Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Why political discussions do not work on this forum

124»

Comments

• I would actually love to argue about Cardi B.

In the future, Cardi B will be looked upon as a legend.

Argue otherwise at your own risk. >:)

• @klownshed said:

@CracklePot said:

@klownshed said:
    So, no politics then.

What about religion?

:naughty:

How about Cardi B? Can we argue about her?

What even is a Cardi B? ;-)

I don’t think it’s AUv3

• @DCJ said:
    I would actually love to argue about Cardi B.

In the future, Cardi B will be looked upon as a legend.

Argue otherwise at your own risk. >:)

Just googled 'Cardi B'. Interesting.

• Yes. Discuss Cardi B please.

• @ElectroHead said:

@audio_DT said:
    No matter how ‘consensual’ you might think your ideas are, someone is going to disagree, and them the problems start..... It’s a dead end.

A concise summary of the problem DT! As someone who worked as a translator / editor for news publications for a number of years and who spends an unhealthy amount of time following political and economic developments around the world, the last thing I want to read in a music forum is broad and sensationalist political statements followed by directionless discussions full of naive emotion and acrimony.

Creating music for me is in part a form of escapism from the gloomy state of affairs in the world. When playing an instrument, patching sounds, doing detailed editing in a DAW, I get immersed in the process and hardly think of anything else!

But this post has got me thinking about politics in music, and vice-versa. Famous musicians and pop stars have huge potential to instill / mold political ideas among their listeners through their pronouncements (hardly ever through their music and lyrics - The Clash were a prominent exception). Without doubt, today the products of the corporate pop machine are required to propagate the so-called "values" of the globalist project. But their prime purpose is not to create original music, but to serve as "lifestyle icons". But to state the obvious, even with the Clash. the politics was in the lyrics and in their statements, not in the actual music.

Music has huge potential to bring people together in an "emotional / energetic bond" for want of a better way of putting it, but this bond typically lacks a definable logic or lasting structure and is ephemeral, essentially lasting only as long as the music plays, or is in your head (admittedly, the latter can last a long time). Science cannot explain the subjective emotional responses caused by music. They can analyse forms of delivery (certain combinations of frequencies (scales) and rhythms causing similar emotional responses), and the physical responses (releases of adrenaline, dopamine etc), but not explain the essence of this generation of emotions. It remains mysterious and beyond the physical. As far as I understand, for the most part of human history music and by extension dance have indeed served as a form of escapism, a means of transcending the mundane and everyday chores of survival. I may be wrong, but I have never heard of a philosopher citing music as a key factor behind their thesis of their worldviews.

Back to the main topic: I really enjoy reading posts on this forum where posters simply express their joy in finding, say, a combination of apps with which they have come up with something they're really pleased with, even if they don't post the sonic results. It feels like they're trying to share a moment of discovery, exhilaration, yes even transcendence! And at the same time it may provide great tips for others.

For me to have to see posts titled "we're all fucked" spoils the atmosphere, rather like someone farting in a car. But, I'm a proponent of free speech and appreciate what appears to be a "hands-off" moderation policy on this forum, so instead of removing such posts, I think it's preferable to attempt to persuade the attempting-to-put-the-world-to rights poster to take his concerns elsewhere, as someone constructively did with a link to a philosophy forum. Don't censor, engage as long as is possible / reasonable.

@ElectroHead said:

@audio_DT said:
    No matter how ‘consensual’ you might think your ideas are, someone is going to disagree, and them the problems start..... It’s a dead end.

A concise summary of the problem DT! As someone who worked as a translator / editor for news publications for a number of years and who spends an unhealthy amount of time following political and economic developments around the world, the last thing I want to read in a music forum is broad and sensationalist political statements followed by directionless discussions full of naive emotion and acrimony.

Creating music for me is in part a form of escapism from the gloomy state of affairs in the world. When playing an instrument, patching sounds, doing detailed editing in a DAW, I get immersed in the process and hardly think of anything else!

But this post has got me thinking about politics in music, and vice-versa. Famous musicians and pop stars have huge potential to instill / mold political ideas among their listeners through their pronouncements (hardly ever through their music and lyrics - The Clash were a prominent exception). Without doubt, today the products of the corporate pop machine are required to propagate the so-called "values" of the globalist project. But their prime purpose is not to create original music, but to serve as "lifestyle icons". But to state the obvious, even with the Clash. the politics was in the lyrics and in their statements, not in the actual music.

Music has huge potential to bring people together in an "emotional / energetic bond" for want of a better way of putting it, but this bond typically lacks a definable logic or lasting structure and is ephemeral, essentially lasting only as long as the music plays, or is in your head (admittedly, the latter can last a long time). Science cannot explain the subjective emotional responses caused by music. They can analyse forms of delivery (certain combinations of frequencies (scales) and rhythms causing similar emotional responses), and the physical responses (releases of adrenaline, dopamine etc), but not explain the essence of this generation of emotions. It remains mysterious and beyond the physical. As far as I understand, for the most part of human history music and by extension dance have indeed served as a form of escapism, a means of transcending the mundane and everyday chores of survival. I may be wrong, but I have never heard of a philosopher citing music as a key factor behind their thesis of their worldviews.

Back to the main topic: I really enjoy reading posts on this forum where posters simply express their joy in finding, say, a combination of apps with which they have come up with something they're really pleased with, even if they don't post the sonic results. It feels like they're trying to share a moment of discovery, exhilaration, yes even transcendence! And at the same time it may provide great tips for others.

For me to have to see posts titled "we're all fucked" spoils the atmosphere, rather like someone farting in a car. But, I'm a proponent of free speech and appreciate what appears to be a "hands-off" moderation policy on this forum, so instead of removing such posts, I think it's preferable to attempt to persuade the attempting-to-put-the-world-to rights poster to take his concerns elsewhere, as someone constructively did with a link to a philosophy forum. Don't censor, engage as long as is possible / reasonable.

@ElectroHead said:

@audio_DT said:

Great post. Thanks. I agree with all you say here. On the politics stuff, I’m the same as you - I don’t want to spend all day thinking about world politics, and then have my evening escapism watered down by political discussion on here. But I’m also a proponent of free speech, and can steer clear if I want to. That said, it’s obvious that there’s a limit to this strategy, since it’s theoretically possible that a forum like this could, over time, become a little hijacked by political discussion. At that point, the game would be up, and this place would no longer be a musical haven. But I’m sure the moderators have got this sussed, since the atmosphere in here seems to be very pleasant (I’m new here).

As for music and science - yes, that’s a fascinating subject, isn’t it? Music is such a wonderful heart string-puller, and it even crosses species, which is just marvellous. Even if science could some day explain it, I’ll be glad I won’t be hear to hear it. I come here to hear people’s music, find out how people are using apps (people are very innovative on here), and just share in the joy of making music (even if, in my case, that’s badly). It’s a wonderful ‘community’, and I really like it and want it to stay focused on its raison d’être. But, hey, no one put me in charge of anything!

• Welcome @audio_DT! Never fear, politics always in the rear. Just an occasional testing of the maturity waters now and then. We always fail cause we're just kids at heart.

• @audio_DT said:
    It’s a wonderful ‘community’, and I really like it and want it to stay focused on its raison d’être. But, hey, no one put me in charge of anything!

I hereby put you in charge of reminding us to maintain focus on our raisins to be: The sweet (not sour) grapes.

• Haha what the fu@( ever hahahaha

• edited May 2019

I believe politics is being used as a weapon by the ruling elite, in order to divide us against one another, instead of focusing the bigger picture of what is actually being done, little by little, by very dark forces in this world. I won’t argue straight up politics, people have been given the right to believe as they will, and it’s not my place to try and tell them what to believe. When I consume media on the internet, I watch the testimony of whistle blowers much of the time, and what is being done to us is pure evil.

• @Ripper7620 .. always has been thus.... why do we think we are the first? But we may be the last.
    Sad! (not really, tho I will miss Starbucks)

But let us speak on a higher plane... Ripper! What's going on with your music? It has been some weeks now you are back into iOS. What's happening? Any chance of hearing something?

• Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar, known professionally as Cardi B, is an American rapper, songwriter, stripper, and television personality. Born and raised in The Bronx, New York City,

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar, known professionally as Cardi B, is an American rapper, songwriter, stripper, and television personality. Born and raised in The Bronx, New York City,

Thanks for the bio, but much prefer B’Cardi and Coke.

• @McD said:

@audio_DT said:
    It’s a wonderful ‘community’, and I really like it and want it to stay focused on its raison d’être. But, hey, no one put me in charge of anything!

I hereby put you in charge of reminding us to maintain focus on our raisins to be: The sweet (not sour) grapes.

Haha. I refuse - no one sane would put me in charge of anything :-)

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar, known professionally as Cardi B, is an American rapper, songwriter, stripper, and television personality. Born and raised in The Bronx, New York City,

The first female rapper to top the charts without a male co-sign. A truly self-made success story.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @LinearLineman said:
    @Ripper7620 .. always has been thus.... why do we think we are the first? But we may be the last.
    Sad! (not really, tho I will miss Starbucks)

But let us speak on a higher plane... Ripper! What's going on with your music? It has been some weeks now you are back into iOS. What's happening? Any chance of hearing something?

Thank you very much for the reply, at this point I’m still learning, when I stick with simple ideas, I’m able to produce some work, but I’m focused on learning some new skills. Being away from iOS for so long, has made it a great opportunity for me to challenge myself, and begin to grow as a musician. Currently, everything I’ve been working on has been completely experimental, and the results are not coming as of yet. I have a great deal to learn about effectively working in iOS, and it’s been a blast. I will put something up when I’ve progressed enough, and I have something that I feel is worthwhile to listen to.

• Grapes is]> @Max23 said:

@McD said:

@audio_DT said:

yuck raisins , grapes are great :)

Grapes it is, then!

• @DCJ said:

@BiancaNeve said:

The first female rapper to top the charts without a male co-sign. A truly self-made success story.

I might dare to argue about her, but I would never want to argue with her.
    Here is the first track I had heard of hers. It actually was on the car radio, and blew everything else away momentarily. NSFW, but you shouldn’t be working today anyway.
    If it doesn’t play in your region, the track is called Bodak Yellow, if you want to try and look it up.