Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OCTACHRON MIDI Drum Sequencer AUv3 by Markus Teufel

Comments

• @Poppadocrock said:

Definitely, always been a fan. Just a thought… I think one cool addition would be the ability to double the amount of midi notes it can send from 8-16. Maybe as an option, so you could have 8 for apps like ruismakerfm, ruismaker, etc, but also have 16 if you like, to sequence Apps with more pads, FAC Drumkit, Digistix 1 & 2, EG Pulse, sEGments, etc.. I know you can just use two instances, but it slows workflow a little, so being able to see all 16 lanes in one instance would be massively beneficial. Maybe some new presets too, since more apps have been released. Any thoughts? or any updates in the future we should keep an eye out for? Not to put you on the spot, you could always dm me. I was just curious if it was still being developed or if anything exciting is coming? Cheers!

Hey @Poppadocrock ,

Thank you very much for your interesting ideas. We will definitely put them on our (actually quite long) list to check and prioritize. We also work on more presets or a possibility for users to share them. And we will announce a new bigger feature soon.
    Actually you can get a little glimpse on it on our first Instagram post 😉

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT2mOdwMYD8/?utm_medium=copy_link

Hope you will like it.
    Best greetings from Munich 🙂
    Tas

• Hey everybody!

we also have a new youtube channel going on now, where we post some jams and stuff, so check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIos3VyvFeK8eXQvLxLs8tA

Best greetings from Munich :)
    Tas

• @TasTax said:
    Hey everybody!

we also have a new youtube channel going on now, where we post some jams and stuff, so check it out:

Tas

Subbed

• I recently noticed that the "general preset cc modulation" switch of Octachron is automatically turned on when the vertical bar graph-like section of Octachron is edited. This is more convenient than manually.

• @TasTax said:
    Hey everybody!

Tas

Subbed as well.

• Any plans for an iPhone version of Octachron? I’d pay again. 🙂

• @ecamburn said:
    Any plans for an iPhone version of Octachron? I’d pay again. 🙂

Just wanted to write the same thing :smiley:

• Does anyone know what the main differences are between Octachron and Polybeat?

• @BirbHope said:
    Does anyone know what the main differences are between Octachron and Polybeat?

There’s enough to require one to compare the App Store feature lists. Polybeat is Universal (iPad + iPhone) but on iPad I use both and there’s a “simple magic” to Octachron which makes it a must-have to me.

• edited April 2022

@Proppa said:

@BirbHope said:
    Does anyone know what the main differences are between Octachron and Polybeat?

There’s enough to require one to compare the App Store feature lists. Polybeat is Universal (iPad + iPhone) but on iPad I use both and there’s a “simple magic” to Octachron which makes it a must-have to me.

There are probably distinctions in the feature lists I don’t understand yet like “clock dividers” and such so I might not really pick up on some of the differences without going through the trouble of a checklist. But I very recently picked up both looking for a handy polyrhythmic drum sequencer and initially found them very similar. However, I spent a bit more time last night and for my purposes two differences that standout are:
    1) in Polybeat you can add more drums to the maps, which is nice, whereas in Octachron you seem to be limited to 8
    2) Octachron allows you to easily double the allowable steps in a pattern to 32 whereas Polybeat makes it really awkward. In Poly you have to manually drag the end point of each track/drum to 32 but it doesnt fit in the auv3 window so you have to move it around alot - to the point where its basically pointless if a 32 step sequence is important to you.

So just these alone can be a reason to get both. I’m sure there are others.

• @BirbHope solid research.

And Polybeat will be even more useful with the next update / ability to see more tracks at a time.

I’m still hoping Octachron comes to iPhone too.

• I also would like to see this on iPhone
    I have raised this, but they said other things got voted for instead
    Which is a shame
    iPhone version would get a lot of use

• Tagging @TasTax hoping they see all the iPhone users. There’s at least 4 of us on this thread. 🙂

• Polybeat is quite frustrating to use on iPhone if you want to expand the lengths of sequences. Not a whole lot better on iPad. If that one issue was fixed it would do enough for my needs. But meanwhile, I keep an eye on Octachron developments.

• Throwing another one into the equation.. has anyone tried mididrums included with mididreams? Polybeat has some frustrations, one being the lack of the ability to resize the lower lane in auv3. This will get updated soon apparently, but mididreams looks good and has me interested so if mididrums holds up well as a drum sequencer then that bundle would be something to consider getting.

• I literally opened this thread to see if iPhone support had been announced/added in.

I’m quite invested in polybeat but it’s fairly useless to me with the big panel at the bottom.

• I know this is slightly ot but I’m really hoping polybeat adds the option to open close the bottom menu. Even on an iPad I can only see like 5-6 steps in landscape.

• @gregsmith said:
    I literally opened this thread to see if iPhone support had been announced/added in.

I’m quite invested in polybeat but it’s fairly useless to me with the big panel at the bottom.

Dear @cp3 I wanted to reach out and ask about the ability to minimize/adjust the size of the bottom panel. Not being able to minimize the bottom panel really takes away from one of its main strengths, having 16 lanes. In landscape on an iPad in basically full screen I can only see maybe 6 lanes without scrolling.

I gotta agree with @gregsmith that small adjustment would drastically change how much I use it. Cheers!

• Re: Polybeat this is coming next update:

• Octachron's GENERATE SCALE function is difficult for me to use because it generates a standard piano roll upside down. It would be useful to have a setting where the root note is placed at the bottom of the screen.

• edited May 2022

Hey everybody> @ecamburn said:

Hey everybody,

Thank you much for your feedback again. And well yes, we also have that iPhone version in mind of course.
    But of course we also have to prioritize our resources and in our little survey with over 450 participants it only ranked on number 6 of the most wished for improvements as you can see here:

So our next update will bring a very nice new experimental feature we are looking very forward to 🙂

And I think Polybeat and Octachron both have their advantages. I personally of cause like the in my opinion more easy handling of the whole pattern in Octachron compared to the more row oriented approach of Polybeat.

But of course we are always very interested in your opinions on both topics, iPhone version and Comparison to Polybeat and also others and will keep listening carefully 🙂
    So please keep sharing your thoughts with us thx for the support, have fun and take care!
    And also follow us on Instagram and Youtube if you like to:

https://www.instagram.com/octachron/

Best greetings from Munich
    Tas

• I jam on my iPhone sometimes and have been trying to get comfortable using Polybeat with FAC Drumkit. Polybeat's latest update makes it better than it was on the phone, but it's still not the greatest experience. Seeing all <=16 steps at once is essential, IMO.

Displaying as many rows as possible at a time helps to see the whole pattern (maybe), but a page-per-voice design (like Elastic Drums) allows for a more functional UI - larger, easier access to plock parameters, etc. My bet is that most folks programming beats with an X0X can handle adding triggers without seeing other tracks.

• @suboptimal +1 on not being able to see all 16 steps on polybeat being a pita

Thanks for listening @TasTax

• @TasTax said:
    Hey everybody> @ecamburn said:

Hey everybody,

Thank you much for your feedback again. And well yes, we also have that iPhone version in mind of course.
    But of course we also have to prioritize our resources and in our little survey with over 450 participants it only ranked on number 6 of the most wished for improvements as you can see here:

So our next update will bring a very nice new experimental feature we are looking very forward to 🙂

And I think Polybeat and Octachron both have their advantages. I personally of cause like the in my opinion more easy handling of the whole pattern in Octachron compared to the more row oriented approach of Polybeat.

But of course we are always very interested in your opinions on both topics, iPhone version and Comparison to Polybeat and also others and will keep listening carefully 🙂
    So please keep sharing your thoughts with us thx for the support, have fun and take care!
    And also follow us on Instagram and Youtube if you like to:

https://www.instagram.com/octachron/

Best greetings from Munich
    Tas

Thank you for sharing the survey results. Very interesting and backs up what some other developers have said about iPhone stats vs iPad.

• Hey everybody!

We are very happy to finally release the beta of another Octachron update, including:

• New Smart Randomizer (via long press on pattern alias)
    • Smart Randomizer configuration per row (via long press on row)
    • Mutation per row (via long press on row)
    • Generated Scales now appear with highest note on top
    • New Presets: Analog Rhythm 909, Digistix, Pure Acid Drums, Sugar Bytes Drum Computer and SDS-X
    • New Logo, Grid and Font Design

Just click on the link to get the new free beta version:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/aH3r4QMz

We would love to hear what you think of this update! Do you find it useful or did you hope for other features?

We are very curious! Cheers :)
    Tas and Markus

• @TasTax said:

Hey everybody!

We are very happy to finally release the beta of another Octachron update, including:

• New Presets: Analog Rhythm 909, Digistix, Pure Acid Drums, Sugar Bytes Drum Computer and SDS-X

We would love to hear what you think of this update! Do you find it useful or did you hope for other features?

Tas and Markus

Nice work! 👍

Looks like a cracking update

• @TasTax Can you define the Mutation function, please?

• @TasTax said:

Hey everybody!

Tas and Markus

Really nice update! Thank you! 😎👍🏼

• @gusgranite said:
    @TasTax Can you define the Mutation function, please?

@gusgranite Thank you very much!
    And yes, actually the Mutation function is kind of a simplified and we hope even more intuitive shortcut to the (of course still available) probabilty modulation.
    With the percentage of mutation you put in, you set the probabilty of additional (not yet set) steps to be played in this row (i.g. 20%)
    On the other hand you then lower the probabilty of the already set steps to be played in this row by this percentage.
    All in all you can just easily add some random variation to each row with the amount of percentage you want with it.

What do you think of of that?

• @anickt
    Really nice update! Thank you! 😎👍🏼

@anickt Thank you very much!
    And we are very curious to hear in detail what you think of it after you tested it a bit! :)