form or another from many of these companies.

And very few of them ever talk about that component of the content in regard to the previous existing relationships or gratis with a manufacturer.

When we are talking about very expensive items, the perpetual love fest is redundant and at time insulting to my intelligence as of late.

I am not ragging on the personalities per se, more the environment they are existing it. Many of them are actually being used and they don't even know it. Eventually they will lack credibility and they may not know it.

That being said, I hope to see more diversity of opinions online regarding hardware and devices.

In the end, will anything change? No.

But, at least maybe some more real reviews and videos would make the industry online talk more relevant to my interests anyway.

It is sort of funny, the more reviewers LOVE items, more companies products end up on their channels that they "LOVE". Over and over and over.

I think Takerith has a great channel to be honest because he not only gives real reviews he does videos besides though that are essentially infomercials for gear.

I know many will disagree but I had to put this out there to know if I am alone on it.

Look forward to your input.

And yes this is the tone I have in real life. Not an Internet personality crafted to be some "nice guy" everyone loves and agrees with.

Dat ain't real fam.

Peace

NOTE: DID THIS QUICK SO PARDON SPELLING OR GRAMMAR ISSUES

AND DOUG IS NOT PART OF THIS.

DOUG IS KING

TIM @Discchord is Prince

These 2 are not what I am talking about.

I am not as much really talking about apps more hardware to be clearer.

This Dave Mech guy has a good Digitakt channel also. Check him out.

The problem with most youtube channels is that most of them start out of a sort of idealism (in most cases not political but more about caring about something ie iOS audio apps). As soon as channels begin to grow and attract more subscribers and traffic the content creator(s) of that channel see that they can make money with it often everything changes, because:
    1. YT pays for traffic, you can place (annoying) ads on your movies
    2. Some companies signal your growth offer sponsorship and pay for product placements
    3. Other companies send review stuff to the channel.
    This seems to be a quite natural process. Especially the bigger and/or more clever companies use this young and enthousiast YouTubers to promote their stuff. As viewer you just should aware that. A lot of reviews are not so neutral also because you start to grow a sort of family tie with the channels you follow. Just one example of an audio product that was heavily promote by a huge and so called "neutral" tech channel. Audio Technica M50(x) headphones. They gave this headphone away to amongst others YouTuber Marques Brownlee that had and has a huge following (at the moment over 8.000.000 subscibers) and let him promote the headphones, what better advertising you can have. This review always pops up as first in youtube searches, etc.
    Anyway my point is is that as soon as money gets involved it's hard to resist. And let's be fair it's quite a normal process. Just be sceptical when all bigger YouTubers promote the same sort of product if your ie into tech or electronic audio devices

@dendy said:
    Thing is, youtube vlogging/reviewing job is not well payed. So i pretty much understand why most of them invest own time into apps they REALLY like - which leads to enthusiastic and optimistic reviews.

You don't want spend your precious time with something you DON'T like. There is lot of apps which deserve criticism in reviews - but i understand why most of youtube vloggers simply avoid reviewing "bad" apps at all ..

Of course every great app does have weak places - this is something different, i don't feel like most well known vloggers / reviewers have problem with naming also weak places when they are doing reviews. I remember Jakob, Doug and others are also pretty much critic if there is something wrong with app.

What is VERY important, is to distinguish between objective criticism and subjective preferences. It's hard job doing reviews and stay objective, concentrate on facts, put away subjective preferences. That's the issue - if some feature is totally crucial for one, but totally not important (or even bothering) for other. How do you want rate in review such feature ? If you belong to first group, second group of users will not agree with negative review, and vice versa.

So, it's complicated.

What I missed above puts @dendy very well, besides the commercial bias YouTubers can have there's of course also a subjective bias. That goes today even so far that if people don't like your politic views or even if you lack them reviewers might stress this, destroy your product or won't talk about it.

• @syrupcore said:

Yeah he is legit

Gives positive and negative reviews

Also no clickbait

Also talented

Also well spoken

Also real

• @nondes said:
    I prefer educational types and musically oriented than personality driven synthfluencers, who I find extremely annoying. The good ones have already been named. I curate my YouTube feed extensively. Anything I don't like, I mark as "not interested" and the algorithm mostly works. How someone presents things makes a huge difference. If I learn something or am inspired, it was worth my time watching.

Thanks for your post!

can you make some suggestions?

• @barabajagal said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@EyeOhEss said:
    Simon The Magpie, Hainbach, Knobs, Amulets and Look Mum No Computer are probably the ones I instinctively click on, regardless of subject. They’re usually either pretty entertaining/imaginative or just making good sounds.

Jesus Christ. Is it just me or is Simon the Magpie one of the biggest wankers on YouTube. The fact he actually thinks he’s hilarious I find genuinely disturbing. He’s more interested in fucking up the equipment people give to him to promote than being insightful or helpful.

Think I’ll stick with Mr Doug Woods for iOS related stuff. Used to do good helpful stuff on pc related music as well but not for a while now, maybe more in the future...you never know

😃

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Anybody whose face is bigger than the gear they are "reviewing" in their YouTube thumb is out!

@EyeOhEss said:
    I find the Bobeats and Andrew Huang types hilarious, but for all the wrong reasons ;) Very cringeworthy..

Anyone who makes YouTube Face is immediately ignored.

• @aplourde said:

@Crawlingwind said:
    Anybody whose face is bigger than the gear they are "reviewing" in their YouTube thumb is out!

@EyeOhEss said:

Tell us what that means to you.....😏😆

• @RUST( i )K said:

@aplourde said:

@Crawlingwind said:

@EyeOhEss said:

Tell us what that means to you.....😏😆

:o :o :o :o

• @aplourde said:

@Crawlingwind said:

@EyeOhEss said:

For me there's an entire set of rules I apply to Youtube thumbnails to avoid cheap clickbait content. For example, if the thumbnail involves brightly colored arrows pointing at something vague (often accompanied by question marks or exclamation marks) it's a hard pass right away.

• @brambos said:
    For me there's an entire set of rules I apply to Youtube thumbnails to avoid cheap clickbait content. For example, if the thumbnail involves brightly colored arrows pointing at something vague (often accompanied by question marks or exclamation marks) it's a hard pass right away.

Thankfully none of those are techniques I use. That means you watch every video I release, right?!?!

😆

• If a video starts with “yo whaddup YouTube, it’s cha boy....”, it’s probably a piece of shit video. Likely the content you clicked on it for will only be within the last five minutes of a 20 minute video.

They always wanna bullshit around for SEO and watch time, etc so it usually goes like “yeah yeah yeah I’m bout to tell you all about that BUT FIRST...”. No fuck you, tell me all about it NOW.

• edited May 2019

I’ve been weaning off watching YT review/promos with the exception of mr Haqs occasional comedy episodes which I enjoy from a comrade in crime point of view. Other than that I’m bored to death with watching possibly because I don’t need anything else in my musical life unless it is actually going to shake things up to the point of breaking some porcellane in my cupboard.

Having said that I appreciate content creators for their effort in spreading information albeit I have noticed a massive bias towards the ‘positive news’ which is curiously lacking in actual news reporting. I appreciate it for the folks who are new to the iOS scene but personally I’m not getting goosebumps when another subtractive analogue blah blah synth comes out.

Definitely looking forward to how you shit develops @RUST( i )K