Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: This is a matter of math...

Comments

• @DCJ said:

@CracklePot said:
    Man, we are still arguing over fairly simple math operations.
    AI is gonna kick our collective asses.
    :D

This would actually be the perfect problem to feed AI, no? :D

You think it would literally “smoke” them?
    Fry their lil’ PCB brains, like that paradox on the that old Star Trek episode?

You know, that just might work!

• Base 16 is far better than Base 10, however Base 12 is better than either of them. Which is why many ancient civilizations (in other words: people who still had real brains ;)) used it, or its close cousin, Base 60.

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@SevenSystems said:
    Base 16 is far better than Base 10, however Base 12 is better than either of them. Which is why many ancient civilizations (in other words: people who still had real brains ;)) used it, or its close cousin, Base 60.

makes a lot of odd numbers :#
    quick: 37 times 16 is ah a lot :| lol

Hang on.
    I’ll Google it.

• edited May 2019

@Max23 said:

@SevenSystems said:
    Base 16 is far better than Base 10, however Base 12 is better than either of them. Which is why many ancient civilizations (in other words: people who still had real brains ;)) used it, or its close cousin, Base 60.

makes no sense

The reasons why Base 12 is the best numbering system aren't immediately obvious, but you should Google it, it's really interesting :) What's even more interesting is that the much-dismissed imperial units are actually closer to Base 12 than Base 10. Now go back into your corner! :D

• @SevenSystems said:

@Max23 said:

@SevenSystems said:

makes no sense

The reasons why Base 12 is the best numbering system aren't immediately obvious, but you should Google it, it's really interesting :) What's even more interesting is that the much-dismissed imperial units are actually closer to Base 12 than Base 10. Now go back into your corner! :D

I have watched some interesting videos discussing Base 12 and Base 60 systems, and why they work better. It seems counterintuitive, but not when someone explains it well.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2019
  • 13 in a bakers dozen :wink:

• @SevenSystems said:

@Max23 said:

12 divides by 3 and 4, making it rather useful. I still prefer base 16 though :wink:

However imperial units are usually organized fairly randomly. Sure you get 12 inches in a foot, but you also get 220 feet in a furlong. 16 ounces in a pound and 5280 feet in a mile. If there's a common base there I really can't be bothered to find it.

• @cian said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Max23 said:

12 divides by 3 and 4, making it rather useful. I still prefer base 16 though :wink:

However imperial units are usually organized fairly randomly. Sure you get 12 inches in a foot, but you also get 220 feet in a furlong. 16 ounces in a pound and 5280 feet in a mile. If there's a common base there I really can't be bothered to find it.

Oh, sorry, I thought it were 12 ounces in a pound as well.

12 also divides by 6 ;)

Base 16 is very good for working with basic physical and biological phaenomena (think cell division).

• Base 12? 16? Better?! God I can see the endless YouTube rabbit hole from here and I’m scared for my simple little brain.

• edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
  • Ok... how many rods in a mile?

• 1 mile is based on1000 Roman Legion paces. They built the roads, they get to say how to measure them :)

Meanwhile a meter is the length of the path travelled by light in vacuum in 1299 792 458 of a second where’s the logic in that ?

• Not necessarily!!!! We can get into rods and perches and chains. Useful for measuring square areas.🤔

• edited May 2019
  • Yeah but it was the Germans who gifted us with the Acre (a days ploughing) in the 1st place.

• Ha...all I know is my allotment is 10 rods area = 55sq yards. Eg 5.5 yards.Multiply by whole number to get most actual Land measurements eg acres to length of cricket pitch. Every day use since 17th century in UK. Source is my surveyor brother.
    I admit I am totally lost now!!!!

• edited May 2019
  • There’s no conclusive logical argument for it either. It’s originally based on incorrect measurements of the earths dimensions and scaled up and down from there.

Since then they redefine how long a meter is every now and then in ever more abstract ways.

• 'the map is not reality' as someone once said

• edited May 2019