Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

If ya use Distrokid

It’s probably time to consider something else. Royalty shenanigans and what not. :#

Comments

• @realdawei said:
    It’s probably time to consider something else. Royalty shenanigans and what not. :#

I only recently started using iOS again, and haven’t heard of Distrokid, if you could expound in your thoughts in greater detail, that would be awesome, possibly preventing others like myself from making a poor choice, thank you.

• @Ripper7620 said:

@realdawei said:

I only recently started using iOS again, and haven’t heard of Distrokid, if you could expound in your thoughts in greater detail, that would be awesome, possibly preventing others like myself from making a poor choice, thank you.

:D It’s not an iOS tool, it’s semi-large music distributor for getting your music into spotify/iTunes etc. I’ve seen it mentioned here a few times...so just giving the heads up to those folk.

• Oh, ok, thank you very much for clearing that up, I just learned something new.

• What specifically is going on? Was trying to do a search and couldn’t find anything in the news?

• Check out amuse

• I use it. What’s the issue?

• No paid royalties (other than Spotify) since Dec 2018. Due to severe technical issues. No public statement on it yet.

The put up an Instagram post with them eating sushi and so many comments poured in roasting 🔥 them for not paying that they had to delete the post.

I did email them, and first said they “hadn’t received payment from Apple yet”. Then within minutes another reply came in to “clarify” that there are having technical issues on their end. But they haven’t extended the courtesy of explaining this to any one else it seems.

There are a couple threads popping up on twitter about it too. Might really escalate in a couple of weeks. I’ve gotta a couple of recent collaborative projects with several million streams up there...gonna be so much fun telling my friends the bad news 😁

• @realdawei said:
    No paid royalties (other than Spotify) since Dec 2018. Due to severe technical issues. No public statement on it yet.

The put up an Instagram post with them eating sushi and so many comments poured in roasting 🔥 them for not paying that they had to delete the post.

I did email them, and first said they “hadn’t received payment from Apple yet”. Then within minutes another reply came in to “clarify” that there are having technical issues on their end. But they haven’t extended the courtesy of explaining this to any one else it seems.

There are a couple threads popping up on twitter about it too. Might really escalate in a couple of weeks. I’ve gotta a couple of recent collaborative projects with several million streams up there...gonna be so much fun telling my friends the bad news 😁

Thanks for the warning. I'm looking at getting my stuff onto streaming sometime this year, and it was one of the aggregators on my list.

• I often wonder what would happen if an aggregator disappeared – would all the uploaded stuff in the internet shops such as the iTunes music shop, Amazon, Google Play etc just disappear, or would it stay there with some ongoing suspended state of routing for download/stream counts and payments?

• @u0421793 said:
    I often wonder what would happen if an aggregator disappeared – would all the uploaded stuff in the internet shops such as the iTunes music shop, Amazon, Google Play etc just disappear, or would it stay there with some ongoing suspended state of routing for download/stream counts and

That’s the great mystery...maybe we’ll find out shortly

• I have recently taken out the mid range subscription, on a heavily discounted price.
    I like the fact you can release as much as you like when you like, for just the subscription.
    If I don’t get payments within that year, you can be sure that I won’t be renewing!!

• I do think that streaming should be viewed as being like a request radio station.
    The payouts from Spotify etc., are so pitiful, that you need streams in the 100’s of thousands to see anything half decent!
    Then point the true music fans towards Bandcamp, for example, where they can give you an honest, fair payment.

• @DefRobot said:
    I do think that streaming should be viewed as being like a request radio station.
    The payouts from Spotify etc., are so pitiful, that you need streams in the 100’s of thousands to see anything half decent!
    Then point the true music fans towards Bandcamp, for example, where they can give you an honest, fair

The payouts from Spotify / Apple Music vary based on where the song was streamed from. Some countries much higher than others. The advantage of Apple in my experience is that a significant number of people will still purchase on iTunes vs stream. I see this phenomenon primarily in the US and Japan.

• I digitally published my first song last week. I almost randomly chose cdbaby over distrokid (it was a $5 difference so I went as cheaply as possible). It was interesting to see how it works. And how relatively easy it is - well, I still don't have art associated yet but that'll come. And I definitely don't expect any $$! It was a "me thing" not a "I'm gonna be famous and make money" thing as that'll never happen.

• Crazy. I was gonna go with distrokid but still on the fence.

• edited May 2019

@skulptur_sound said:
    Crazy. I was gonna go with distrokid but still on the fence.

Here’s a tweet for ya lol

• This sucks!!!!

• You made me nervous - I activated the „withdrawals“ of the very few $->€ for the two albums of mine. Within 4 days, the money was on (or at? - sorry, not native speaker) Paypal. 💰
    I only could recommend Distrokid.
    But I can remember - the first months after release something are frustrating. Especially for Apple Music purchases...
    Keep calm.

• I was looking into this (more cdbaby) from article I found talking about different options.

https://aristake.com/post/cd-baby-tunecore-ditto-mondotunes-zimbalam-or

Recently a friend told me about a new platform spotify-like but user based (so maybe it’s spotify answer...)

https://www.monkingme.com/

• edited June 2019

@Satie said:
    You made me nervous - I activated the „withdrawals“ of the very few $->€ for the two albums of mine. Within 4 days, the money was on (or at? - sorry, not native speaker) Paypal. 💰
    I only could recommend Distrokid.
    But I can remember - the first months after release something are frustrating. Especially for Apple Music purchases...
    Keep calm.

• edited May 2019

@Satie said:
    You made me nervous - I activated the „withdrawals“ of the very few $->€ for the two albums of mine. Within 4 days, the money was on (or at? - sorry, not native speaker) Paypal. 💰

Probably “in PayPal” is the best choice. “At” is also correct. “On” would be incorrect. Prepositions are difficult for everyone.

• Distrokid is a decent choice as far as self publishing goes, & I’ve seen a few artists effectively utilize the Hyperfollow Spotify links they give you.
    I let my annual payment lapse back in October and dispite the claim of pulling my music from stores, I don’t believe they can or will...
    I just don’t see the point in paying 19.99 to make a buck when iOS users can just use Amuse for free

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Satie said:

Probably “in PayPal” is the best choice. “At” is also correct. “On” would be incorrect. Prepositions are difficult for everyone.

Nice of You. Thanks.👍🏽

• edited June 2019

@ashen_hand said:

I just don’t see the point in paying 19.99 to make a buck when iOS users can just use Amuse for free

the “teams” feature is nice though. We’ve been able to dynamically split revenue and no one has to play “accountant”

• And the https://www.fanraizd.com also have a teams function sort of, you can sell (or give away) shares of a track to others, and more of a community.

• I suggest you try using MusConv.com service. They are capable of the the task across different platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Google Music, iTunes, Amazon Music, YouTube, Deezer, Tidal, Pandora, Groove.