Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video, Genius Songwriter, a very useful songwriting tool..cool beans

This is a very nice app, in this demo I show you how to use the app and then get your sequence into Cubasis were I do further midi editing. This is not AB compatible but you will see that there would be no real point to that.

Comments

• That second melody note was a G. :)

Nice app.

• Very cool, thx Doug!

• @PaulB said:

That second melody note was a G. :)

Nice app.

Just checking you were paying attention :-)
    Seriously if you watch the vIdeo on YT its the first thing I say in big bold letters in the description, please excuse my glaring error...

• Sorry, didn't read the description, too impressed with the app. :)

• It's cool, you cant see the scrip anyway from here, it is great though, a bit of work to do with the midi aspect but still a great app.

• edited March 2014

• Yes, thanks for another great video. Downloaded the app and will have a play later. I like the simple way you are able to manipulate chords. I am thinking of importing the chord progressions into YouCompose and then generating 4 part harmony from there. Then onto Cubasis.

• Thanks Simon, I'm going to one on You Compose, Studiolab and will probably do Symphonix Evolution eventually, Studiolab is new one and has a free version, which is the version I grabbed about half hour ago, if anyone wants to give it a try and let me know the score (no pun intended) on that, it would be very helpful.

• edited January 2014

@thinds I think YouCompose may only accept single note entry as its function is to do the harmonizing itself. Could be wrong though.

• @SpookyZoo you could well be right there. Didn't think of that, but will have a play around later. I don't think YouCompose has Open In or clipboard either.

• Geez, Doug.
    Bought it before the video was half over.

• IanIan
    edited January 2014

@thinds No it doesn't. What would also be helpful is if you could import some midi instead of having to re-record it in the app. Symphonix does let you do that

• Ha ha, thanks Doug. This vid made me revisit Symphonix and open in Cubasis. Very nice.

• Actually it's very clever how I can create multiple tracks in Symphonix Evolution and when I open in Cubasis it automatically creates all the tracks for me and even assigns instruments.

• @Ian thanks, saved me some time there. I will check out Symphonix

• Thanks for the great video, Doug. Much more informative than the dev's videos.

I bought it but I can't get any sound out of it. I hard reset the iPad and even uninstalled/reinstalled the app but no go. All other apps sound normally. iPad 3, iOS 6.1.3.

Any suggestions here while I try to get up with the dev.

Thanks as usual.

• Symphonix EV has some videos on YT, but one more would be welcome.