Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: We are so screwed

In case you missed it, in Doom and Gloom news: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/may/06/human-society-under-urgent-threat-loss-earth-natural-life-un-report

"Human society is in jeopardy from the accelerating decline of the Earth’s natural life support systems, the world’s leading scientists have warned as they announced the results of the most thorough planetary health check ever undertaken." "The next 18 months will be crucial."

Good thing environment is front and centre in western politics right now 😂😭

Comments

• Sooner or later we're all going away anyway right?!

Without getting too 'deep in shite'...
    ...the simple idea of making people 'panic' is just crazy and will lead to nowhere except paranoia...

It's like 'Wag The Dog' all over again, create a 'shadow curtain' to capture the majority of the sleeping public so other 'stuff'(wars, poverty etc.) get 'forgotten' and focus the 'problems and challenges' as far away as possible :D

• The most obvious and noticeable thing IMO is how when you used to drive any distance there would always be dozens of insects splatted on the car windscreen. Now you can drive for months without a single insect hitting the car. They've all gone, insecticides have basically created insect-free zones all around us. The plants that depend on those insects for pollination, the birds that feed on them, and maybe even eventually us will all be affected.

There's a lot of denialism about climate change, but mass extinctions is arguably an even bigger problem, and the evidence for it actually happening is overwhelming and (you would think) undeniable.

• Oof. Time to colonize new planets so we can screw those up too!

• @Michael said:
    In case you missed it, in Doom and Gloom news: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/may/06/human-society-under-urgent-threat-loss-earth-natural-life-un-report

"Human society is in jeopardy from the accelerating decline of the Earth’s natural life support systems, the world’s leading scientists have warned as they announced the results of the most thorough planetary health check ever undertaken." "The next 18 months will be crucial."

Our vote in the upcoming election will totally effect this. 😂

• @Michael - thanks for the post. This is an issue that goes beyond politics.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Welp, Happy Monday I guess...

Not that I'm a saint, but every time I take the garbage out of my house I just think to myself "Jesus Christ, what the fuck is all of this and why is there so much garbage."

We're only a family of four. When I have like, a yogurt, or some bullshit thing in a single serve wrapper or package, sometimes all I can picture is it sitting in a landfill somewhere. I'm really not helping the problem... but I don't really know what to do to help. It's not like I can go to the store and pour fresh yogurt into a mason jar. I mean I guess I could buy bigger portions? But then I'm scared it will go to waste and I'm gonna be sitting on the couch one night just eating two pounds of vanilla yogurt.

We're seriously the shittiest thing to ever happen to the planet. And like I said, I'm just as much at fault, but you really can start wondering just how sustainable is this, really?...

• Helen Handbasket.

• I mean it's two minutes to midnight since 2018 which is as close before Doomsday as it hasn't been since 1953... quite something.

• I think when each country has eliminated not just poverty on their own terms in each nation, then such matters will be of greater import.

By poverty, I don't even only mean "homeless".

I mean working poor and so many living pay check to pay check.

So unless the solution to environmental concerns does not negatively impact the financial situations of all citizens -----------it will remain an ancillary issue in the true voting masses.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINON

• I remember when Ronald Reagan wistfully mused at the height of the Cold War that an alien invasion would unite the belligerent nations to a common purpose. (At the time, he was ridiculed for such an unpresidential statement. Wow, right?)
    But I get what he was saying: an existential threat will unite us all. And yet, here we are.
    Let’s unite, yes?

• @RUST( i )K said:
    I think when each country has eliminated not just poverty on their own terms in each nation, then such matters will be of greater import.

By poverty, I don't even only mean "homeless".

I mean working poor and so many living pay check to pay check.

So unless the solution to environmental concerns does not negatively impact the financial situations of all citizens -----------it will remain an ancillary issue in the true voting masses.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINON

Yeah this makes sense, I agree. It's like, you might say to yourself "Alright cool, let me buy this product made from recycled whatever" and it costs three times as much. I want to do the right thing, but Jesus, I also have other financial responsibilities and a family to provide for... it's very very hard and you're right, if doing the "right" or "better" thing continues to hit us harder in the wallet like that then uptake will be impossible... this kind of thing absolutely has to come from the top down to really work. I mean unless we're all suddenly gonna revert to an agrarian society? Which I just don't see happening lol..

• Well, there’s this if you want to try to make a difference:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jan/16/new-plant-focused-diet-would-transform-planets-future-say-scientists

It’s easy to feel useless in the face of global warming but actually there are things we can do and - if enough people do them - it will materially help.

It’s a big ‘if’, of course, but why not give it a try? I have recently stopped eating beef and dairy entirely because I want my kids to have a future.

Extinctions are something else, I know, but the big global issues are all connected to our sense of respect and responsibility. Or lack of.

• edited May 2019

1960 something. Driving with my father and a woman friend of the family in our old Hillman Husky. No seat belts of course. Dad pulled out the last cigarette from his pack and rolled down the window while he was talking, threw the empty box out. Our friend (an older folk-singing eccentric, no less) shouted: "LITTER LOUT!" at the top of her lungs, and later on, sitting with mum over tea in our little suburban Twickenham house, we laughed to ourselves at what a nutter that lady was...

I believe in social change.

• If everyone was at home tied to their iPad's making music then we wouldn't have to destroy everything and fight!
    Get an iPad, save the planet lol

• Good thread. Comforting in an odd way, lol. I think everything will be ok... in a few thousand years or so. I would just encourage us all to be patient until then! 👾 (For those of you who enjoy debating this kind of stuff, The Philosophy Forum usually has multiple discussions going on simultaneously about it. One of the latest...
    https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/5571/a-summary-of-today

• edited May 2019

I heard a while ago, back in the 90s, that the single most important solution most people should now be able to employ is to only have one child. Haven’t thought it through or dedicated my life to the research/ramifications (too busy droppin them beats yo, but hey I earned it: no kids ;) ). The idea seemed sound at the time though.

• Unfortunately most people (including myself) tend to think there is absolutely nothing we can do to stop this- and so we tend to forget about it and enjoy things as best we can.
    It does seem that the planet is doomed.
    If we can stand by over decades and watch millions of our fellow humans become impoverished and starve to death whilst being riddled with disease then there is little chance of anything significant happening in the future in terms of saving the planet.
    Nothing will happen until the people with all money become adversely affected in a way that has a negative impact on their selfish day to day lives...... by which time it will be far too late.

• @robosardine said:
    Unfortunately most people (including myself) tend to think there is absolutely nothing we can do to stop this- and so we tend to forget about it and enjoy things as best we can.
    If we can stand by over decades and watch millions of our fellow humans become impoverished and starve to death whilst being riddled with disease then there is little chance of anything significant happening in the future in terms of saving the planet.
    Nothing will happen until the people with all money become adversely affected in a way that has a negative impact on their selfish day to day lives...... by which time it will be far too late.

We have all been doomed since the day we were born as nothing lasts forever. Every civilization, every planet, every sun. Well, back to work!

• edited May 2019

@Michael said:

Unfortunately western politics is headed in the opposite direction. UK Brexit preparing to tear up the EU environmental protection laws when it leaves, and climate change denying Trump in charge of the USA.

Already noticing big climate changes here over the last 20 years - getting sunburnt in Mid Wales in April has never been a thing - it hardly happened in the summer!

The scary part is the way it’ll suddenly speed up - the domino cause and effect. They can’t predict that, and it’ll catch us out when it’s too late to sop it.

• @robosardine said:
    Unfortunately most people (including myself) tend to think there is absolutely nothing we can do to stop this- and so we tend to forget about it and enjoy things as best we can.

Unfortunately, they never will. Casual nihilism comes very easily to the overprivileged.

• Plant more trees. Spread more love.

X

• @Treesarenice said:
    Plant more trees. Spread more love.

X

I love trees. I've spent most of my life trying to scrape enough money together to be able to afford a place witha bit of land, so I can plant some woodland. Not happened yet, and I notice these days the first thing people who do have the money do when they get somewhere, is chop all the trees down and sell the land off as a building plot. The people with the money don't love trees, which is why we're in the mess we are.

• edited May 2019

@MonzoPro said:

@Michael said:

Unfortunately western politics is headed in the opposite direction. UK Brexit preparing to tear up the EU environmental protection laws when it leaves, and climate change denying Trump in charge of the USA.

Already noticing big climate changes here over the last 20 years - getting sunburnt in Mid Wales in April has never been a thing - it hardly happened in the summer!

The scary part is the way it’ll suddenly speed up - the domino cause and effect. They can’t predict that, and it’ll catch us out when it’s too late to sop it.

The past three years here every summer has consistently had about three weeks of thick forest fire smoke. I have really bad sinuses all my life and I dread summer which is just hell for me now. I think I got shingles right after a couple years ago as I was completely sleep deprived and my system was over stressed from the fire smoke. I was just shopping for smoke masks on amazon, particularly trying to find ones I can sleep with.

But yah, ‘The Road’ seems like a bloody prophecy to me. How can it not? The species has a hard lesson coming up and I doubt we will ever learn it so much as it will just get wiped in the sands of time along with us. Eventually another civilisation may emerge and the whole game plays out again. It was nice to see so much change/toys/progress but in the end it just seems we are the greedy, eternaly disatisfied monkey children. Do the products equal the price? Maybe things will be better when the roaches get their shot again.

Can we get a hashtag ‘onechildonly’ going to save the planet? Who am I kidding? To save ourselves?

• While morals, truth and decency is at an all time low at the same time privilege, apathy and willful ignorance is at an all time high; I remain hopeful and take initiative being the difference I seek in this world.

So easy to be silent about important shit these days. I think it’s cool when those in any position of influence speak up. So thanks for being aware @Michael

• edited May 2019

I'm optimist. People will always find way out of troubles when things starts to be serious.. Look at our history. There was soo much moments when it did look like it is endgame.

In case we will not destroy ourselves with something like nuclear war (which is not unlikely), then i pretty much believe we wound way how to fix all environmental issues.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." A.C.Clarke

When magic will be needed to fix what we screwed in 20th century and at beginning of 21th century, we will do that magic. I'm sure.

This doesn't mean we should stop taking a care about current situation - no way. We should take a care. But also we shouldn't draw too much catastrophic scenarios. Next 20 years will be tough, but if we will continue with technological progress, "magic" will be ready when it will be needed.

• edited May 2019

@dendy said:
    I'm optimist. People will always find way out of troubles when things starts to be serious.. Look at our history. There was soo much moments when it did look like it is endgame.

History shows us that endgames do happen though. I think humans will likely maintain for a looooong time as simple DNA propagators, ducking back into and out of the cave, so to speak, but there are many civilisations and cultures that met their end which I think is ultimately what we are talking about. (i think?)

In case we will not destroy ourselves with something like nuclear war (which is not unlikely), then i pretty much believe we wound way how to fix all environmental issues.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." A.C.Clarke

When magic will be needed to fix what we screwed in 20th century and at beginning of 21th century, we will do that magic. I'm sure.

I also like..

“Civilization is in a race between education and catastrophe. Let us learn the truth and spread it as far and wide as our circumstances allow. For the truth is the greatest weapon we have.”

H.G. Wells

Had he been alive today I am sure he would start Hashtag: stopshittinoutsomanybabies

This discussion has been closed.