Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: This is a matter of math...

DCJDCJ
edited May 9 in Off-topic

But no one can agree. What’s your answer?

I’m a math genius
  1. The answer is...34 votes
    1. 1
      44.12%
    2. 9
      55.88%

Comments

• edited May 9

don't want to ruin the test

• edited May 9

don't want to ruin the test

• Apple reckons it’s 9.

• edited May 9

lol and I am such a bozo at math
    everybody who thinks its 9 didnt get a good education :/
    the will to physically debate this is another pointer to that :p
    idiot

• You see a maths problem, I see a vindication of my decision to stay off Facebook.

• Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.
    She says one.

• I wanna know how does Mozaic interpret it @brambos 😂

• edited May 9

@qryss said:
    Apple reckons it’s 9.

the calculator had more than once logic problems ^^

I wonder what Siri says >:)
    she isnt linked with Wolfram alpha, is she?
    I totally gave up on stupid talking boxes
    if she can't solve it she should at least say I can't do that Dave :|
    someone please test this for me

• WolframAlpha says 9 ☕️

• Wow. Those who voted one, can you explain it?

• Holy crap, PEMDAS has multiplication before division. BODMAS has it the other way around. Consider my world rocked

• edited May 9

@Michael said:
    Holy crap, PEMDAS has multiplication before division. BODMAS has it the other way around. Consider my world rocked

Nah, the problem with these mnemonics is that both operations actually have the same precedence and when there’s a sequence you apply them left to right. The only possible confusion in this case would be due to

However, in some of the academic literature, multiplication denoted by juxtaposition (also known as implied multiplication) is interpreted as having higher precedence than division, so that 1 ÷ 2x equals 1 ÷ (2x), not (1 ÷ 2)x.

• Aahhh thank you! That was gonna ruin my day.

• 2(1+2)
    (2+4)
    (6)
    6/6

• @Michael said:
    Holy crap, PEMDAS has multiplication before division. BODMAS has it the other way around. Consider my world rocked

If I may rock it further.... https://www.wyzant.com/resources/blogs/236411/the_order_of_operations_pemdas_bodmas_that_you_learned_in_elementary_school_is_wrong

• I reckon 9.
    But I used to reckon 1.

I was taught to do the x before the /, but when I had to help my kid out with homework on a similar problem, the answer we got was wrong.
    I looked it up, and learned that now x and / are considered = level calculations, and those are calculated in order from left to right.

• edited May 9

@Michael said:

I was teached point before line (punkt vor Strichrechnung )
    and stuff in (...) first
    and multiplication before division (its a subset of point before line when you write x as dot)
    (germany)
    that was 25 years ago ...
    and now its supposed to be X and / just in the order they appear?
    nah, that must be wrong - its not complicated enough :D

@denx said:
    WolframAlpha says 9 ☕️

wtf :D :#
    wolfram alpha is usually right
    but this is wrong

• Oh boy!
    Mandela effect!
    :D

• It's not well defined without context.

• edited May 9

6/2(1+2) is
    6/(2x(1+2)) is
    6/(2x3) is
    6/6 is

looks logic to me :)
    math is a little like syntax :) (I understand little about math, but that is the way it makes sense to me)
    ish in the order ish appears doesnt make sense ;)

• Frick, I got 45

• edited May 9

@jipumarino said: ... (also known as implied multiplication) is interpreted as having higher precedence than division, so that 1 ÷ 2x equals 1 ÷ (2x), not (1 ÷ 2)x.

this !

• @CracklePot said:
    I reckon 9.
    But I used to reckon 1.

I was taught to do the x before the /, but when I had to help my kid out with homework on a similar problem, the answer we got was wrong.
    I looked it up, and learned that now x and / are considered = level calculations, and those are calculated in order from left to right.

what school was that???

• edited May 9

@Max23 said:

@Michael said:

I was teached point before line (punkt vor Strichrechnung )
    and stuff in (...) first
    and multiplication before division (its a subset of point before line when you write x as dot)
    (germany)
    that was 25 years ago ...
    and now its supposed to be X and / just in the order they appear?
    nah, that must be wrong - its not complicated enough :D

@denx said:
    WolframAlpha says 9 ☕️

wtf :D :#
    wolfram alpha is usually right
    but this is wrong

I wonder why the fuck Wolfram alpha doesnt follow physics?
    as you can ask all kinds of complicated shit like moon orbits and such things ...

"For example, the manuscript submission instructions for the Physical Review journals state that multiplication is of higher precedence than division with a slash,[7] and this is also the convention observed in prominent physics textbooks such as the Course of Theoretical Physics by Landau and Lifshitz and the Feynman Lectures on Physics.[a]"

I stay by it
    its one
    the other stuff is simple junk

• Alpha is going to be using the rules of the Wolfram programming language. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Divide.html

I think it's consistent with other programming languages. But, I wouldn't trust any system to get something like this right and I'd always group by parentheses to explicitly state what I wanted.

• Stuff like this is why all my code is a bracket fest, especially in conditions and logic. I simply don't want to spend hours of debugging because of a stupid precedence problem 😁

• You're not alone applying that strategy o:)

• edited May 9

@Michael said:
    Wow. Those who voted one, can you explain it?

@Michael said:
    Wow. Those who voted one, can you explain it?

😮 wow
    What do you mean?
    Your first choice is 9? 🤓
    Interesting. Wouldn’t have thought a programmer would ever think like this

I was living in the illusion that
    6/2(1+2) is
    6/(2x(1+2))
    Is common sense that everyone educated can agree on ...

Gee I should learn how to write code
    If it’s just logic, fine
    It was the math that scared me