Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Horse gas album - Intermediate Forms

I know you've all been desperately waiting for this one, but steady your loins as it's finally here. Probably 85% iOS and initiated on a humble iPad Air 2, with a bit of a final rub-down on the desktop. One of the tracks features our own @JohnnyGoodyear but I'm not going to tell you which one. I've posted a few of the tracks already on the forum, but here it is as one big thing:

https://horsegas.bandcamp.com/album/intermediate-forms

Comments

• Sounds cool! Are you on streaming services?

• Very cool. As agreed, please give all the money to the children.

• @gregsmith said:
    Sounds cool! Are you on streaming services?

Thank you! Not yet, but I've been thinking about it for a while...I'll probably take the plunge at some point this cummer.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Very cool. As agreed, please give all the money to the children.

Happy to hand over 50% of the profits from that track Boss. Though based on current sales, they might be dissappointed...

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Happy to hand over 50% of the profits from that track Boss. Though based on current sales, they might be dissappointed...

No, no. Sorry, a misunderstanding. I didn't mean the general poor children. I meant our own children via a suitable off-shore account. I'll have my people telex you routing codes etc. All good. Schtum.

• Awesome dude I jam your stuffs on my soundcloud play lists, deff peep this..
    Look into the free app called. Amuse , it will put your music on Apple, spotify etc etc etc, free.. Just read all that fine print so you know all the deets

• edited May 2019

@reasOne said:
    Awesome dude I jam your stuffs on my soundcloud play lists, deff peep this..
    Look into the free app called. Amuse , it will put your music on Apple, spotify etc etc etc, free.. Just read all that fine print so you know all the deets

Thank you, I really appreciate your positive comments :) I’ll have to check that out.

• Fantastic, I really love this current direction your work has taken, it's the perfect blend of ambience and melody. This album is terrific, really enjoyable to listen to.

Both my kids asked "who is this? It's really good!" as they walked past my office this morning and this was playing.

• Brilliant as always.... some Home Grown samples in there? 1st track as etheral qualities to it

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @richardyot said:
    Fantastic, I really love this current direction your work has taken, it's the perfect blend of ambience and melody. This album is terrific, really enjoyable to listen to.

Both my kids asked "who is this? It's really good!" as they walked past my office this morning and this was playing.

Thanks Richard - praise indeed!

I took onboard a lot of the comments I was getting in the SOTM forum - and have slowly worked on the Horse Gas tracks to make them more accessible, since that account seems to have the most followers on Soundcloud. I still do the more experimental stuff, but that now goes in a couple of other accounts.

I've already started on the next one, which I'm planning to play more guitar on, and even sing on a few tracks (that'll scare the pigeons)!

• @Metalman said:
    Brilliant as always.... some Home Grown samples in there? 1st track as etheral qualities to it

Thank you :) Pretty much everything is played or triggered from synths or sound manglers - guitars, bass and keyboards all played rather than taken from samples. The atmospheric stuff is all built up from synths.

• @EyeOhEss said:
    Nice! Great collection of sounds and atmospheres :)

What software is used for the glitchy percussive type stuff on the track Magic Wurms?

Also interested to hear what your most used apps are in general? Some great stuff going on in these tracks :)

Thank you!

iOS-wise - everything is done in AUM, played and recorded live, so there's a lot of AU's in there. All the Brambos apps are used, Discord 4 gets put on nearly everything, plus a bit of Turnado. Synth-wise Aparillo gets a lot of use, Ripplemaker, Sunrizer for bass. Spacecraft is on a lot of tracks, and rhythmically it's StepPolyArp, Riffer, Rozeta and Aphelian.

These are saved out as audio jam sessions, and then brought into Reason for arranging, and additional guitar, bass and the odd bit of Maschine. I could probably do it in Auria, but it's nice having a bigger screen to work from.

Magic Wurms...you know what, I can't remember exactly - I think that was an older track I added as it fitted in with the new stuff. I think that one might be mostly desktop, so pobably Maschine, Massive - N.I. stuff.

• edited May 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

No, no. Sorry, a misunderstanding. I didn't mean the general poor children. I meant our own children via a suitable off-shore account. I'll have my people telex you routing codes etc. All good. Schtum.

I don't need to use an offshore tax account, music making functions perfectly as a loss making passtime!