Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cosm - Create Mindful Music - Pre-Release Demo for the iPad

Cosm is almost for release and is a beautiful thing

Comments

• Been spinning it out into ENSO and gonna try loopy. It's IAA so great you can break out these fab ambient textures into other apps.

• @Jumpercollins Yes, it’s epic with Enso

• Roland IP infringement claim in 3, 2 ... ;)

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Jumpercollins Yes, it’s epic with Enso

@thesoundtestroom I actually asked the dev if I could release a u tube video of the app 2 days ago he said wait until it's released! & said it's out very soon the day after the release candidate dropped.

Is it out now as haven't got my iPad with me as travelling !

• edited May 2019

I’ve been beta testing, it’s awesome and is so relaxing. Great for changing your mood quickly to something better. If it does really well there might be more cool stuff to do with it in the future. It’s not leaving my iPad that’s for sure.

Great sample fodder with IAA! (Make sure you launch Cosm first)

• @Jumpercollins They told me I could make a Pre-Release, it’s definitely not out yet

@Jumpercollins They told me I could make a Pre-Release, it’s definitely not out yet

Ok must be soon then 😁

• @Jumpercollins Yes, this is the release candidate 👍

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Roland IP infringement claim in 3, 2 ... ;)

Why?

• I've been on the beta, and these guys did a great job. As appholics, you all might want more control, but what's under the hood is really solid and the sounds are terrific (if a little bit on-the-nose new agey). But I've been writing and editing to it a lot; it's pushed Pantha du Prince off the playlist!

• edited May 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    Roland IP infringement claim in 3, 2 ... ;)

Why?

Because COSM is Rolands long standing modelling technology for effects and has been around for a very long time, obviously this wont bother Roland, but it always makes me think the developer involved has a very poor knowledge of music technology and couldn't even be bothered to Google a name to check.

I actually opened this thread hoping for a COSM plugin from Roland.

• Well I just googled Cosm and there’s absolutely zero regarding Roland technology on the front page of results, whatever that is worth. Honestly I’ve never heard of it. And Roland has a very very tiny presence on iOS. Might be nothing? Dunno

• Just for the record:

Roland owns the acronym C.O.S.M. = Composite Object Sound Modeling

• I had to Google to find out what the letters stand for... everyone says it "Cos-um".

This App is Cosm (short for cosmic). So, it's best to use those lower case letters or Roland must object. Big company lawyers know that if they fail to protect a trademark they can loose it, so, expect a letter of the all caps is used. Doug might get one or message via YouTube. (I wonder it YouTube would take the video down over a title). Everyone hates this shit until they make something and want to sell or at least get credit for creating it.

It shows up in the video as "Cosm" in AUM. It might be best if @thesoundtestroom changes the thread's title to use "Cosm". Roland Cube Amps feature COSM Amp Simulations. Boss pedals have COSM features. If Roland made a COSM App it would be a huge deal for guitar/bass players.

• @McD All good points, so I have changed it all to lower case, Cosm as it is, is also something else Software related, just Wiki it to see

@McD All good points, so I have changed it all to lower case, Cosm as it is, is also something else Software related, just Wiki it to see

Picking names for products is so hard. With a little Google I found:

Mithral® and Cosm® are registered trademarks of Mithral Inc. They are word marks so any unauthorized use of the words in text or logo form for any non-Mithral product or service are violations of Mithral's trademarks.

So they could pop up and ask for a name change at some point. In practical terms it might help keep others from using it so it is unique on iTunes.

Nice Video Demo, Doug. Keep 'em coming. What are your Pateon stats at these days? Time for Fund Raising Drive to add 1-2 more?

• Thank you Doug. Anyone know if the devs are claiming copyright over tracks made with this app? Because if so, it’s not going to make me “think of things in a chilled way”.

• For anyone interested it’s out now. Sounds nice with a bit BLEASS reverb.

• like it!

• “People are using Cosm to help with:
    • reducing stress
    • anxiety
    • improving concentration
    • falling asleep
    • reflecting on thoughts and emotions”

So basically it’s Snake Oil, just of the audio variety.

• @e121 said:
    “People are using Cosm to help with:
    • reducing stress
    • anxiety
    • falling asleep

It’s pretty great, actually.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@e121 said:
    • reducing stress
    • anxiety
    • falling asleep

But will it cure the pain in my genechtagazoink?

• @e121 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@e121 said:
    • reducing stress
    • anxiety
    • falling asleep

But will it cure the pain in my genechtagazoink?

Yeah

• edited October 2019

@db909 @ExAsperis99: great tip about IAA, useful you can select the scale. Re the on the nose new age vibe. I found a way to kill that quick >:) opening it in AUM and running it through a few evil apps like Shaper, then slowing it to quarter speed in Enso = instant gloomy feel bad Dark Ambient. Quite funny when the app prompts me to close my eyes and reflect on what I’m thinking, over the soundtrack for a slasher pic... :) Excellent!

• edited October 2019

@e121 said:
    • reducing stress
    • anxiety
    • falling asleep

Snake Oil is not really appropriate . It does not claim it cures or helps curing those conditions. But music and creating (being creative, concentrating on one thing alone) can certainly help coping with those conditions. I myself have calmed myself down with a short Spacecraft Granular session when I had a mild anxiety attack. So may this piece of software for others be helpful.

Snake oil would mean that the supposed cure actually does harm, like Antivirus software for your PC in a technical field.