Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is iPad Air 3 any good for music?

I used the original Air back in 2014 and had to sell it couple months ago.

Was looking for second hand iPad Pro and Pro 2 but I realized that the nevest version of Air is not that expensive and second hand Pro’s newest Air almost cost the same.

It is for sure better than Air 1 and Air 2 but what do you think about Air 3 for music production?

I am planning to use Cubasis and AUv3 within DAW just like desktop DAW and VST. Also Korg Apps and maybe Caustic 3 will be in the chamber.

I won’t be using the iPad only for music production and some apps to help to my video production like teleprompter app or remote app for the videoshoot app on my iPhone. So other features like Face ID or camera specs are not important for me.

Do you think the latest generation iPad Air would work fine for my workflow? Or should I look for first generation iPad Pro instead?

Comments

• I'm keeping my eye on the iPad Air 3. It's one of the last iPad models with a built-in headphone jack.
    Depending on the outcome of WWDC'19 (ie. if The iPad Air 2 gets iOS13 support) I'll decide on what to do.

The iPad Air 3 does feel like a 'solid' upgrade, but so is the 128GB 2018 9.7" iPad which is a lot cheaper...

• edited May 2019

@mozadak

In terms of CPU, it's performance is almost identical like 2018 PRO models. So definitely, if CPU performance is your priority, it is probably best iPad for music available to date :)