Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 13 any news for the music platform ?

Hi guys..
this might be a double post. i searched on the forum but couldn’t find one.
I’ve been seeing videos and reading blogs about iOS 13 rumours.
I heard that Files app might get some new features is that true?
What about music apps performance, any news on that ?

Comments

• In less than a month we'll know more :)

• edited May 2019

As long as samplr works🤣

• @Samu said:
    In less than a month we'll know more :)

Is ios 13 imminent, then? No idea, myself.

• edited May 2019

@audio_DT said:
    Is ios 13 imminent, then? No idea, myself.

Apple has a consistent annual cycle where they hold a developers conference WWDC in June and at that conference they announce the new iPhones for the year as well as the new iOS update. So we will know these things in less than a month.

https://developer.apple.com/wwdc19/

The new iOS update and the new phone are then scheduled for availability several months later usually in September.

• A fix for their new flagship models aka iPad Pro 11 inch!?
    I would really love to see a fix for that in iOS13. Maybe apple can?!

• @david_2017 said:
    A fix for their new flagship models aka iPad Pro 11 inch!?
    I would really love to see a fix for that in iOS13. Maybe apple can?!

That’s what I’m hopping too.

• @Samu said:
    In less than a month we'll know more :)

Fingers crossed then☺️

• I read somewhere that we will be able to run multiple instances of the same app, it would be nice, if it will be possible to do that with the iaa synths.

• edited May 2019

Dreaming about realtime audio multithreading, so our music apps would be able finally utilise multicore performance.

But of course - don't believe it happens, Apple doesn't take iOS music apps segment seriously ..

@White said:
    I read somewhere that we will be able to run multiple instances of the same app, it would be nice, if it will be possible to do that with the iaa synths.

Actually i wouldn't be surprised if Apple at some point drops IAA api at all. Don't expecting any evolution, they have AUv3 now.

• @dendy said:
    Dreaming about realtime audio multithreading, so our music apps would be able finally utilise multicore performance.

But of course - don't believe it happens, Apple doesn't take iOS music apps segment seriously ..

@White said:
    I read somewhere that we will be able to run multiple instances of the same app, it would be nice, if it will be possible to do that with the iaa synths.

Actually i wouldn't be surprised if Apple at some point drops IAA api at all. Don't expecting any evolution, they have AUv3 now.

Why would you run 2 instances of IAA when you could just use 2 instance of AUv3 ? Let’s hope AUV3 becomes more solid with less crashes and for developers to get the documentation they need to make the apps run good

• @Paa89 said:

@dendy said:

@White said:

Why would you run 2 instances of IAA when you could just use 2 instance of AUv3 ? Let’s hope AUV3 becomes more solid with less crashes and for developers to get the documentation they need to make the apps run good

Because I have some synths like the Korg synths and Synclavier Go and TF8 and others which at the moment are iaa only and there are no sign of them being updated with auv3 support 😊

• @White said:

@Paa89 said:

@dendy said:

@White said:

Because I have some synths like the Korg synths and Synclavier Go and TF8 and others which at the moment are iaa only and there are no sign of them being updated with auv3 support 😊

Oh dam.my bad.but I think apple might eventually let IAA go and focus more on AUv3.

• Makes sense... to tackle multi core support, first real multitasking has to be sorted out properly. Doubt it will happen with iOS 13. But once OSX is back on ARM and iOS gets closer to OSX it has to happen. My guess is 2 years + other 2 to sort out all the issues caused by the switch :smiley: