Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OCTACHRON MIDI Drum Sequencer AUv3 by Markus Teufel

Comments

• DCJDCJ
    edited June 2019

@Sergiu said:
    How do i use general midi with Elliot's Linndrum app? With the other 2 drum machines it's easy, since they already mapped.
    I don't know how to map each drum parts

I didn’t do any CCs but I did map the drums. Press the octopus and then select mapping. Enter as follows to start off:

Kick 55
    Snare 53 (there are actually two options)
    Clap 60
    Low Tom 50
    Mid Tom 51
    Stick 62
    Closed Hat 56
    Open Hat 57

These are just the ones I chose to map and renamed the rows accordingly. You can adjust the numbers if you want to trigger different sounds.

• @Sergiu said:
    What drum machine did you use?
    What other drum machines are you guys mapping to Octa?
    Are you using only the ones that comes with the mapping preset?> @cuscolima said:

I am trying to controle the “active on/off” via a keyboard. I have set that the key 64 should trigger the on/off when pressed...but it doesn’t work...the application seems to not answer to the pressed note (same problem with a cc)

I have loaded Octa into AUM and have mapped the Octachron active on/off to the C4 (note 64). When I press C4 on the virtual keyboard of AUM, I would like Octachron to start/stop. It doesn’t work

• Thank you! I'll give it a spin> @DCJ said:

@Sergiu said:
    How do i use general midi with Elliot's Linndrum app? With the other 2 drum machines it's easy, since they already mapped.

I didn’t do any CCs but I did map the drums. Press the octopus and then select mapping. Enter as follows to start off:

Kick 55
    Clap 60
    Low Tom 50
    Mid Tom 51
    Stick 62
    Closed Hat 56
    Open Hat 57

These are just the ones I chose to map and renamed the rows accordingly. You can adjust the numbers if you want to trigger different sounds.

• It works! Hope soon we'll have other drum machines pre mapped in Octa. > @Sergiu said:

Thank you! I'll give it a spin> @DCJ said:

@Sergiu said:

Kick 55
    Clap 60
    Low Tom 50
    Mid Tom 51
    Stick 62
    Closed Hat 56
    Open Hat 57

• Anyone map got TON ? I love that app... Or seek beats?

• @reasOne said:
    Anyone map got TON ? I love that app... Or seek beats?

IAA is a whole other ball of wax. I remember trying to map SeekBeats a while back and it was a paaaaain. I love the sound of that drum machine though.

• @DCJ said:

@reasOne said:

IAA is a whole other ball of wax. I remember trying to map SeekBeats a while back and it was a paaaaain. I love the sound of that drum machine though.

Oh snap is iaa I wasn't thinking... Yup thats probably a no go,... Seek beats is a mess to midi in

• @reasOne said:

@DCJ said:

@reasOne said:

Oh snap is iaa I wasn't thinking... Yup thats probably a no go,... Seek beats is a mess to midi in

And this is soooooo sad. I would love to love SeekBeats. But I never got it running the way I want (iAA midi AUM you know)

• @reasOne said:

Seek beats is a mess to midi in

I love it. But dang... midi is a curse there :lol:

Regarding Octachron... still trying to convince myself I don't need another sequencer... but this seems so tight :sunglasses:

• @david_2017 said:

@reasOne said:

@DCJ said:

@reasOne said:

And this is soooooo sad. I would love to love SeekBeats. But I never got it running the way I want (iAA midi AUM you know)

Maybe I’m confused about the ask here, but while SeekBeats doesn’t do IAA MIDI, Virtual MIDI works well for triggering.

In SeekBeats turn on Virtual In. Then, in AUM, route Octachron to the SeekBeats Virtual In.
    By default SeekBeats is looking for notes on channel 10 starting with note C2 (Yamaha numbering so that’s note 48), but you can change that.

You can also select patterns. By default that starts at C3 (so note 60)

The only thing is that you can only trigger notes, no parameter controls (I really wish you could control the randomize slider at the very least!) so you might be better off just using the built-in sequencer.

• @aplourde thanks man. With your lines I will give it another go. Thanks!

• @White said:

Very B STEP appearance....me like

So does this trig lock like the name implies..... ;)

• Octachron will be just brilliant with

1. start re-sync (currently unusuable for sync with DAW instruments and arranging)
    2. capability to recognize midi devices
    3. 16 + rows
    4. free assignable notes/custom mappings
    5. free assignable number of patterns
  • @Syngularity said:
    Octachron will be just brilliant with

1. 16 + rows

Then it would have nothing to do with “Octa” or octopi. That would be a damn shame.

• How is this app coming along?
    I think it was missing some stuff on release, right?

• edited June 2019

@CracklePot said:

@Syngularity said:

1. 16 + rows

Then it would have nothing to do with “Octa” or octopi. That would be a damn shame.

Octopi fight club!

@CracklePot said:
    How is this app coming along?
    I think it was missing some stuff on release, right?

Wondering this too. I'm convinced that I don't need another sequencer, but at the same time, this looks cool :sweat_smile:

• @CracklePot said:

@Syngularity said:

1. 16 + rows

I don't need another "cult app". If a tool works, I'm a fan of it.

• @Syngularity said:

1. start re-sync (currently unusuable for sync with DAW instruments and arranging)
    2. capability to recognize midi devices
    3. 16 + rows
    4. free assignable notes/custom mappings
    5. free assignable number of patterns

See StepBud

• Octachron is just what I needed 🙂 One question...It doesn’t seem to remember my chosen mapping preset in AUM. Whenever I load my AUM project, I have to reset Octachron to the Ruismaker FM preset (or whatever). Anyone else see this? Am I doing something wrong?

• edited August 2019

@reinerspass Hey man, the more Integrate Octa into my music the more I love it! I've found the timing goes out of sync a small amount with the main clock sync in AUM after running continuously for a while. Has this been noted before? hope it can be fixed in the next update. Thanks for the continued listening and improving.

• I just got Octa a couple weeks ago, and I love it too except for one annoying flaw.... every time I stop a session in AB3 then play it again Octa starts from wherever I paused it not from the top of the sequence. I sent email to developer but no response yet. This makes it hard to use...

• Didn't know this one.Looks great,thanks for the heads up.Does it run smooth with Auria and is there a mapping for Beathawk as well?

But Am i right,after stopping host i need to manualy reset the app to the first beat?I would consider it absolutely mandatory to have an automatic reset (especially in a drum sequencer).

• Hoping this app is still being developed... if so, aside from exposing things like mute to midi/AU.param control, I’d love to see real-time recording...

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I just got Octa a couple weeks ago, and I love it too except for one annoying flaw.... every time I stop a session in AB3 then play it again Octa starts from wherever I paused it not from the top of the sequence. I sent email to developer but no response yet. This makes it hard to use...

Yeah same here. I spoke to the developer here on the forums and he is aware of the issue but I’ve not heard back since. Hope he is ok and a fix is still in the works.

• If he already comitted to change this behavior...i have no excuse to avoid the purchase anymore.

• @badbeat said:
    @reinerspass Hey man, the more Integrate Octa into my music the more I love it! I've found the timing goes out of sync a small amount with the main clock sync in AUM after running continuously for a while. Has this been noted before? hope it can be fixed in the next update. Thanks for the continued listening and improving.

Anybody else seeing this sync drift in AUM over time?

• Would love to see an update...
    Not much been happening lately
    I also love this app
    Fingers crossed

• This thing absolutely needs AU/cc control of things like pattern switching and mutes...

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    This thing absolutely needs AU/cc control of things like pattern switching and mutes...

Would be perfect then. Use it everyday.

• edited September 2019

feature suggestion:

-Selection of automation parameter from the main screen. No Pop up menus please, they are a nightmare when it comes to live performance. Samplr is the gold standard.

-Lenght of track can be set from main screen.

-Mapping presets can be shared and added to future updates.

-Clock divider per track, from the main screen.