Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

whoa! out NOW! Sugar Bytes Factory - Modular Synthesizer for iOS

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Gotta love this forum.
    Never really paid attention when Factory came out and didn’t follow this thread. Last night I caught up, reading the last 8 pages and becoming increasingly convinced I NEED THIS APP.
    Until the final two pages, which are all about how it’s now a broken crashfest!

Not really. I always use Factory with no issue, it’s a great synth, maybe my favorite on iOS, and the guys at SB update regularly their apps and fix issues.

• edited November 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Gotta love this forum.
    Never really paid attention when Factory came out and didn’t follow this thread. Last night I caught up, reading the last 8 pages and becoming increasingly convinced I NEED THIS APP.

Sugar bytes is a fantastic developer to have on ios and I have faith they will fix any issue.
    I would stay tuned because if you enjoy synthesis on ios, this is an app you want to have, minus the bug(s) of course.
    To note, for my usage I have not had any issues.

• It’s amazing how 30 over-the-top positive comments can be undone by a single “it’s buggy.”

Meanwhile, I was playing around with SB’s Unique. It’s pretty great — why doesn’t that get more love, I wonder.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It’s amazing how 30 over-the-top positive comments can be undone by a single “it’s buggy.”

Meanwhile, I was playing around with SB’s Unique. It’s pretty great — why doesn’t that get more love, I wonder.

Unique is great but not unique like Factory is...

• I've used factory regularly for months and haven't experienced a single bug. Really inspiring synth.

• Need to be clear if the crash is IAA or AU or both?

• I've only used Factory in AUM and save presets in AU. I haven't experienced any crashes or errors with PC change of presets with wavetables and transformers. And the sequencer syncs properly!

• @Faland said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Gotta love this forum.

Not really. I always use Factory with no issue, it’s a great synth, maybe my favorite on iOS, and the guys at SB update regularly their apps and fix issues.

Factory is very far from bring "a broken crashfest." Apart from a couple of very minor issues it's been very stable for me through long use and I've found the developers responsive.

• edited November 2019

edit: replied to comment from pages ago

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES said:

re: iPadOS13 Issue where Presets w/ Sample/Wavetable/Waveguide osc algos don't load properly when recalling sessions in any AU host (Solution is to select the preset again - easy).
    Here's a video:

I haven't updated to iPasOS13. That's a big issue. For me at least, having to manually load presets would make the synth unusable in a live rig.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It’s amazing how 30 over-the-top positive comments can be undone by a single “it’s buggy.”

I dont know about “undoing” anything , however
    its pretty simple really...

1) Get latest version of Factory and open Standalone
    2) Actually attempt to populate the Program change list on the right with a selection of favourite presets.
    3) Save this list under a new name
    4) Change a preset using your midi controller
    5) Watch Factory disappear before your very eyes. (?).

iOS 12.3.1 Ipad6

Factory is a great synth, however this kind of behaviour makes it frustrating and unusable in a live sense when one cant customise and control a set of patches without it repeatedly crashing.
    Ive contacted the developers previously about it crashing every time after selecting 17 presets via midi program change and they have confirmed that was a repeatable issue that would be addressed .Months later , this update appears and fixes that issue, only for another issue to appear with the program list as described above.
    So if Im a lone voice in this, I suspect that its because Im the only one attempting to customise a midi playlist.
    When I raise this issue in the forum, I am attempting to find out if anyone else is having this issue or has some solution. Not to slag the program as being “buggy”.

• @Jes said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I dont know about “undoing” anything , however
    its pretty simple really...

1) Get latest version of Factory and open Standalone
    2) Actually attempt to populate the Program change list on the right with a selection of favourite presets.
    3) Save this list under a new name
    4) Change a preset using your midi controller
    5) Watch Factory disappear before your very eyes. (?).

iOS 12.3.1 Ipad6

Factory is a great synth, however this kind of behaviour makes it frustrating and unusable in a live sense when one cant customise and control a set of patches without it repeatedly crashing.
    Ive contacted the developers previously about it crashing every time after selecting 17 presets via midi program change and they have confirmed that was a repeatable issue that would be addressed .Months later , this update appears and fixes that issue, only for another issue to appear with the program list as described above.
    So if Im a lone voice in this, I suspect that its because Im the only one attempting to customise a midi playlist.
    When I raise this issue in the forum, I am attempting to find out if anyone else is having this issue or has some solution. Not to slag the program as being “buggy”.

I can't reproduce that, working fine for me on ipadOS 13.1 pro 12.9 2017

• @ExAsperis99 said:

I bought Factory on release, use it regularly and not had one single crash. One of my favourite synths.

I haven’t updated the iOS though, still on 12x, so maybe that’s a bit more stable.

Fantastic app, very deep.

• Same here 😌👍🏼

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I bought Factory on release, use it regularly and not had one single crash. One of my favourite synths.

I haven’t updated the iOS though, still on 12x, so maybe that’s a bit more stable.

Fantastic app, very deep.

• edited November 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:

Early in the morning factory whistle blows
    Man rises from bed and puts on his clothes
    Man takes his lunch, walks out in the morning light
    It's the working, the working, just the working life

Through the mansions of fear, through the mansions of pain
    I see my daddy walking through them factory gates in the rain
    Factory takes his hearing, factory gives him life
    The working, the working, just the working life

End of the day, factory whistle cries
    Men walk through these gates with death in their eyes
    And you just better believe, boy
    Somebody's gonna get hurt tonight
    It's the working, the working, just the working life
    Oh it's the working, the working, just the working life

• Stop me if you've heard this one before....

I thought, I'm just going to buy it. I don't know why I've resisted, but from basically everyone on this forum I respect loves Factory.

So I loaded it up, and I couldn't find a button to pay for the IAP. So I figured, I know: I'll load it as an AU; that's when I'll be prompted to pay. But the AU loaded, no problem.

I tried saving a preset: that wouldn't be allowed in the free version, right?
    Preset saved, then reloaded, no problem.

Then it hit me:
    I ALREADY BOUGHT THIS. Like, months ago, probably.

So I know what I'm doing tonight, anyway.

• Mate, you know, if the AppStore didn't prevent it I would have already paid twice for the same app at least three or four times; my memory is going away...

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Stop me if you've heard this one before....

I thought, I'm just going to buy it. I don't know why I've resisted, but from basically everyone on this forum I respect loves Factory.

So I loaded it up, and I couldn't find a button to pay for the IAP. So I figured, I know: I'll load it as an AU; that's when I'll be prompted to pay. But the AU loaded, no problem.

I tried saving a preset: that wouldn't be allowed in the free version, right?
    Preset saved, then reloaded, no problem.

Then it hit me:
    I ALREADY BOUGHT THIS. Like, months ago, probably.

So I know what I'm doing tonight, anyway.

Absolutely classic.

• edited November 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2019

@StudioES said:
    re: iPadOS13 Issue where Factory presets w/ sample/wavetable/waveguide osc algos don't load properly when recalling sessions in any AU host. (Solution is to select the preset again - easy).

So it appears that the issue only affects non-Pro iPads? Or is it just iPads w/ A10 CPU?

Sugar Bytes responded stating that they purchased a new base iPad & could finally reproduce the issue.

And I just got my new 2017 iPad Pro & cannot reproduce the issue on it, but still can on my 2018 base iPad 6th Gen.

Sugar Bytes notified Apple, Apple confirmed the issue, so hopefully Apple fixes it.

A big Thank You to the Sugar Bytes team.

My 2017 Pro 10.5 has the problem.

• @StudioES said:
    @AudioGus Even in AUM? I noticed that in BM3, many AU synth presets aren't recalled properly.

Factory is the only one in BM3 that has the issue for me. Will try in AUM.

• edited November 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I haven't had issues with program change in AUM, but great to see Sugar Bytes have addressed the issue with an update. Good to know they're listening.The more I use Factory, the more I like it.

• Not sure if this was meant to be fixed by now but just encountered the sample not loading bug with Transformer oscillator in latest Factory update in AUM in iOS 13.2.2 ...

• @craftycurate said:
    Not sure if this was meant to be fixed by now but just encountered the sample not loading bug with Transformer oscillator in latest Factory update in AUM in iOS 13.2.2 ...

If you haven't done so, make sure to let Sugarbytes that the bug is still active.

• @espiegel123 said:

@craftycurate said:
    Not sure if this was meant to be fixed by now but just encountered the sample not loading bug with Transformer oscillator in latest Factory update in AUM in iOS 13.2.2 ...

If you haven't done so, make sure to let Sugarbytes that the bug is still active.

Report sent ... am curious to see if others are still finding it broken too.