Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OCTACHRON MIDI Drum Sequencer AUv3 by Markus Teufel

Comments

• edited September 2021

@TasTax said:

@galmandsværk said:

@Gdub said:
    @""galmandsværk"
    I have been in this situation
    I ended up moving over to Egpulse instead because of the same reasons you mentioned
    I could never get it to work properly
    Shame as I like this app a lot

Thanks. For me, EG feels a little fiddly to program and I can’t seem to see any possibility of mapping pattern changes that I can control via midi through LK or Atom….?

Hey @galmandsværk , hey @Gdub ,

Thank You very much for Your Feedback. We will check this. Can you maybe post a little video where it occurs? that would help us a lot.

And Does anybody else have this problem or maybe even an idea for a solution?

Thank you very much and best greetings from Munich
    Tas

I tried to record a video to show my problem, but I can’t seem to add it to my message.

Basically, I use AUM as a host and then create 3 patterns in Octachron. I map their “activate pattern” to C1, D1 and E1. I then create 3 instances of Atom (1 bar) and draw a note in the beginning on each instance, respectively C1, D1, E1. The Octachron is then asked to send its midi to an instance of DigiStix. I press play and the beat begins. So far, so good.

But, when I launch the different instances of Atom, the pattern activation doesn’t happen every time. Often it will, but not always. I have yet to figure out if there’s a system. But every now and again, it’ll ignore the midi message and run through a bar or 2 or even 3 sometimes before it actually picks up on the message from Atom and activates the pattern.

If I try to use e.g. the AUM keyboard to send the “activate pattern” messages manually, it seems that Octachron will ignore the message if it occurs very early on in the pattern (e.g. the first bar).

Not sure if this is helpful or not…? I’ll try to send a video tomorrow.

• Hi, @galmandsværk.
    I have tested pattern switching using only the AUM keyboard and Octachron.

I loaded one AUV3 Octachron inside AUM.
    (No sound source is loaded, so there is no sound.)

In AUM, the "Toggle" button of the "Activate Pattern" of Octachron is "On" by default.

When the "Toggle" buttons of NOTE24 (C1), NOTE26 (D1) and NOTE28 (E1) are "Off".
    Press C1 or D1 or E1 on the AUM keyboard once to switch the pattern.
    It looked to me as if the pattern switching was smooth and successful.

When the "Toggle" buttons on C1, D1, and E1 are "On".
    In some cases, the pattern switched immediately after pressing the C1, D1 or E1 key once, and in other cases, it did not switch until the key was pressed several times.

(I didn't know that it was possible to switch the pattern by sending an external signal to the Octachron. I'm not even sure what "Toggle" means. I am the most newbie to music apps on this forum. If this post of mine has nothing to do with your question, please ignore it.)

• Hey everybody, thanks a lot for taking so much time to ask and respond to the issues! ❤️🙃

@galmandsværk why are you multiple instances of atom to control Octachron? I’ve tried with one instance and recorded me switching patterns using a connected keyboard in atom and pattern switching was recorded fine! So sorry, a Video would be really great! Maybe you can upload it to YouTube?
    Also @cramdog is Spot on if you’re disable toggle which is on by default, it’s sending always note on, where as if you have it activated it toggles between note on and note off messages. Octachron only reacts to note on that’s why it’s only reacting every other time and feels unreliable if you don’t know what’s going on. Hope that helps? :)

Cheers
    Markus

• Can you sequence melodies with this sequencer? It looks nice

• @cramdog said:
    Hi, @galmandsværk.
    I have tested pattern switching using only the AUM keyboard and Octachron.

I loaded one AUV3 Octachron inside AUM.
    (No sound source is loaded, so there is no sound.)

In AUM, the "Toggle" button of the "Activate Pattern" of Octachron is "On" by default.

When the "Toggle" buttons of NOTE24 (C1), NOTE26 (D1) and NOTE28 (E1) are "Off".
    Press C1 or D1 or E1 on the AUM keyboard once to switch the pattern.
    It looked to me as if the pattern switching was smooth and successful.

When the "Toggle" buttons on C1, D1, and E1 are "On".
    In some cases, the pattern switched immediately after pressing the C1, D1 or E1 key once, and in other cases, it did not switch until the key was pressed several times.

(I didn't know that it was possible to switch the pattern by sending an external signal to the Octachron. I'm not even sure what "Toggle" means. I am the most newbie to music apps on this forum. If this post of mine has nothing to do with your question, please ignore it.)

Welcome!

No worries toggling is just 1 button, with only on or off, nothing in between. The button is toggled or turned on, then another note to toggle or turn button back off.

• @cokomairena said:
    Can you sequence melodies with this sequencer? It looks nice

Yes it even has a bunch of scales you can easily auto populate, like a preset, as well as the midi mapping for several other drum apps. So you can easily use a preset to set a key and scale for notes, or map it to say ruismaker, and it’s properly mapped with the names for each lane.

See photos

• edited September 2021

Just tap on the octopus to get this menu…

• edited October 2021

@reinerspass said:
    Hey everybody, thanks a lot for taking so much time to ask and respond to the issues! ❤️🙃

@galmandsværk why are you multiple instances of atom to control Octachron? I’ve tried with one instance and recorded me switching patterns using a connected keyboard in atom and pattern switching was recorded fine! So sorry, a Video would be really great! Maybe you can upload it to YouTube?
    Also @cramdog is Spot on if you’re disable toggle which is on by default, it’s sending always note on, where as if you have it activated it toggles between note on and note off messages. Octachron only reacts to note on that’s why it’s only reacting every other time and feels unreliable if you don’t know what’s going on. Hope that helps? :)

Cheers
    Markus

Thanks! I Think I figured it out. It was my routing that was wrong. I had set the midi to enter Octachron via the “burger menu” on the left of its node in AUM. When I changes this to the Midi Control, it worked. I don’t understand midi and AUM well enough to know what the difference is, but now it works! :)
    I’m sending messages from LK to activate different patterns in Octachron and I’ve ticked the “instant pattern change”, so it changes when the message arrives from LK on the beginning of a bar.

• @galmandsværk said:

@reinerspass said:
    Hey everybody, thanks a lot for taking so much time to ask and respond to the issues! ❤️🙃

Cheers
    Markus

Thanks! I Think I figured it out. It was my routing that was wrong. I had set the midi to enter Octachron via the “burger menu” on the left of its node in AUM. When I changes this to the Midi Control, it worked. I don’t understand midi and AUM well enough to know what the difference is, but now it works! :)
    I’m sending messages from LK to activate different patterns in Octachron and I’ve ticked the “instant pattern change”, so it changes when the message arrives from LK on the beginning of a bar.

Hey @galmandsværk ,

That sounds very good, glad to hear that. And Thx for the very detailed information, that might also help others out.
    Keep enjoying! 🙂

And Best Greetings from Munich
    Tas

• @reinerspass, @Poppadocrock
    I didn't mean to ask a question, so I'm surprised and very grateful to have gotten an explanation of TOGGLE. Thanks to both of you, I was able to figure out what TOGGLE is doing. Thank you very much.
    (The app sale thread that @Poppadocrock often updates is very useful, thanks there too).

• I successfully created a custom mapping, but how do I save it? I can’t figure it out.

• Is there a way to get portamento? Or any way to affect the length of the note? It seems like there’s no sustain or hold at all. Which I guess is fine for triggering a sample, but limiting for a synth. Unless I’m misunderstanding something, which is definitely possible.

• Hey @kc2dpt,
    sorry currently either saving custom mappings or portamento/gate lenth are possible. We will be working on saving the mapping in the more near future, maybe beginning of next year. But no promises. :) But they are getting saved with a preset which you can load and save via the octopus menu :) Hope that helped
    Cheers, Markus

• Just an out of the blue heartfelt -bump- for Octachron: simple, elegant and very fun.

• Another bump
    Love this app
    Would be great to hear some news

• Hi,
    I see that the pattern change messages are exposed in AUM. But what about other daws?. Say Loopy Pro or Zenbeats… How do you change patterns in those?. Is there a fixed note message to change patterns?. Can’t find anything in the webpage. Thanks!

• Ola everyone
    So first of all, thanks so much for the love @Proppa and @Gdub also to everybody for the good vibes constant help and positive attitude in this thread :heart: :heart: :heart: This is very much appreciated and makes it so much more fun developing this app!

@Gdub I hope we will be able to share some news soon :smiley: 🤞

@tahiche You can start stop, mute tracks or change patterns using midi notes, the needed notes can be found in the standalone app in the midi settings in the MIDI Mapping tab.

Hope that was helpful?

Cheers, Markus

• Love the app, but would really like to see offset implemented. Preferably per step, but per track would be great, as well.

• @cramdog said:
    @reinerspass, @Poppadocrock
    I didn't mean to ask a question, so I'm surprised and very grateful to have gotten an explanation of TOGGLE. Thanks to both of you, I was able to figure out what TOGGLE is doing. Thank you very much.
    (The app sale thread that @Poppadocrock often updates is very useful, thanks there too).

Cheers mate, only just saw this.

• @reinerspass said:
    Ola everyone
    So first of all, thanks so much for the love @Proppa and @Gdub also to everybody for the good vibes constant help and positive attitude in this thread :heart: :heart: :heart: This is very much appreciated and makes it so much more fun developing this app!

@Gdub I hope we will be able to share some news soon :smiley: 🤞

@tahiche You can start stop, mute tracks or change patterns using midi notes, the needed notes can be found in the standalone app in the midi settings in the MIDI Mapping tab.

Hope that was helpful?

Cheers, Markus

Super 😊

• Hey everbody!

Thanks once again for your great support!
    It’s really fun to further improve the app with a crowd like you!
    You can now also follow us on Instagram if you like. We regularly post some jams, tips and hints to upcoming features there:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZXUdvhK5s5/?utm_medium=copy_link

Have fun and enjoy 😊
    Best greetings from Munich
    Tas

• edited February 2022

Hey everybody!

hope your are all doing fine! We work hard on another free update with a very nice new feature. B)

Meanwhile, if you haven't done it yet anyway, it would be really great if you could take a second and write a little review and rate us on the appstore:

http://appstore.com/octachron

That helps us very much.
    Thx again a lot for your support and the great community and if you have any questions, just post them here.

Best greetings from Munich :)
    Tas

• @TasTax said:
    Hey everybody!

hope your are all doing fine! We work hard on another free update with a very nice new feature. B)

Meanwhile, if you haven't done it yet anyway, it would be really great if you could take a second and write a little review and rate us on the appstore:

That helps us very much.
    Thx again a lot for your support and the great community and if you have any questions, just post them here.

Tas

Awesome. Thanks for the work, always enjoyed this app. Cheers!

• @Poppadocrock said:

@TasTax said:
    Hey everybody!

That helps us very much.

Tas

Thank you very much! So if you haven't done it yet anyway, it would be really great if you could write a little review and rate us on the appstore. That helps us very much. :)

Tas

• @TasTax said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@TasTax said:
    Hey everybody!

That helps us very much.

Tas

Thank you very much! So if you haven't done it yet anyway, it would be really great if you could write a little review and rate us on the appstore. That helps us very much. :)

Tas

I’m pretty sure I did but I’ll double check. I’ve also noticed a few disappear occasionally so I’ll make sure.

• @Poppadocrock said:

I’m pretty sure I did but I’ll double check. I’ve also noticed a few disappear occasionally so I’ll make sure.

cool, thank you very much! :smile:

• @TasTax said:

@Poppadocrock said:

cool, thank you very much! :smile:

Yea mine is up there, 5 stars on Sept 9.

• @Poppadocrock said:

Great, thank you very much!

• @TasTax said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Great, thank you very much!

Definitely, always been a fan. Just a thought… I think one cool addition would be the ability to double the amount of midi notes it can send from 8-16. Maybe as an option, so you could have 8 for apps like ruismakerfm, ruismaker, etc, but also have 16 if you like, to sequence Apps with more pads, FAC Drumkit, Digistix 1 & 2, EG Pulse, sEGments, etc.. I know you can just use two instances, but it slows workflow a little, so being able to see all 16 lanes in one instance would be massively beneficial. Maybe some new presets too, since more apps have been released. Any thoughts? or any updates in the future we should keep an eye out for? Not to put you on the spot, you could always dm me. I was just curious if it was still being developed or if anything exciting is coming? Cheers!