Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria update!

Comments

• edited May 2019

v2.23 (4/30/2019) Current version at the App Store:

• Improved MIDI routing
    • Improved support for Audio Unit MIDI processing plugins
    • Added support for automatically decompressing project files in the Inbox folder (when importing projects from other apps)
    • Various crash fixes
  • I'm not sure what changed in the non-Pro version of Auria. There were some AudioCopy fixes, some stability issues addressed.

On the Pro side, there were major improvements to MIDI and AU MIDI related issues. It is a huge improvement on that front.

• Wow! Everything so far looks like it’s working great! Rim really stepped up this time. :)

• @WaveMachineLabs Thank you for the update. I can't imagine an iOS world without Auria in it.

• @wim said:
    Wow! Everything so far looks like it’s working great! Rim really stepped up this time. :)

If you do find any remaining bugs or issues be sure to report them on the WML forums. I think there is at least one more round of bug fixes so now would be a good time to try and get everything fixed.

• v2.23 (4/30/2019) Current version at the App Store:

• Improved MIDI routing
    • Improved support for Audio Unit MIDI processing plugins
    • Added support for automatically decompressing project files in the Inbox folder (when importing projects from other apps)
    • Various crash fixes
  • This is amazing news! Now need to find wifi asap to get this update!

• @richardyot said:

@wim said:
    Wow! Everything so far looks like it’s working great! Rim really stepped up this time. :)

If you do find any remaining bugs or issues be sure to report them on the WML forums. I think there is at least one more round of bug fixes so now would be a good time to try and get everything fixed.

Good point! The MIDI and AU improvements were such that Rim wanted to get this out and didn't want people to have to wait while he cleans up other odds-and-ends.

So, is experiencing problems or crashes, reporting them over on the Auria app forum is likely to get them looked at sooner rather than later.

• I haven’t kept up with AP but is it possible to do speed adjustment on audio clips and turn off time-stretching now?

• @AudioGus said:
    I haven’t kept up with AP but is it possible to do speed adjustment on audio clips and turn off time-stretching now?

No, don't think so.

• edited May 2019

Yay!! Thanks, Rim!

• Cool, much smoother for importing files now!

• Auria Pro back in the game with AUv3 midi. It works great and using it with Atom takes a lot of the frustration out of midi editing. Great update Rim!

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

Yup. Now I can get what I want going using Atom (or StepBud, or whatever...), then record to an Auria pattern to use it’s fabulous midi groove and humanization tools and to assemble patterns into a composition. This is a very nice all-in-one workflow.

• And AudioCopy now works the way it should when you copy a selected audio event. Makes it much quicker to slice up audio files and getting the slices into AudioShare for later incorporation in AudioLayer or wherever.

• What do you mean Auria pattern?

@wim said:
    Yup. Now I can get what I want going using Atom (or StepBud, or whatever...), then record to an Auria pattern to use it’s fabulous midi groove and humanization tools and to assemble patterns into a composition. This is a very nice all-in-one workflow.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    What do you mean Auria pattern?

@wim said:

The midi pattern blocks that you can edit and move around in Auria.

• Very cool! I’m sure I missed this info somewhere, but audio fx and midi fx share the same slots on the channel strip yeah?

• @DCJ said:
    Very cool! I’m sure I missed this info somewhere, but audio fx and midi fx share the same slots on the channel strip yeah?

Yes

• @espiegel123 said:

@DCJ said:
    Very cool! I’m sure I missed this info somewhere, but audio fx and midi fx share the same slots on the channel strip yeah?

Yes

Thank you! Was hoping there was a secret panel I was missing, but alas.

• I’m one of those naive simpleton users that had Auria freeze up when I had too many unfrozen tracks with effects on them. Do any of these updates allow for less freezing and crashing when I don’t record intelligently and end up with several audio tracks with 3 to 5 effects on each (counting channelstrip)?

• @NoiseHorse said:
    I’m one of those naive simpleton users that had Auria freeze up when I had too many unfrozen tracks with effects on them. Do any of these updates allow for less freezing and crashing when I don’t record intelligently and end up with several audio tracks with 3 to 5 effects on each (counting channelstrip)?

I haven't ever run into that problem?

Do you have a project with which it can be reproduced?

Have you contacted the developer with details about how to make it happen?

If you haven't, I'd recommend reporting the steps and sending them a project. A YouTube video demonstrating the steps can be helpful.

At what point does it crash? Loading it or playing it?

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

@NoiseHorse said:
    I’m one of those naive simpleton users that had Auria freeze up when I had too many unfrozen tracks with effects on them. Do any of these updates allow for less freezing and crashing when I don’t record intelligently and end up with several audio tracks with 3 to 5 effects on each (counting channelstrip)?

It hasn’t been re-architected and somehow made miraculously faster and more powerful if that’s what you mean. If you overloaded it before, you’ll probably do so again if you don’t manage to the limitations of iOS devices.

• Messed around in Auria with midi last night for over an hour or so. Seems rock solid now. I couldn't find any issues at all.

• I’m still having issues when loading FabFilter Micro and Turnado. They distort and muddy up my audio. No other effects in use

• is this an Auria issue or the settings of those plug-ins. If you think it is Auria, post a bug report on the Auria forum... if you send Rim a project that demonstrates the issue that would be helpful. Posting a video on YouTube and including the link in the bug report is helpful.

• @espiegel123 said:
    is this an Auria issue or the settings of those plug-ins. If you think it is Auria, post a bug report on the Auria forum... if you send Rim a project that demonstrates the issue that would be helpful. Posting a video on YouTube and including the link in the bug report is helpful.

Thanks. You’re always super helpful. Appreciate it

• This is awesome. Rozeta plugins in the instrument slot and instrument plugins in insert 1. All together in one track.

• @wim said:

Ahh...that’s handy. Might have to dig this out for a new project, and see how it copes with Riffer.