Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Echo Chamber" Youtube/Internet Synths/Electronic Music Making

edited May 2019 in Other

I am personally starting to become bored with some of the online content regarding electronic music devices.

I am hoping in next coming months to actually launch a channel and hope to see some others.

The echo chamber combined with the "every product" is amazing and "every person" who reviews them is so brilliant is getting old.

I know it is my opinion but as of late, I am having a hard time watching product vids.

So much so, the homogenous cast of characters in the industry is sort of at the saturation point when it comes to my real world sensibilities.

I know online "ultra polite' and "hyper praise friendliness" is the norm. In reality, I see it more as an exercise in anticipated reciprocity of the "kind words"being "responded" to back.

Eventually when the same few people give the same effusive praise for products.......cmon.

Especially when many of them get free things or endorsements or payment in one form or another from many of these companies.

And very few of them ever talk about that component of the content in regard to the previous existing relationships or gratis with a manufacturer.

When we are talking about very expensive items, the perpetual love fest is redundant and at time insulting to my intelligence as of late.

I am not ragging on the personalities per se, more the environment they are existing it. Many of them are actually being used and they don't even know it. Eventually they will lack credibility and they may not know it.

That being said, I hope to see more diversity of opinions online regarding hardware and devices.

In the end, will anything change? No.

But, at least maybe some more real reviews and videos would make the industry online talk more relevant to my interests anyway.

It is sort of funny, the more reviewers LOVE items, more companies products end up on their channels that they "LOVE". Over and over and over.

I think Takerith has a great channel to be honest because he not only gives real reviews he does videos besides though that are essentially infomercials for gear.

I know many will disagree but I had to put this out there to know if I am alone on it.

Look forward to your input.

And yes this is the tone I have in real life. Not an Internet personality crafted to be some "nice guy" everyone loves and agrees with.

Dat ain't real fam.

Peace

NOTE: DID THIS QUICK SO PARDON SPELLING OR GRAMMAR ISSUES

AND DOUG IS NOT PART OF THIS.

DOUG IS KING

TIM @Discchord is Prince

These 2 are not what I am talking about.

I am not as much really talking about apps more hardware to be clearer.

This Dave Mech guy has a good Digitakt channel also. Check him out.

Comments

• I look forward to telling you that your channel sucks...
    ;-)

• I don’t really watch iOS YouTube content for the above reasons also.

Great content either really gets into the underlying music production craft abstractly through the product, reveals genuinely insightful technical knowledge, or simply presents great art — no approach needs to bother itself with falsely objective positivity.

I don’t watch content for the product endorsement, I watch it for the knowledge — I want to learn something, not buy something.

• Wow. Please add Jacob Haq to your list of good guys. Glad you differentiated between apps and hardware. And, yes, we all love you 🤔😍😜🤣

• I have to agree...how many negative points in reviews do you actually see ?

I guess there are many reasons...from the more obvious 'If I say bad things about it I won't get anything else from this company' to less obvious reasons.

Everything 'new' is great isn't it ? At least while it is new ? When a new piece of kit is released there is a race to be the first with the review in order to get the 'views' or 'likes', consequently some of the reviews are shallow or rushed, presenters going through a list of features..yes this feature is here, that feature is there...Of course it is, it's in the features list..... Reviewers do not tend to have a list of things they want to do and then try and do it with that new piece of kit....
    This means that issues or annoyances with kit are seldom revealed as the reviewer never took the time to use it for a lengthy period or to plug it into their full rig and try and use it in a real situation.
    Like you say this is due to the environment the reviewers exist in...followers, views and likes are the things that ultimately gets them paid, so that is their priority.

What I feel is more useful to know is of all those 'new and exciting things' which do reviewers actually buy or keep to use to make music rather than just dabbling with while reviewing. Are they still using them now ? and which of the review units did they return and do not miss? Which did they keep thinking they would use but as yet haven't ?
    These vids would need to be made after initial launch maybe even some months later..and I guess most reviewers are not interested in making this type of vid because the main audience is looking for reviews of new gear....so they will not get the same number of views and therefore their time is not paid for as well as with reviews of new stuff.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @OscarSouth said:
    I don’t really watch iOS YouTube content for the above reasons also.

Great content either really gets into the underlying music production craft abstractly through the product, reveals genuinely insightful technical knowledge, or simply presents great art — no approach needs to bother itself with falsely objective positivity.

I don’t watch content for the product endorsement, I watch it for the knowledge — I want to learn something, not buy something.

FabFilter videos are a great example of content done right — they incorporate all three categories.

@LinearLineman said:
    Wow. Please add Jacob Haq to your list of good guys. Glad you differentiated between apps and hardware. And, yes, we all love you 🤔😍😜🤣

Personally, I love Jacobs music!

• Every thing I love on iOS hasn't really got youtube content that would show it's actually good.

I have thought about making videos but I don't like the idea of becoming a "content creator."

There needs to be a Jexus of iOS apps. That guy really could show what a synth can do...
    His videos for the AN1X and SH-09 are incredible.

Dreamsofwires could do with more support. https://youtube.com/user/DreamsOfWires
    Rheyne is great too https://youtube.com/user/RheyneMusic

Less reviews. In fact fuck reviews, just do something cool musically and let the thing speak for itself.

• There are a couple of companies that make small portable synths or used to make classic synths, that can do no wrong in the eyes of many, but sometimes I fell like maybe it's just their regret and pride talking cuz they don't want to admit they wasted a grand on some some par , minimally flexible average sounding gear...
    It's what the cool guys are using tho

• I think the simple solution to these sorts of situations is to exam why you’re watching the content you do. If it’s not for you, I’d leave it at that and stop watching. Any attempts to analyze, critique or dissuade others from viewing those videos is more of your time wasted doing something which takes away from the quality of your life rather than adding to it.

• edited May 2019

@InfoCheck said:
    I think the simple solution to these sorts of situations is to exam why you’re watching the content you do. If it’s not for you, I’d leave it at that and stop watching. Any attempts to analyze, critique or dissuade others from viewing those videos is more of your time wasted doing something which takes away from the quality of your life rather than adding to it.

Well said!

It’s simple really. If you’re irritated that easily, then just avoid watching.

I like LooPop’s channel. He goes really deep into anything he reviews. His vids are better than a manual.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    I look forward to telling you that your channel sucks...
    ;-)

Just give me a like or thumbs up or whatever the fuk everyone is begging for! LOL

• @InfoCheck said:
    I think the simple solution to these sorts of situations is to exam why you’re watching the content you do. If it’s not for you, I’d leave it at that and stop watching. Any attempts to analyze, critique or dissuade others from viewing those videos is more of your time wasted doing something which takes away from the quality of your life rather than adding to it.

I missed the part where I mentioned others should not watch vids or the quality of my life is being negatively impacted.

I actually advocated for more people to get involved in vids.

I am the type of person who feels transparency and talent are real things.

If a person is getting hit off then they need to be clear to viewers.

I also give credence to opinions from people who have skills in that area. Unfortunately, in lieu of music making it seems how cute someone is or how well they film is the main criteria.

I am not down with that opinion. So, I am stating it in a fairly straight forward and conversational way.

Your response is very ..... well. ....what I kind of mean...regarding internet vids and comments for hardware....... people are only allowed to say "YAY" "WONDERFUL"TALENTED""AMAZING" and when they don't it somehow demonstrates a lack of quality of life or some subversive motive.

Exactly like your post.

All about your assumptions about me?

Aren't you doing what I am actually saying that video purveyors or doing with the same logic?

I respect and fully appreciate your response though. for real.

But your commentary is one of a passive and not real world attitude from my perspective.

That response is the one I hear about politics and other issues when someone doesn't want to talk about a specific thing.

I understand you want to discredit my intentions or motive in lieu of giving a reason why you actually agree or disagree with me.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Wow. Please add Jacob Haq to your list of good guys. Glad you differentiated between apps and hardware. And, yes, we all love you 🤔😍😜🤣

I like Jakob.

He is one of the people I have always enjoyed.

AND BECAUSE HE ACTUALLY IS A MUSICIAN and not just a plug boy.

Linear,

I think you raised a great and significant point and why I delineated between apps and hardware.

APPS =. LESS THAN $50

HARDWARE. = $400-$1400-$5000

Fuck if I blow $15 on a bad app, no biggie.

But I think if a person is praising 100% a piece of gear that costs $2200 then these things should be part of the video.

DO YOU OWN THE PIECE OF GEAR?

DID YOU BUY THE PIECE OF GEAR?

WOULD YOU BUY IT?

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PRICE?

WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?

ANY ANY ANY ANY WEAKPOINTS?

I think these things are what really matters.

IF Mr.Cute Hardware Video Guy is gonna tell me only great things about a product, EVERY TIME.......c'mon.

That is why I respect Game of Throne fans, they can love the show or characters and not all the content.

But everyone is always edging for a free trip or piece of gear.

WHICH IS AWESOME. BUT DISCLOSE IT.

I think that is fair.

And when I start my channel I hope I get tons of free shit.

I will tell everyone it is free and what I really think.

Otherwise, I would think my credibility would wain............

No product is perfect

No price is perfect

and when that is all I hear.....I sends up a red flag after video after video.

I think the people who also do music making vids BESIDES PROMO DEMO or FROM A SHOW VIDEOS have a lot more swagger and credibility.

THESE VIDS I LOVE: (so know I am no hater, just a consumer musician and fan)

Dave Mech
    Hainbech
    ENrique Martinez
    Ben and Gear
    Noir Et Blanc
    Jade Wii
    Discopone
    Red Means Recording
    Late Night Beats
    ROn Cavalaro
    Rick Beato

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I have to agree...how many negative points in reviews do you actually see ?

I guess there are many reasons...from the more obvious 'If I say bad things about it I won't get anything else from this company' to less obvious reasons.

Everything 'new' is great isn't it ? At least while it is new ? When a new piece of kit is released there is a race to be the first with the review in order to get the 'views' or 'likes', consequently some of the reviews are shallow or rushed, presenters going through a list of features..yes this feature is here, that feature is there...Of course it is, it's in the features list..... Reviewers do not tend to have a list of things they want to do and then try and do it with that new piece of kit....
    This means that issues or annoyances with kit are seldom revealed as the reviewer never took the time to use it for a lengthy period or to plug it into their full rig and try and use it in a real situation.
    Like you say this is due to the environment the reviewers exist in...followers, views and likes are the things that ultimately gets them paid, so that is their priority.

What I feel is more useful to know is of all those 'new and exciting things' which do reviewers actually buy or keep to use to make music rather than just dabbling with while reviewing. Are they still using them now ? and which of the review units did they return and do not miss? Which did they keep thinking they would use but as yet haven't ?
    These vids would need to be made after initial launch maybe even some months later..and I guess most reviewers are not interested in making this type of vid because the main audience is looking for reviews of new gear....so they will not get the same number of views and therefore their time is not paid for as well as with reviews of new stuff.

These are some things I also think about!

Smart guy you are.

• @OscarSouth said:

Recommendations?

• It’s life isn’t it.

All reviews have to be 5* all exam results have to be a*+ or whatever the top grade is now, all schools are meant to be outstanding.

You aren’t even allowed to leave non positive reviews on eBay without a 7day cooling off period. And then they mysteriously vanish anyway.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@InfoCheck said:

Well said!

It’s simple really. If you’re irritated that easily, then just avoid watching.

I like LooPop’s channel. He goes really deep into anything he reviews. His vids are better than a manual.

Loopop is AMAZING

That is exactly right what I mean.

That is a great channel.

I respect informed musicians who discuss pros and cons while demonstration of their own skill sets.

All which I love and respect.

As I do with your opinion whether you agree or not with me.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    It’s life isn’t it.

All reviews have to be 5* all exam results have to be a*+ or whatever the top grade is now, all schools are meant to be outstanding.

You aren’t even allowed to leave non positive reviews on eBay without a 7day cooling off period. And then they mysteriously vanish anyway.

I guess I am much too much a primitive to use this internet stuff..... ;)

5 star post Bianca!

Outstanding!

• I like keeping up with Gaz Williams latest hair style.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@OscarSouth said:

Recommendations?

I don’t really follow any channels, I just click on random stuff from a topic search and if it’s going nowhere I close it. I don’t actually do this that often and your list already hit a few that I’ve enjoyed in the past.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    I like keeping up with Gaz Williams latest hair style.

He is hilarious!

AND SUPER TALENTED!

• I guess to prove I really was trying to be constructive in my criticism I did not even mention one channel or person by name so that should show my desire not to be destructive to any person channel or company.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    Simon The Magpie, Hainbach, Knobs, Amulets and Look Mum No Computer are probably the ones I instinctively click on, regardless of subject. They’re usually either pretty entertaining/imaginative or just making good sounds.

If there’s a certain piece of gear I’m 50/50 on buying I’ll check others like Loopop or Divkid for the deep dig. Then if I buy something I’ll generally just check out any that are relevant to whatever details I’m looking for.

iOS stuff I’ll just watch whatever I can find before deciding to grab something. But usually there’s only a handful out there surrounding the release period, if that..

Yeah forgot about some of them.

Good mentions for the ones I missed that you mentioned that are truly legit.

Great points

• @RUST( i )K said:

@EyeOhEss said:
    Simon The Magpie, Hainbach, Knobs, Amulets and Look Mum No Computer are probably the ones I instinctively click on, regardless of subject. They’re usually either pretty entertaining/imaginative or just making good sounds.

Jesus Christ. Is it just me or is Simon the Magpie one of the biggest wankers on YouTube. The fact he actually thinks he’s hilarious I find genuinely disturbing. He’s more interested in fucking up the equipment people give to him to promote than being insightful or helpful.

Think I’ll stick with Mr Doug Woods for iOS related stuff. Used to do good helpful stuff on pc related music as well but not for a while now, maybe more in the future...you never know

• I prefer educational types and musically oriented than personality driven synthfluencers, who I find extremely annoying. The good ones have already been named. I curate my YouTube feed extensively. Anything I don't like, I mark as "not interested" and the algorithm mostly works. How someone presents things makes a huge difference. If I learn something or am inspired, it was worth my time watching.

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.