Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Velocity Keyboard by Ngo Minh Ngoc

14567810»

Comments

• Now, when there are so many SWAM instruments available , it would be really awesome if somebody made some nice presets for them in Velocity Keyboard.

• By the way, velocity keyboard new update is supposed to finally have state saving. But it is not state saving for me in aum. Could anyone check and see if they can replicate. For example, open a session, choose a custom scale and mpe guitar input. When u reopen, the scale amd input type will not have been remembered.

• @zah7 said:
    Now, when there are so many SWAM instruments available , it would be really awesome if somebody made some nice presets for them in Velocity Keyboard.

That would be terrific. I’m getting Geo shred to work pretty well but I’d like to use velocity keyboard as well

• @Gavinski said:
    By the way, velocity keyboard new update is supposed to finally have state saving. But it is not state saving for me in aum. Could anyone check and see if they can replicate. For example, open a session, choose a custom scale and mpe guitar input. When u reopen, the scale amd input type will not have been remembered.

Did you save your session in AUM?
    When I restored my saved session in AUM, VK restored correctly with my save custom scale !

• I didn’t - I just closed and reloaded last session, but normally that should still state save, and all other apps were state saved. Thank for checking though...wonder if it is a device or OS-specific bug

@Hyatha said:

@Gavinski said:
    By the way, velocity keyboard new update is supposed to finally have state saving. But it is not state saving for me in aum. Could anyone check and see if they can replicate. For example, open a session, choose a custom scale and mpe guitar input. When u reopen, the scale amd input type will not have been remembered.

When I restored my saved session in AUM, VK restored correctly with my save custom scale !

• @Gavinski said:
    I didn’t - I just closed and reloaded last session, but normally that should still state save, and all other apps were state saved. Thank for checking though...wonder if it is a device or OS-specific bug

@Hyatha said:

@Gavinski said:

Oh I always do save and restore session :) Never know you can close and use the reload last session.
    But anyway, if you save session, the later restore it, VK will restore what you saved

• No, I just tried saving and reopening, still did not restore, for sure there is a bug, on some devices / is at least

• On further checking - it is saving correctly, but it is not saving the name of the preset properly, good, just a minor bug, I will inform the dev

• edited May 2021

@Gavinski said:
    I didn’t - I just closed and reloaded last session, but normally that should still state save, and all other apps were state saved. Thank for checking though...wonder if it is a device or OS-specific bug

@Hyatha said:

@Gavinski said:

If when you open a plugin the state is the same as when you SAVED that is correct state saving.

If a plugin remembers state without the session being saved that is something different from standard state saving.. and undesirable in my opinion when the context is a plugin in a project that allows explicit saving.

State-saving usually refers to the state at the time of a save being performed. For an app like AUM that has explicit saving , I would find it awful for an app to restore to a different state than the explicitly saved one. I often (and am sure I am not alone) will often save a base state for a session and change it in the course of a session/performance.

I intentionally close without resavjng in order to return to the base state.

Note: written before gav's corrections posted.

• edited January 2022

Hi kind peeps!

Just got VK, destination set to GeoShred with GeoTenorSax. The sound is totally different played on Geo surface vs. on VK, VK notes terminate immediately after strike, even with finger still pressing. I imagine this is a fairly popular combo. What config I should try to make them more more similar?

Is there a place peeps share such configs? Or just ask here?

Thanks!

**Edit: ** also, any strong recommendations on other apps worth considering as controllers for the GeoSwam instruments? e.g. I've seen mention of KB-1

• @Hyatha said:

@Gavinski said:

I agree. Everything works fine and is saved properly when VKB is used inside AUM. So it does not matter much what standalone app "state saving" if you have AUM

• @audiobussy said:

@zah7 said:
    Now, when there are so many SWAM instruments available , it would be really awesome if somebody made some nice presets for them in Velocity Keyboard.

That would be terrific. I’m getting Geo shred to work pretty well but I’d like to use velocity keyboard as well

Thats exactly I did. Created separate VKB presets for Sax, Flute, strings of SWAM instruments. It works like a charm when you play VKB inside AUM. Much much better midi experience than Geoshred (as midi player).

• Is there any way I can export Velocity Keyboard presets from one iPad to another? I do not see any option to do it.
    If there is no way then can I save that preset in AUM (when I use VKB inside AUM) and export that AUM preset. Will it save the parameters of VKB ibside AUM?
    Any pointer will be appreciated.

• @sujoybose77 said:
    Is there any way I can export Velocity Keyboard presets from one iPad to another? I do not see any option to do it.
    If there is no way then can I save that preset in AUM (when I use VKB inside AUM) and export that AUM preset. Will it save the parameters of VKB ibside AUM?
    Any pointer will be appreciated.

For any auv3, you can save presets inside the aum internal preset system. These can then be accessed inside the files app and from there you can share them, so that's probably the easiest way to do it.