Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cosm - ambient app

2»

Comments

• @gkillmaster said:
    Anyone have Chillscape and can compare with Cosm?

I have both, have yet to play with either, but find them strangely -almost suspiciously :)- similar in brand coloring etc..

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gkillmaster said:

I have both, have yet to play with either, but find them strangely -almost suspiciously :)- similar in brand coloring etc..

Ha! yeh, was thinking the same :)

• @gkillmaster said:

Chillscape is more auto play. You pop bubbles to trigger sounds, but don’t determine the sounds. Or just let it auto play without having to tap.

Cosm lets you pick sounds to play, then you tap around different areas to determine the pitch.
    You record short looping phrases that fade over time, and the app also injects its own stuff for variety as you are playing. You can layer in any of the sounds in the same session.

Both are super chill and relaxing. Cosm lets you compose more, though.

• @CracklePot said:

@gkillmaster said:

Chillscape is more auto play. You pop bubbles to trigger sounds, but don’t determine the sounds. Or just let it auto play without having to tap.

Cosm lets you pick sounds to play, then you tap around different areas to determine the pitch.
    You record short looping phrases that fade over time, and the app also injects its own stuff for variety as you are playing. You can layer in any of the sounds in the same session.

Thank you a lot!

• So anything you compose gets erased?

@CracklePot said:

@gkillmaster said:

• @w3epy glad you cats are still in the game. Always loved KRFT and I think Cosm is beautiful. :)

• @Tones4Christ said:
    So anything you compose gets erased?

@CracklePot said:

@gkillmaster said:

Cosm has IAA so you could record your sessions and keep any that turn out particularly good.

• @CracklePot said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    So anything you compose gets erased?

@CracklePot said:

@gkillmaster said:

Cosm has IAA so you could record your sessions and keep any that turn out particularly good.

It goes to insane levels when you put it in AUM and add lots and lot and lots of fix and mangling...

• Wow really missed this one somehow 😳
    Sold!

• @CracklePot said:

@gkillmaster said:

Any way to record Chillscape?
    Then i would buy :)

Otherwise, @weepy
    Any chance to add some connectivity to Chillscape?

• I recorded an amazing track in AUM with Tonebooster Reverb Shimmer preset wow! This app is really nice! Made my commute home so much more pleasant!❤️❤️❤️❤️

@tja said:

@CracklePot said:

@gkillmaster said:

Otherwise, @weepy

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I recorded an amazing track in AUM with Tonebooster Reverb Shimmer preset wow! This app is really nice! Made my commute home so much more pleasant!❤️❤️❤️❤️

@tja said:

@CracklePot said:

@gkillmaster said:

Otherwise, @weepy

Just to make sure, Chillscape can be loaded in AUM?
    So not only Cosm?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I recorded an amazing track in AUM with Tonebooster Reverb Shimmer preset wow! This app is really nice! Made my commute home so much more pleasant!❤️❤️❤️❤️

@tja said:

@CracklePot said:

@gkillmaster said:

Otherwise, @weepy

are you talking about Chillspace or Cosm?

• Sorry guys meant Cosm.

@gkillmaster said:

@Tones4Christ said:

@tja said:

@CracklePot said:

@gkillmaster said:

Otherwise, @weepy

are you talking about Chillspace or Cosm?

• edited May 2021

@gkillmaster said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gkillmaster said:

@gkillmaster said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gkillmaster said:

They were by the same developer by the way. That’s why they look similar.
    All of his apps have disappeared from the App Store.
    So it’s good not to delete them from your device because you will not be able to reload them.

• Anyone else know how I can find this on the app store.

• @Ailerom said:
    Anyone else know how I can find this on the app store.

If you had bought it previously it will be in your ‚Purchased‘ list and can be downloaded from there. Otherwise you’re out of luck.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Ailerom said:

If you had bought it previously it will be in your ‚Purchased‘ list and can be downloaded from there. Otherwise you’re out of luck.

Thanks, didn't realise it was a goner.

• Anything similar on the App Store?

• @Ailerom said:
    Thanks, didn't realise it was a goner.

Oof. Same here. And forgot KRFT was gone too. Would get them both

Anything similar on the App Store?

gotta take a peek at how it works. Maybe some of the scaper apps? (Field, Sound or Synth)?
    I really dig the classic DroneFX. No connectivity because it was done in Unity engine if i'm not wrong. But I record to external harware or use the interface hack to loop it back mono on the ipad.

But you could run it on your browser (or desktop)

https://dronefx.com/

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Ailerom said:

Are you sure about that? I own Cosm and KRFT but tried to find them in purchased to download to a newish iPad and neither show up. They may be completely gone! :(

• @skiphunt said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Ailerom said:

Are you sure about that? I own Cosm and KRFT but tried to find them in purchased to download to a newish iPad and neither show up. They may be completely gone! :(

Huh, you’re right. I don’t own Cosmetic but KRFT and it’s gone as you say. The Palm apps otoh are still there. There does appear to be a fate worse than death for apps.

• I love Cosm :'(

Does this mean that it'll stop working? Unsupported apps stop working in future OS upgrades? Hence why I keep reading posts from folks unwilling to upgrade from 13.x etc?

• @FPC said:
    I love Cosm :'(

Does this mean that it'll stop working? Unsupported apps stop working in future OS upgrades? Hence why I keep reading posts from folks unwilling to upgrade from 13.x etc?

Well, it means you can't download it again once it either stops working due to iOS upgrades (not that likely) or, you get a new device and have to redownload.

It was really nicely done. Pity it didn't take off well for them. I love the sounds and scapes you can get with it. Top notch audio engine too. :(