Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Monthly group remix

..copied over from another thread:

How about we have a monthly group mix? Let me explain...

1. Someone posts the dry (no effects) tracks for one of the their songs for download
  2. Anyone who wants to participate can download the song parts
  3. We all do our own mix of the song. Maybe even add some parts
  4. we all post our version of the mix
  5. We listen to each other's mixes, discuss our different creative decisions and LEARN. Eg How did JM get the kick so fat?

let's make it a once a month thing. Less pressure is better. Who wants to donate a song for the February mix? If no takers, I have a couple of old tracks I could donate. Once we all agree on the track, we can download it, mix it and get our mixes posted (Soundcloud, Bandcamp etc.) before mix closure date - February 10?

We can then post links to our mixes here and discuss.

Rules for February group mix:

• must be done entirely on ipad from mixing to mastering.

Who's keen?

Comments

• 80% seems a bit restrictive! Normally I'll take one or two riffs and build on them. I say no rules on percentages but the remix does have to obviously resemble the original...

• https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fx5yej9pv8duy6c/faQUTvHqzy

All being well, this link should give you my track, simply titled I. That's a capital i. Not a 1 or an L. Yarp. An I.

m4a original in there along with individual track bounces. Go for it!

• Ok we have our track thanks to @sickmoth. Really great production btw.. Not really leaving much room for improvement lol :)

Busy downloading it now. Will have a mix to show before the 10th.

• You guys still at it? Just woke up, but will have a go later today. Going to be 41degrees C today unfortunately.

• 41 degrees? Man, I hate this country. England is wet. Cold. Wet. Cold. In that order. Nearly all the time. Thanks @checkrath for the kind words :-)

Just take any bits you like, build on them in your own way. I chose this track because (a) it's in 7/4 and (b) it's got several distinctive elements for you to pick and choose from.

• Mmmh.. Nice idea, I'll try to join where I have time :) 80% might be a bit restrictive, I usually massacre songs at remix ;)

• Yeah, forget that 80% rule, everyone. @checkrath can you edit your original post and take that out?

• @sickmoth said:

41 degrees? Man, I hate this country. England is wet. Cold. Wet. Cold. In that order. Nearly all the time.

That's why I left

• 80% rule removed. Agreed, let's not restrict this too much at first and see what happens

• edited January 2014

@thinds said:

@sickmoth said:

41 degrees? Man, I hate this country. England is wet. Cold. Wet. Cold. In that order. Nearly all the time.

That's why I left

Thats why we came back, seriously, and love it here :-)

• Wasn't having a dig at the old country. I left when I was 25 and been here 30 years, so this is well and truly my home. Its 7am, temp is already 27 deg and revised top is 43! This is not going to be that pleasant. Mind you it was -10 the day I left the UK which was also not pleasant.

Not going to mention the cricket at all :-) :-)

• Just thought I'd bump this up in case anyone had missed it or forgotten. I have a mix finished and will have a final listen tomorrow morning and then post it. Anyone else made any progress?

• Not yet. Will definitely have something by the close date though..

• edited January 2014

First ever attempt at a remix from me. Stripped out all the drums and bass synth, reversed the vocal track. Added a bass arp from Nave. Originally used iTuttle for closed hat percussion track but eventually used the MIDI for standard Cubasis Ooh and Aah choirs. Vocal samples ripped from MP4 to wav using AudioShare. Mastered in Cubasis but almost gave up due to bad popping and stuttering, even after freezing 3 out of 12 tracks. This mostly disappeared in the mixdown. Bought a new set of headphones as I wrongly suspected distortion at low frequencies from the ones I was using!

Converted from 48meg wav to 4meg m4a for upload.

• Anyone want to turn this into a track ?

• My version of I by @Sickmoth

Kept very true to his original

• Well... as the originator of this masterpiece, ahem, cough, I should weigh in with some feedback.

Thinds' take on I is surprising, inventive, transformative. Schrodinger's treatment I don't think fits in with my idea of a 'remix', although effectively that is what it is... erm. I like what you both did and arguably Schrodinger, you have tamed the Moth, although I'm not sure in this case that needed to happen.

Any others coming? @checkrath? It was after all your idea...

• Thanks, I think :) I attempted to take your great raw material and add a little more punch. I re-sequenced the drums (beatmaker) and main keyboard using Nave. Then, I changed the arrangement (eg lengthened the mid 8), added some track EQ, saturation, sweeping LP, percussion and sent it on its merry way.

The reason @Checkrath has been so quiet is because I am Checkrath :). This forum had problems with its Twitter login last month so I created another account using my Soundcloud handle.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been much enthusiasm for the remix idea.. Pity :/

• @Schrodinger said:

The reason @Checkrath has been so quiet is because I am Checkrath :).

Aha! Or perhaps you are Zorro?

Unfortunately, there hasn't been much enthusiasm for the remix idea.. Pity :/

A bit of an understatement methinks. I for one will call it a day on this. I had a lot of fun desecrating the tune but if it's just going to be the 3 of us, probably not much point.

• Hmmmm my two pence. Just get creative and go your own way.

• 4 of us if you count @Checkrath :)

• 5 if we include Zorro :-)

• I'm up ferrit but it's February album writing month and I'm behind schedule on that .. so can't get involved this month .. still up for doing it but maybe monthly is a too regular?

• Well, Schrodinger, I should have said that you took my track and made it better, because you did. Really. I meant to put that but I'd only just woken up when I wrote that comment this morning and was probably a little grumpy. So apologies - nice work! Which I did say, but not well enough. Sorry. A bit. As much as I should be.

So, given the lack of enthusiasm from anyone else (for now, at least), how about you (or Tony) sticks a link up for one of yours, wavs or elements, as I'd quite like a pop at a remix too! I'm sure others will join in as time goes on...