Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OCTACHRON MIDI Drum Sequencer AUv3 by Markus Teufel

Comments

• Instant buy once it goes Universal

• @ElectroHead
    Totally agree Tanzmaus is amazing! :) Had really a lot of fun controlling all its CCs from Octachron. Im sure it works nicely with other drum boxes as well! I also really enjoy its combination of analog and sampled sounds, really versatile machine!

@MonkeyDrummer
    Yes, get what you mean. Nice idea to make it sound more human! Its on my list, but not yet sure how to integrate it both technically and interface wise :)

@Jumpercollins
    Hmm, tried to reproduce, two instances of Octachron both running in song mode, one triggering Ruismaker the other one Zeeon. Working fine for me, tried with empty patterns. Can you always reproduce? Maybe you can make a video? :D That would actually be amazing.

@tiantong, @Carnbot
    The swing feature might be a little misleading. :D Swing works in a way that with the preselected swing grid every other note gets delayed. For a swing value of 50% the rhythm is straing, for higher values every other 16th note is affected by the delay. The bigger the value the more delay you get. The swing grid defines which notes are affected by this delay. with a swing grid of 1 its the obove described behavior, every other. With a swing grid of 2 the 16th notes are grouped by 2 so first group of 2 steps are not affected, second group of 2 is affected and so on. With swing grid of 4 its groups of 4 steps. Its all easily recognizable if you play a pattern where all 16 steps of a track are active, eg a hi hat.

• @reinerspass

How about just dividing the long rectangles to have a little switch/button on the top? Like this:

• @reinerspass Also, re unequal track lengths and pattern changes...

I'd love it if you could do it how the Roland TR8S handles it. Basically, if you have tracks with unequal lengths, when a pattern is switching, it will actually switch a track at a time.

Pattern A=
    BD:
    xoooxoooxoxo

SN:
    xoooxoxo

If a pattern change is manually triggered (i.e. pressing B) or it's cued to change because both A & B are selected

It will play ALL of BD pattern in A, it will play the 8 beats of SN from A, but switch to B for snare...

So SN will actually begin playing the pattern in B BEFORE BD even gets to pattern B, but pattern B does't "count" until all tracks have "caught up".

It's actually a pretty freakin' awesome way to get rational patterns out of things with multiple variable track lengths (i.e it doesn't end up sounding like complete shit after a couple of loops... :) )

• @MonkeyDrummer wow your TR8S idea sounds pretty interesting, but tbh I need a little time and let it sink, feels like it would complicate UX and also code quite a bit. But I will think about it for a while, promise! :)
    Thanks also for taking the time and effort to create this amazing mockup! I really like having buttons up there, also really like the idea of having modulation and steps not in "sync". But that would also mean some technical rework. So also something I'd have to think about for a while. Sorry. But will definitely consider it for future features.
    But I've posted a video with Tanzmaus:
    Cheers
    Markus

• @reinerspass Ok so I reopened the AUM duel Octachron preset mentioned this morning and both AU are now moving in song mode which is weird as the only thing I done different is update to 12.3 on the iOS.

Our let you know if the problem crops up again under a new setup.r

• @reinerspass any idea why I can't access the CC Modulations of MV08 in the same way as Ruismaker apps? Are they not exposed in MV08 in the same way?

• edited May 2019

@badbeat said:

They aren't exposed automatically, that's just a Rusimaker preset, you can add your own CCs and add presets :)
    I don't have MV08 but maybe it's because it doesn't have pre-baked CCs and you have to set them up as AU parameters instead in the host?

• @badbeat said:
    @reinerspass any idea why I can't access the CC Modulations of MV08 in the same way as Ruismaker apps? Are they not exposed in MV08 in the same way?

@Carnbot is absolutely right, afaik MV08 only exposes the parameters as AU Parameters not as CC which means you need a mapping in eg AUM. There you can use the super nice "MIDI CONTROL" feature, there under Channels > Parameters you see all the parameters and you can map them to a CC address. To control that from Octachron you need to change the CCs in the Octopus menu under "Mapping". Hope that helped! :)

• edited May 2019

Great drum sequencer! Nice to finally see an AU drum sequencer with something similar to Jomox or Elektron parameter locks. It really livens up the Ruismakers by automating Pitch, Pan, Probability, etc.

This was fixed: Not sure if this has been mentioned yet: When recalling a saved session in AUM, Audiobus, or apeMatrix, steps with less than 100% Probability are greyed out and those steps don't play.

Here, steps 2 and 11 for the Kick were set to less than 100% Probability, but now they don't play unless I re-do the Probability. This is the case with all tracks where Probability was previously set to below 100%.

Looking forward to the bug fixes and additional features.

• edited May 2019

@reinerspass said:

@badbeat said:
    @reinerspass any idea why I can't access the CC Modulations of MV08 in the same way as Ruismaker apps? Are they not exposed in MV08 in the same way?

@Carnbot is absolutely right, afaik MV08 only exposes the parameters as AU Parameters not as CC which means you need a mapping in eg AUM. There you can use the super nice "MIDI CONTROL" feature, there under Channels > Parameters you see all the parameters and you can map them to a CC address. To control that from Octachron you need to change the CCs in the Octopus menu under "Mapping". Hope that helped! :)

Thanks @reinerspass , i'll give that a go.

• this looks pretty cool. Will this app ever be available on iphone? and is 16 steps the apps limit or can it do 32 or more? i’m really thinking of getting this app

• edited May 2019

@eross said:

this looks pretty cool. Will this app ever be available on iphone? and is 16 steps the apps limit or can it do 32 or more? i’m really thinking of getting this app

it can do 32 steps :)

• @ocelot said:
    Great drum sequencer! Nice to finally see an AU drum sequencer with something similar to Jomox or Elektron parameter locks. It really livens up the Ruismakers by automating Pitch, Pan, Probability, etc.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet: When recalling a saved session in AUM, Audiobus, or apeMatrix, steps with less than 100% Probability are greyed out and those steps don't play.

Here, steps 2 and 11 for the Kick were set to less than 100% Probability, but now they don't play unless I re-do the Probability. This is the case with all tracks where Probability was previously set to below 100%.

Looking forward to the bug fixes and additional features.

Having the same problem here.

• Octachron-update! with fixes and some midi control :)

• I wish this supported up to 32 channels. But then it wouldn’t have its kick ass name. 😁

• @Zjenji said:
    I wish this supported up to 32 channels. But then it wouldn’t have its kick ass name. 😁

The Octaoctaoctaoctachron...

• Big update to a great AU drum sequencer with p-locks, ratcheting, and probability!
    Now more than ever do I wish we could load samples into Ruismaker!
    Ah cool it's Numerical Audio http://numericalaudio.com/octachron/

• edited May 2019

Darn, it appears he added midi control, but it’s not exposed as AU Parm but fixed midi? Whhhhyyyyyyyyy??????????

• For me Octachron still refuse to work with Beatmaker.
    :'(

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Darn, it appears he added midi control, but it’s not exposed as AU Parm but fixed midi? Whhhhyyyyyyyyy??????????

Yeah I was a bit disappointed by that. Old school, but it does have some advantages as well.

• What are the best/ your favorite compatible drum apps to use with this besides Ruismaker?

I’m really loving this sequencer but need some more drum options

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    What are the best/ your favorite compatible drum apps to use with this besides Ruismaker?

I’m really loving this sequencer but need some more drum options

808 clone MV08! I have all the CC modulations mapped for AUM if anyone wants it?

• @Zjenji said:
    I wish this supported up to 32 channels. But then it wouldn’t have its kick ass name. 😁

I'd settle for 16!

• @reinerspass thanks for the quick update to Octa, it's stabilised all my issues, so I'm very grateful! I know there will be more features added over time also, as this has so much potential and hopefully also opens up the whole iOS AU drum synth market!

I've got a couple of small requests for the next release, please. More CC controls. Ability to trigger the sequences via midi plus CC control of start/stop, independent of the host transport like on the Atom piano roll AU.

• Is anybody using Octachron with iElectribe?

• @badbeat said:
    @reinerspass thanks for the quick update to Octa, it's stabilised all my issues, so I'm very grateful! I know there will be more features added over time also, as this has so much potential and hopefully also opens up the whole iOS AU drum synth market!

I've got a couple of small requests for the next release, please. More CC controls. Ability to trigger the sequences via midi plus CC control of start/stop, independent of the host transport like on the Atom piano roll AU.

That start/stop button on atom is the best thing ever.
    He said it's just one line of code to bring it up in AUM

• @reasOne said:

@badbeat said:
    @reinerspass thanks for the quick update to Octa, it's stabilised all my issues, so I'm very grateful! I know there will be more features added over time also, as this has so much potential and hopefully also opens up the whole iOS AU drum synth market!

That start/stop button on atom is the best thing ever.
    He said it's just one line of code to bring it up in AUM

This would be awesome. Sequencing sequences! And of course I would like to have this in octachron...

• edited May 2019

@reinerspass can you implement in a future update 2 essential functions for me from @brambos Rozeta XoX:
    1: exactly emulates the analog timing jitter of the original 808
    2: mutation settings per instrument

I have both and I use all the time rozeta XoX for this 2 amazing features.
    I like apply an LFO to the mutation setting in AUM or with my Octatrack instant controlled random groove I use a lot MV08 so for me analog timing jitter of original 808 is crucial for me.

🙌 And please can we have more tracks, OR for me the best alternative is to implement a selector button on all track to switch to an another note.
    Like on the TR-808 switching from low conga to low Tom, Claves to rimshot ... THIS selector switch mapped to my midi controller... huuum 🤤

• Are there exceptional Octachron features for those of us who use Atom?