Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dexed Synth by George Rosar

13»

Comments

• @Samu said:
    For me KQ Dixie is a viable alternative/substitute for Dexed especially when adjusting the settings to once liking regarding operator bit-depth and output levels, velocity scaling etc.
    (it's also very handy for creating huge layers consisting of multiple patches).

This begs a thread about how to co figure KW Dixie to sound as close as possible to a DX7S or other DX models?

• edited April 2023

Had KQ Dixie forever - horrible interface, lovely solid app. Bought Dexed today - lovely interface, and well curated sounds, solid up to three instances inside AUM, sounding great, went to deploy a fourth - now they are all pretty randomly crashy crashy crashy even after reboots. It seems to have borked the session I was on just before I hit record. Pity.

• I think Dexed suffers with poor memory usage. I don't use more than a couple but I've just finished a Creation with a bunch of Dexed on it, and it was the first synth to lose sound when I overwhelmed Cubasis with a flock of Swams (yes, i've checked, it is the correct plural lol). So I just froze the Dexed tracks and carried on. Not so easy in AUM I guess.

• @MadGav said:

This begs a thread about how to co figure KW Dixie to sound as close as possible to a DX7S or other DX models?

Go ahead :sunglasses:

I don't have a hardware DX7 and my TX81z is a completely different beast..

From what I know KQ Dixie is meant to be as 'clean' as possible with both 12 and 24 bit option for the operators.
    The boost is there to increase output level and somewhat simulate the distortion/clipping that the DX7 apparently had when all voices played at once.

KQ Dixie doesn't focus on 'DAC Emulation' which is partially what makes the old hardware sound like it sounds.

I recall there's a video on YT with a comparison already and most 'software synths' are very close to the real deal, some minor differences in envelope times, velocity response and DA conversion is what separates them.

For me it's 'close enough' when I need DX7 / FM sounds...

• How does it compare sound wise with the other FM apps? Namely Dixie.