Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My best friend passed away last night

I still don’t know what happened, and don’t have any details yet. I’m not looking for a shoulder to cry on, or sympathy, but you all are truly an awesome group of people and I just wanna say if you’ve ever lost someone you love, I can begin to know how bad you must have felt. What I feel the worst about, are all the things I should have said to her when I had the chance and didn’t. This great friend took me in when I was homeless, and I owed her a great debt of gratitude, that I’m afraid I failed to properly convey to her while I had the opportunity, just how much she meant to me. Thank you for reading my message, and please don’t be afraid to tell people how much they mean to you when you have chance.

Comments

• Really sorry to hear that. Simply conveying what she meant to you, the debt you feel, and reminding us to not leave important words unspoken is paying her generosity forward.

• @AudioGus said:
    Really sorry to hear that. Simply conveying what she meant to you, the debt you feel, and reminding us to not leave important words unspoken is paying her generosity forward.

Thank you very much for the kind words, I appreciate it very much. I’m not a very emotional person, and these things don’t really hit me right away. I don’t know why, but I really want to know how it happened. She suffered from depression, but I never got the feeling she would hurt herself, and I’m just hoping that she didn’t take her own life.

• Wow, I'm so sorry. Something tells me she knew exactly how you felt and I hope that you are able to find some peace while you grieve. It's ok to want a shoulder to cry on, be it literally or metaphorically, losing someone that you care about is not easy.

• I agree with mrufino1 here. She knew how you felt. But you’re still awesome for reminding us to let our loved ones know how we feel about them while they’re with us.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Wow, I'm so sorry. Something tells me she knew exactly how you felt and I hope that you are able to find some peace while you grieve. It's ok to want a shoulder to cry on, be it literally or metaphorically, losing someone that you care about is not easy.

Thank you very much for your kind words, whenever you say these kinds of things to people, even people you barely know, it means an awful lot, and it speaks volumes about your character when you are kind to a stranger, thank you.

• @robertreynolds said:
    I agree with mrufino1 here. She knew how you felt. But you’re still awesome for reminding us to let our loved ones know how we feel about them while they’re with us.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your kindness, and the people here in this forum are awesome, I appreciate having fellowship with persons such as yourself. The world can be a very hard place to live sometimes, for all of us, and when we are kind to each, it means a great deal. You never know how far a little kindness can go, thank you.

• my condolences for your loss, and thank you for the reminder.

• @kobamoto said:
    my condolences for your loss, and thank you for the reminder.

Thank you, and I appreciate your kindness, and having your company.

• My sympathies. You are right, we should tell people how much they mean to us when they are there before it’s too late. I definitely suck at that.

• @Ripper7620 said:
    I still don’t know what happened, and don’t have any details yet. I’m not looking for a shoulder to cry on, or sympathy, but you all are truly an awesome group of people and I just wanna say if you’ve ever lost someone you love, I can begin to know how bad you must have felt. What I feel the worst about, are all the things I should have said to her when I had the chance and didn’t. This great friend took me in when I was homeless, and I owed her a great debt of gratitude, that I’m afraid I failed to properly convey to her while I had the opportunity, just how much she meant to me. Thank you for reading my message, and please don’t be afraid to tell people how much they mean to you when you have chance.

Really sorry to hear that, and a good reminder to let folks know we care about them.

I lost my best mate a couple of years ago, and it’s affected me more than any other, even family members deaths. It just feels weird he’s not here anymore.

Same as you I feel I should have said more, been a better friend, but I think that’s just a false guilt I have of still being here.

Don’t beat yourself up about it, remember the good times you had, and talk about them. Whenever I can I share memories of my mate with others.

• @paradiddle said:
    My sympathies. You are right, we should tell people how much they mean to us when they are there before it’s too late. I definitely suck at that.

Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate everyone who has taken a moment to say a kind word to a stranger. The people on this forum are some of the classiest I’ve ever met online. I’m encouraged every time I drop by here.

• Now you’ve got the gift that keeps on giving.

• @knewspeak said:
    Now you’ve got the gift that keeps on giving.

You guys are awesome, not much to say, thank you.

• Sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like she had a heart of gold. Taking a homeless person in who is not a relative is a true act of kindness.

• @robosardine said:
    Sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like she had a heart of gold. Taking a homeless person in who is not a relative is a true act of kindness.

She was a great friend, before we met in person, and she took me into her home, we had only talked online, so in other words, I wasn’t much more than a casual aquantance, I could have turned out to be anything, but she took the risk anyway. She was a former Marine, and hardly a pushover. When I got my disability money, I was able to build her a computer and she really loved it and was quite shocked at what I was able to make for her. She was an avid gamer, so I put together an Intel machine for her with an Intel 8700K CPU, and a EVGA 1080Ti GPU, and she was able to save up and get an Oculus Rift. She practically slept with the Oculus on she loved it so much. She knew I had never built a pc before, and was nothing less than shocked when we got it to her house and it actually worked, lol. There’s few things more satisfying than to actually be able to do something nice for someone who has done you a huge favor in the past. We were very different people, but we always knew we could count on each other. I’m gonna miss her terribly, as I’ve had few friends anything like her ever.

• I know it is an awful time for you but don’t go down the “what if” route. Remember the good things as they will underpin your character for the rest of your life. The fact you were still together at the end surely means she knew how much she meant to you. Words are only one method of communication. Sympathies and condolences. You are very brave to share this.

• @Jomodu said:
    I know it is an awful time for you but don’t go down the “what if” route. Remember the good things as they will underpin your character for the rest of your life. The fact you were still together at the end surely means she knew how much she meant to you. Words are only one method of communication. Sympathies and condolences. You are very brave to share this.

Thank you very much for saying that, but I don’t feel brave at all, I just had to share my experiences with someone. I live by myself now, and don’t really have anyone else to talk about it with. You guys have been very kind to me, and I appreciate it very much, thank you.

• Very saddened to hear of your loss, Ripper. Words are comforting but sometimes words do not go far enough. I embrace you, as I am sure many here do as well, from afar. This is a safe haven. You are amongst friends.

• Very sorry for your loss but also happy that you are conveying your thoughts and emotions here. Your friend is here now in your words and so her spirit lingers, reminding me to give my loved ones a hug and expression of gratitude.

• Very sorry to hear this. In the end, memories are all we have left. Enjoy them.

• Thank you for all of your kindness and replies, I appreciate it very much.

• She was a Marine... are you a disabled vet? Finding common humanity holds us together. She really saw you and maybe something of herself in you too. I can't comprehend what we ask of our military in service and the price extracted for that service.

• I saw the title of your thread, ahh man, that hurts. I’ve lost very close friends. Life changing stuff. Wanting to send love and support your way. It’s natural to feel however you’re feeling, everybody has their own way - I hope you can find a way to look after yourself and treat yourself extra well.

• Sorry for your loss mate. Make sure you take the time to grieve properly and let it all out in whatever way you need to. My best friend died when we were 21 of a heroin overdose and I had to explain to his parents what happened. I didn’t grieve or even know how to I just blocked it all out and then years later it hit me real hard and now ever more years down the line his loss haunts me. Remember the good times and celebrate her life x

• @McD said:
    She was a Marine... are you a disabled vet? Finding common humanity holds us together. She really saw you and maybe something of herself in you too. I can't comprehend what we ask of our military in service and the price extracted for that service.

Thank you, no I’ve never been in any branch of service.

• @handed said:
    I saw the title of your thread, ahh man, that hurts. I’ve lost very close friends. Life changing stuff. Wanting to send love and support your way. It’s natural to feel however you’re feeling, everybody has their own way - I hope you can find a way to look after yourself and treat yourself extra well.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

• @Extnctn6 said:
    Sorry for your loss mate. Make sure you take the time to grieve properly and let it all out in whatever way you need to. My best friend died when we were 21 of a heroin overdose and I had to explain to his parents what happened. I didn’t grieve or even know how to I just blocked it all out and then years later it hit me real hard and now ever more years down the line his loss haunts me. Remember the good times and celebrate her life x

Thank you very much, ya I also do really know how to grieve “properly”, and things tend to hit me much later on.

• @flo26 said:

Thank you very much for the supportive post, I appreciate it very much.

• I believe every person we encounter is special to our lives, even if we don’t notice immediately! I am sorry for your loss, and wish you a speedy recovery.