Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can I use Maschine MK3 to control iMaschine2?

I have a feeling that the answer is gonna be no, but if there was a way to use the Maschine MK3 directly with iOS, it’s a whole new ballgame.

Comments

• A big no, that's natives fault tho

• edited May 2019

Thank you very much for answering my question so quickly, I got really excited when I saw iMaschine2 in the App Store. I’m so happy I didn’t just impulsively get it because I saw the word Maschine. It’s a huge disappointment not to have a way to incorporate the MK3 directly into iOS, however, it’s absolutely possible to import audio from Maschine into iOS, it’s just a few extra steps. I’m a total Maschine fanboy, it’s the greatest instrument I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing. I just cannot play directly on an iPad, I need to feel either real pads or keys under my fingertips. I’m very fortunate to have both. I used to use mSequencer for everything I did, except guitar, back in the day, because I just cannot get along with playing anything directly on an iPad.

• I had a friends borrowed maschine mk1 control bm3 for a while. Worked great. Bm3 is a real daw (at least almost)comparable to maschine, imaschine is a music toy in comparison..

• @Ripper7620 said:
    Thank you very much for answering my question so quickly, I got really excited when I saw iMaschine2 in the App Store. I’m so happy I didn’t just impulsively get it because I saw the word Maschine. It’s a huge disappointment not to have a way to incorporate the MK3 directly into iOS, however, it’s absolutely possible to import audio from Maschine into iOS, it’s just a few extra steps. I’m a total Maschine fanboy, it’s the greatest instrument I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing. I just cannot play directly on an iPad, I need to feel either real pads or keys under my fingertips. I’m very fortunate to have both. I used to use mSequencer for everything I did, except guitar, back in the day, because I just cannot get along with playing anything directly on an iPad.

The app isn't bad, but it's kinda basic compared to most stuff on iOS, I used it when I first came to iOS now I'm not even sure I have it installed... I'd say it had good sounds and functions as a way to quickly create beats and loops... But it always left me wanting more.. I'm not sure how much it costs but I'd wait on it 😆

• @ToMess said:
    I had a friends borrowed maschine mk1 control bm3 for a while. Worked great. Bm3 is a real daw (at least almost)comparable to maschine, imaschine is a music toy in comparison..

Really... It controlled bm3?

• @reasOne said:

@ToMess said:
    I had a friends borrowed maschine mk1 control bm3 for a while. Worked great. Bm3 is a real daw (at least almost)comparable to maschine, imaschine is a music toy in comparison..

Yep. Ofc i had to have it hooked to computer and send the midi from there to ipad, since native instruments wants to make things the hard way with midi.

• @ToMess said:

@reasOne said:

@ToMess said:

Yep. Ofc i had to have it hooked to computer and send the midi from there to ipad, since native instruments wants to make things the hard way with midi.

Ahh gotcha! I was thinking I missed an app or update that allowed them to work directly on iPad. Good work around tho

• @reasOne said:

@ToMess said:

@reasOne said:

@ToMess said:

Ahh gotcha! I was thinking I missed an app or update that allowed them to work directly on iPad. Good work around tho

Yea, its a shame maschine doesent work standalone. It has such a great midi mode and editor for it, plus a really nice layout for bm3 :/

• It's a total shame... maybe they reconsider it someday or update the app like they are doing with Traktor but I don't expect it soon.

Best option is going for Akai Mpd (news) and forget about NI...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    It's a total shame... maybe they reconsider it someday or update the app like they are doing with Traktor but I don't expect it soon.

Best option is going for Akai Mpd (news) and forget about NI...

Thank you for the reply, I had suspected as much, and IMO, Native Instruments is letting some of their market share go to letting Akai get all the goods on pad controllers for iOS. It’s actually a little surprising to me as well, I’m working through an issue with Massive synth not opening up on my pc for some reason, and their customer services have been generally really good as far as their commitment to customer satisfaction, and so I’m surprised to see that their only iOS support and involvement, at least that I’m aware of, is a couple of apps, and at least one of which is not supported by one of their most popular, and well received products.

• IDK numbers so maybe it’s our perspective... I’m happy with djay pro so I’m not using Traktor anymore... tried yesterday (the last version before 3) and I get so bored just trying to figure the few things I still find attractive so no way... the answer is new traktor which seems growing to slow for what mobile dj like me will need... IDK...

Maybe it has some related to how djing/live acts have change the last 10 years and it took NI offside
    In that possibility maybe they are rebuilding strategies and Maschine is in the pipeline... but as NI owners had stated many times... they are x86 based and it’s maybe that why Traktor is building as universal.

I see FKJ lives at youtube and think how it could be possible with Traktor/Maschine instead Ableton... and then I remember I could do it with iOS apps like launchpad/djay/AUM... even Garageband/Bm3!

NI needs to hurry up IMHO...

• Imaschine2 sample quality is second to none IMHO, but the program is beyond crippled - worth picking up to purchase samples cheap and use elsewhere