Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

whoa! out NOW! Sugar Bytes Factory - Modular Synthesizer for iOS

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I bought factory this week and am experiencing the bug on my iPad Air 2019 :(

Very upsetting because the app is amazing, I will make sure to let the devs know

Someone said the solution is to reselect the preset, this won’t help if you never saved the preset - I am very used to relying on aum to save the states of each audio unit. Might need to train myself to save factory patches before closing aum!

• Same here. Fails to load in AB3, BM3.

• same here, have to reload patch every time. its made me save my preset tweaks more often, which is great, but damn

• The bug is related to the patches that uses transformer or wavetable in the oscillator.

I reported the “patch remains silent after reload” bug to Sugar Bytes when I was on iOS 13.1.3.
    In the reply, I was told it is an Apple bug. Though on iOS 13.3 it is still not fixed!

Who’s to blame now?

• edited January 2020

I also heard back from Sugar Bytes that the issue is at Apple's end

"hopefully" it is related to a larger issue and gets addressed in the next OS update, I can't imagine Apple prioritising the fix if it just affects a single app

• Just noticed that my good friend / collaborator Mads Lindgren of Monolog made some presets for the beast

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Just noticed that my good friend / collaborator Mads Lindgren of Monolog made some presets for the beast

Nice ... are there available to buy/download?

• They’re within the app

@craftycurate said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Just noticed that my good friend / collaborator Mads Lindgren of Monolog made some presets for the beast

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    They’re within the app

@craftycurate said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

👍

• @drewinnit said:
    I also heard back from Sugar Bytes that the issue is at Apple's end

"hopefully" it is related to a larger issue and gets addressed in the next OS update, I can't imagine Apple prioritising the fix if it just affects a single app

This definitely is an annoying bug. Reminds of the IAA synth days of having to save/load my patches manually with each project. Would be nice if they could just workaround it in the short term as who knows if/when Mr Jobs gets around to fixing it.

• If you are waiting for Mr Jobs you will be waiting for long time.

• edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES said:
    Anyone on iPadOS Beta 13.4 know if it's fixed? I read that it fixed a major issue with some audio interfaces (Line 6 Sonic Port).
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37132/line-6-sonicport-vx-ios-13-bug-fixed-in-13-4-beta#latest

I’m using the beta. I just loaded a patch in AB3, and it’s still broken.

• No worries. I’ll keep testing as the beta progresses. Does anyone have a description of the problem? I could make a bug report.

• edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It’s still useable though, isn’t it? Was about to pick this up

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    It’s still useable though, isn’t it? Was about to pick this up

Yes, it is still usable and a great sounding synth.

The bug is that on iOS 13 presets with wavetables don't get reloaded properly with the state. So, you have to reselect them. Since I don't have iOS 13, I am not 100% sure, but I think as a shortcut for recalling them (in AUM at least) is to save the preset to AUMs preset list, so it is only a tap or two away.

• Not too bad, I’m sure it’ll get resolved soon

@espiegel123 said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    It’s still useable though, isn’t it? Was about to pick this up

Yes, it is still usable and a great sounding synth.

The bug is that on iOS 13 presets with wavetables don't get reloaded properly with the state. So, you have to reselect them. Since I don't have iOS 13, I am not 100% sure, but I think as a shortcut for recalling them (in AUM at least) is to save the preset to AUMs preset list, so it is only a tap or two away.

• Really keen on this synth. Can anyone tell me how many instances of AU3 I can expect to run on an iPad Air 2?

• @jameslondon74 said:
    Really keen on this synth. Can anyone tell me how many instances of AU3 I can expect to run on an iPad Air 2?

6 instances with a buffer of 256 hover around 80% here, latest OS.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@jameslondon74 said:
    Really keen on this synth. Can anyone tell me how many instances of AU3 I can expect to run on an iPad Air 2?

6 instances with a buffer of 256 hover around 80% here, latest OS.

That's pretty impressive. Can't see myself needing more than this.

• Question for Factory users...can you assign an LFO to the Morph feature? I love sliding between the two but would love even better to be able to automate it.

• ^^ Not internally but the morph parameter is exposed in AUM so you could point a Rozetta LFO at it......

• edited February 2020

How hard it’s on cpu? Trying to understand will it run on my iPad Air 1 in AUM with few ppg infinite and ruismaker?

• @lazyass said:
    How hard it’s on cpu? Trying to understand will it run on my iPad Air 1 in AUM with few ppg infinite and ruismaker?

3 posts above you.....