Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sample or live arrange

With all these websites that sell samples... One shots, loops, arps, drums etc... Had me wondering...
So I don't use samples from sites, I make my own sounds from instruments.... Then play them live / create sequences and record them to arrange tracks...
But these sample sites have me thinking...
Maybe I should record my sequences and instruments into samples, both loops and One shots then play my song into arrangement like that?
There has to be a reason why samples are so popular, and arranging them via pads or linear sequence has to be a bit easier than tryn to capture everything live while making adjustments to parameters etc...
What do you guys do....?
Do you create samples and arrange..?
Arrange everything live....?
A combo of both...?

Comments

• edited May 2019

I work mainly audio samples or sampling my audio recordings and sequences due it’s like freeze instruments in DAW. I don’t need to redo nothing in live situation... just record some loops in realtime (live looping) as gimmick time to time so I’m more into backing tracks pseudo live than live composition as time goes on.

Less risk and more power for realtime fx if I need them.

• Good workflow ima try it!

• @reasOne said:
    With all these websites that sell samples... One shots, loops, arps, drums etc... Had me wondering...

There has to be a reason why samples are so popular, and arranging them via pads or linear sequence has to be a bit easier than tryn to capture everything live while making adjustments to parameters etc...

It's popular because it provides instant success and some fun - everything is (pre) matched tonally and in rhythm grid. Few effort to create something nice sounding.
    If you adjust your own approach in the way @TheDubbyLabby suggested you'll gain some efficiency, but still create in your own domain.

• @reasOne said:
    So I don't use samples from sites, I make my own sounds from instruments.... Then play them live / create sequences and record them to arrange tracks...
    But these sample sites have me thinking...
    Maybe I should record my sequences and instruments into samples, both loops and One shots then play my song into arrangement like that?
    What do you guys do....?
    Do you create samples and arrange..?
    Arrange everything live....?
    A combo of both...?

You do realize that what you described is basically the product description for Launchpad... Right?😜

My new workflow (fancy way of saying fucking around) is to build a set up in AUM, jam with it and record everything. Bring that into audio evolution and snip out good parts, and use the cool feature he added for me that allows you to open a selected range in another app, in my case Launchpad.

Then I put launchpad in AUM an go all oroborous on that shit and remix the remix until it’s an indescribable wall of noise... you know... art.