Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: This is a matter of math...

Comments

• The way I was taught
    6/2x(1+2) is not same as 6/2(1+2)
    Therefore results are different

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2019

@Michael said:
    Wow. Those who voted one, can you explain it?

Just write it in fraction notation and result is obviously 1 :) Fraction notation always helps quickly understand which is order of operations...

• edited May 2019

Fraction notation helps me understand how 1 can be derived but the problem as stated is not 6/(2(1+2)). It is 6 x 1/2 x (1+2), so I still say 9.

Also, Cole needs to seek grammatical help as his post should read: "...seek educational help quickLY." :wink:

• @oddSTAR said:
    Also, Cole needs to seek grammatical help as his post should read: "...seek educational help quickLY." :wink:

Also, he said "something other that 1", so a bit of ortographical help would do wonders too :D

• edited May 2019
  • If the answer is in any way ambiguous then it was written wrong is my fairly impatient take on these kinds of things.

In this case it can be either answer depending upon operator precedence. There is no single and correct answer.

• @Max23 said:

@oddSTAR said: It is 6 x 1/2 x (1+2)

Nah, you are reading it wrong
    There is no way in the world I would ever interpret it like that
    It’s a to simple math problem
    My dog could solve that

I feel like you and your dog are trolling us, @Max23 lol

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm also willing to physically debate this...if you'll just pay my airfare to Germany and arrange some suitable lodgings for a month or two... :wink:

• It is also possible that the answer might be 7.

6÷2(a+b)

6÷2a+2b

replacing “a” and “b” above with “1” and “2” and applying pemdas results in

6÷2+4=7

• I’ve had math professors of every level give me BOTH answers. I’ve had people say “it’s obviously 1” or “it’s clearly 9” and accuse anyone who disagrees of being less than bacteria.

It’s been a wild 24 hours.

• yikes..math is worse than politics

• edited May 2019

I've heard people argue that 1+1 can be anything from 0 to 'anything' depending on what the numbers actually represent ;)

• I still insist that the only possible source of confusion is the implied multiplication. If it had been written 6÷2×(1+2) then you have to do the division first (“have to” as in “this is the convention used basically everywhere”).

• edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
  • @chocobitz825 said:
    yikes..math is worse than politics

math is most beautiful thing in universe.. Actually universe IS math.

• edited May 2019
  • @Max23 said:

@dendy said:

@chocobitz825 said:
    yikes..math is worse than politics

math is most beautiful thing in universe.. Actually universe IS math.

Except when you have ppl disagreeing about conventions
    😆
    It gets much wilder if you have spoken numbers in different languages

10^12 = 1000000000000
    German = Billion

1000000000 German Milliarde

It’s different in English.
    I always have to look up high numbers in English so I don’t mess up, because German is my native language.

Blame the Yankees. Traditionally in English English the numbers are the same as you said in German.

• I think it’s safe to always blame the Yanks.

• edited May 2019
  • I agree that if it's something the French and Germans can actually agree on, the rest of us should probably take note and follow suit. lol

• @Max23 said:

@DCJ said:
    I think it’s safe to always blame the Yanks.

Why the fuck can’t everyone agree on the metric system, everything else is really puzzling and puzzled.
    Brits have their weird choices too ...

Only French and German can agree on these basic things.
    Italians do the metric system too I think 🤔

Seriously. The base 10 system makes way more sense. Some say the reason Asian’s excel at math is not because of some mythical math gene (silly beyond reason), but because the language for the numbering system (base 10) makes it easier to remember.

But there’s also an interesting take somewhere on Quora where it is argued that the imperial system is superior because of pizza. No joke.

• edited May 2019
  • @DCJ said:
    Seriously. The base 10 system makes way more sense. Some say the reason Asian’s excel at math is not because of some mythical math gene (silly beyond reason), but because the language for the numbering system (base 10) makes it easier to remember.

Base 16 is way better. If everyone would just use hex the world would be a better place.

• Man, we are still arguing over fairly simple math operations.
    AI is gonna kick our collective asses.
    :D

• @CracklePot said:
    Man, we are still arguing over fairly simple math operations.
    AI is gonna kick our collective asses.
    :D

This would actually be the perfect problem to feed AI, no? :D