Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A synthwave track entirely written in Cubasis on an iPad using Cubasis' Micrologue for all the synth

2»

Comments

• @LFS said:

WOW... this is a real great sounding track, and nice looking video too!
    We've pretty much enjoyed watching this... :)

@silent1
    Thank you very much for sharing your great work silent1!

Best,
    Lars

That means a lot! Thanks Lars and great job with Cubasis!

• edited May 2019

Quite excellent. Would love to hear something done entirely in Auria. Cubasis 👍👍👍

Forgive my display of total ignorance re drum machines, but can you plug the Cubasis dream machines into a prerecorded midi track? Will they play the midi information but with a different sound set? And briefly (again, pleading avoidance and ignorance), how do you use a drum sample in a track? How does a sample differ from an instrument patch?
    There, I have confessed my sins. Feel better now.

• edited May 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Quite excellent. Would love to hear something done entirely in Auria. Cubasis 👍👍👍

Forgive my display of total ignorance re drum machines, but can you plug the Cubasis dream machines into a prerecorded midi track? Will they play the midi information but with a different sound set? And briefly (again, pleading avoidance and ignorance), how do you use a drum sample in a track? How does a sample differ from an instrument patch?
    There, I have confessed my sins. Feel better now.

Hi, thanks!
    Re Classic Machines (I think this is what you meant by "dream machines"?): I found it that it more or less follows the GM convention? Like C1 for the kick, D1 for the snare, A#1 for the open hi-hat. You might want to experiment by opening the piano roll on a track where you loaded the Classic Machine and playing the various notes to find out the associations between samples and notes. But basically, if you drop it on a "standard" drum midi pattern it should work, except for inconsistencies with the less used samples such as crashes and percussions.

Regarding the question about how to use a drum sample: the Classic Machine makes it transparent, you send it midi notes and it plays the related sample for you, no need to drag and drop wave files on the track.

What I wish Cubasis' Classic Machine had is more control over the individual samples: pitch, panning, output level, effect (reverb/delay) send. Something basic, à la Ruismaker for example. That would make it a much more flexible drum machine, and allow to use just one track for drums in Cubasis.

• Thanks for the info @silent1. Glad you are not so silent! You inspired me to do another track wth Cubasis Microsonic ( I did one a while ago.)This time I just used the taped flute, strings, choir. Will post later. It really is a pleasure using patches within Cubasis. I can dig what the Gadget lovers appreciate. No glitches!

• Excellent work! 👍🏻😁