Cosm - ambient app

It’s out now & sounds nice & chilled with BLEASS reverb

Comments

  • Cool. Is there any possibility to upload my own songs?

  • @cuscolima said:
    Cool. Is there any possibility to upload my own songs?

    No but it is IAA so you can record in AUM etc.

  • Having been battling insomnia for the last three months, I’m hoping that this can help a little (no kidding). It sounds nice...

  • @cuscolima said:
    Cool. Is there any possibility to upload my own songs?

    No. It does its own thing, with a little touchscreen input from you. See Doug's review; there's nothing more to it than that. Very nice samples though.

  • Did anyone get the go ahead from the devs to announce this and the live link?

    I was told they were waiting to do a launch sale and that current live link wasn’t supposed to be shared yet.

  • @skiphunt said:
    Did anyone get the go ahead from the devs to announce this and the live link?

    I was told they were waiting to do a launch sale and that current live link wasn’t supposed to be shared yet.

    I mean it's on the app store hehe normally they launch it the day they do announcing I don't think anyone thought to message anyone and ask permission to share a live link... I'm not being rude just not sure what ya mean

  • edited May 6

    @reasOne said:

    @skiphunt said:
    Did anyone get the go ahead from the devs to announce this and the live link?

    I was told they were waiting to do a launch sale and that current live link wasn’t supposed to be shared yet.

    I mean it's on the app store hehe normally they launch it the day they do announcing I don't think anyone thought to message anyone and ask permission to share a live link... I'm not being rude just not sure what ya mean

    Because on slack the dev said the link was live but no one knows it’s there yet, and they plan on announcing with a launch sale.

    THAT’s how I know.

    Unless there’s was a change of heart with the dev from earlier today... someone let the cat out of the bag before they were supposed to.

    Buy it now for full price if you wish. Makes no difference to me.

  • @skiphunt said:

    @reasOne said:

    @skiphunt said:
    Did anyone get the go ahead from the devs to announce this and the live link?

    I was told they were waiting to do a launch sale and that current live link wasn’t supposed to be shared yet.

    I mean it's on the app store hehe normally they launch it the day they do announcing I don't think anyone thought to message anyone and ask permission to share a live link... I'm not being rude just not sure what ya mean

    Because on slack the dev said the link was live but no one knows it’s there yet, and they plan on announcing with a launch sale.

    THAT’s how I know.

    Unless there’s was a change of heart with the dev from earlier today... someone let the cat out of the bag before they were supposed to.

    Buy it now for full price if you wish. Makes no difference to me.

    The cat‘s out of the bag as soon as it is in the AppStore and can be found via AppStore search.

  • @Martinj said:

    @skiphunt said:

    @reasOne said:

    @skiphunt said:
    Did anyone get the go ahead from the devs to announce this and the live link?

    I was told they were waiting to do a launch sale and that current live link wasn’t supposed to be shared yet.

    I mean it's on the app store hehe normally they launch it the day they do announcing I don't think anyone thought to message anyone and ask permission to share a live link... I'm not being rude just not sure what ya mean

    Because on slack the dev said the link was live but no one knows it’s there yet, and they plan on announcing with a launch sale.

    THAT’s how I know.

    Unless there’s was a change of heart with the dev from earlier today... someone let the cat out of the bag before they were supposed to.

    Buy it now for full price if you wish. Makes no difference to me.

    The cat‘s out of the bag as soon as it is in the AppStore and can be found via AppStore search.

    But what to search for :)
    Ok maybe there is a crawler that sees all new App Store arrivals that are inserted into a specific category... that would let the cat out of the sack...

  • Yeah there it is... sorting for new music arrivals will reveal the app.

  • Well...also if someone did a pre-release video and you think “oh interesting” and do a search with the apps name you will find it. At least that’s how I found it....

  • @Martinj said:
    Well...also if someone did a pre-release video and you think “oh interesting” and do a search with the apps name you will find it. At least that’s how I found it....

    Genius :)
    Wäre ich da mal selbst drauf gekommen 🙈

  • @skiphunt said:

    @reasOne said:

    @skiphunt said:
    Did anyone get the go ahead from the devs to announce this and the live link?

    I was told they were waiting to do a launch sale and that current live link wasn’t supposed to be shared yet.

    I mean it's on the app store hehe normally they launch it the day they do announcing I don't think anyone thought to message anyone and ask permission to share a live link... I'm not being rude just not sure what ya mean

    Because on slack the dev said the link was live but no one knows it’s there yet, and they plan on announcing with a launch sale.

    THAT’s how I know.

    Unless there’s was a change of heart with the dev from earlier today... someone let the cat out of the bag before they were supposed to.

    Buy it now for full price if you wish. Makes no difference to me.

    Ah I gotcha, I totally forget to check that slack app, I'm beta testing it and in there ...
    I just don't think it Makes sense to push it to the app store and not be ready.... But that's their call, hopefully people dig it,
    I enjoy it but I want a tiny bit more control before I would pay for it although it sounds great and is very simple and mindless to get loops going, deff worth sampling

  • @david_2017 said:

    @Martinj said:
    Well...also if someone did a pre-release video and you think “oh interesting” and do a search with the apps name you will find it. At least that’s how I found it....

    Genius :)
    Wäre ich da mal selbst drauf gekommen 🙈

    😂😂😂

    BTW, Cosm and ambient Guitar (already posted in the ambient guitar thread, but might be interesting for those interested in Cosm, too)

  • Hey ! Developer here. It's all because we uploaded it with "auto-release" on by mistake. ! Sorry + thanks to anyone who bought it at full price. Again please review... would love to make some IAP content for it .

  • @weepy said:
    Hey ! Developer here. It's all because we uploaded it with "auto-release" on by mistake. ! Sorry + thanks to anyone who bought it at full price. Again please review... would love to make some IAP content for it .

    @weepy Hope you will keep supporting this app with new content. Also be good if you could provide a feature to undo any sound rather than the last one entered if that is possible to make the looping more variable.

  • @Jumpercollins definitely will support with IAP if there's the appetite. What does "looping more variable" mean ?

  • @weepy said:
    @Jumpercollins definitely will support with IAP if there's the appetite. What does "looping more variable" mean ?

    @weepy What I meant was if I open a preset play a few notes, and open a new preset play a few more notes, and open a third preset play a few more notes.

    Then say I want to stop the first preset from playing , but keep the second and third preset playing I can’t.

    Undo only does the last action in order so to delete the first preset sound I would have to delete all.

    It would make the app more interesting to be able to choose which presets can be stopped playing and when out of sequential reverse order to it more variable!

  • @Martinj said:

    BTW, Cosm and ambient Guitar (already posted in the ambient guitar thread, but might be interesting for those interested in Cosm, too)

    Good one. I'm going to try this with a harp.

  • Simple to use and sounds good, just like I like my iOS apps.

    Anybody know if the dev intends to add support for user or custom scales?

  • @weepy I’ve been using this in AUM a lot lately. Running through my crazy fx chains.

    1: please please please add that little IAA tool bar thingy so its easier to switch back to host/AUM. Double pressing home is a pain... And stupid Siri pops up half the time I do it.
    2: I’ve been getting issues with AUM crashing when I switch from Cosm back to AUM. AUM will freeze then shut down. Been talking to @j_liljedahl about it but have not been able to pin it down. Have you received any similar reports?

  • Welcome @weepy. Congrats on the app and glad you're here. I like it and hope you keep noodling away with it...

Sign In or Register to comment.