Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pedals with synths - Any demo video requests?

edited April 2019 in Creations

I make pedal videos, mostly with guitar but I also made a couple with synths. I thought asking people here for requests might be a good idea. You can see the pedals I have below. I also have a lot of iOS synths (obviously) and a Volca FM. If anyone has any ideas or requests (could be very specific as well, for example, a pad sound with F.13 Flanger or bass synth with HX Stomp's distortions etc.), let me know!

In addition to these, I have access to Organelle, Strymon Big Sky, Empress Reverb, TC Electronic Fluorescence, Boss DD-500, Boss DD-3, Mooer Black Secret, Source Audio Multiwave Distortion, MASF Possessed, and maaybe Eventide H9 later.

Comments

• I'd actually be pretty curious to hear the Volca FM through the El Capistan, especially on the "dirtier" delay tones! Thanks for the idea!

• Do you have an original Pigtronix Mothership? I had one, but lost it in an unpaid storage shed after I was homeless for a few months, really disappointing, awesome pedal.

• @aquasloth said:
    I'd actually be pretty curious to hear the Volca FM through the El Capistan, especially on the "dirtier" delay tones! Thanks for the idea!

Alright this is definitely possible.

@Ripper7620 said:
    Do you have an original Pigtronix Mothership? I had one, but lost it in an unpaid storage shed after I was homeless for a few months, really disappointing, awesome pedal.

No unfortunately. I try to find and borrow pedals I don't have for demos but I never saw one of these around.

• I use a Proco Rat.
    My iPad is connected to an Iconnectivity audio4+ Then my drums sound on iPad is going to the Proco Rat and the rat is going to my Elektron Octatrack.
    Sometimes I use a zoom MS50g

• @nothumanatall said:
    I make pedal videos, mostly with guitar but I also made a couple with synths. I thought asking people here for requests might be a good idea. You can see the pedals I have below. I also have a lot of iOS synths (obviously) and a Volca FM. If anyone has any ideas or requests (could be very specific as well, for example, a pad sound with F.13 Flanger or bass synth with HX Stomp's distortions etc.), let me know!

Nice collection of pedals!

I'd be curious to see a video on how you would combine these with iOS synths.

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you for doing this ! I would like to see how you can use external pedals in your iPad rig. What I am trying to setup is have the iPad as the central daw and have the guitar going in the iPad,from there the audio ( which should be selectable like only guitar or work auv3 synth) go out the iPad, feed that in external pedal chain ( have Strymon big sky and few delays) and then route that audio back into the iPad on a strip and mix it more and send it to record.
    Basically combining external fx pedals and iPad synths and effects all on the iPad
    Would the fx return on external audio interface come into play here and perhaps a mixer too?

• edited May 2019

How do you like the Montreal assembly pedal?? I almost scooped one up awhile back.

I use an el capistan as well with iOS and analog gear. IMO the best pedal/personal favorite combo to use with synths other than Reverb and delay.

The volca fm, a midi vampire, and 3 joyo pedals, Reverb, analog delay, and the stutter pedal will all be Frankensteined together inside a psr 36 on a build I’m working on.

Another build I’m wrapping up is a Commodore 64 alpha mod designed to look all moogy. It will be running dub cart and Sid wizard

• @Hkor said:
    I use a Proco Rat.
    My iPad is connected to an Iconnectivity audio4+ Then my drums sound on iPad is going to the Proco Rat and the rat is going to my Elektron Octatrack.
    Sometimes I use a zoom MS50g

That's a nice setup. I like distortions and bitcrushers with drums.
    And, Zoom Multistomps are great pedals!

@richardyot said:

@nothumanatall said:

Nice collection of pedals!

I'd be curious to see a video on how you would combine these with iOS synths.

Thanks! I actually don't have a usual way to go with synths and pedals. I almost always work with my iPad and then maybe use the pedals after I have something. What I generally do is just run a track through an effect (or a combination of effects) and record it again, like reamping. So with synths or other recorded tracks, pedals are more like colors for me rather than writing tools (and it's the opposite with guitar. I use them with guitar to find new sounds and write new parts). I may run some vocals through Deco or add movement to a pad sound with Count to 5 and El Capistan.

@Max23 said:

@nothumanatall said:

In addition to these, I have access to Organelle, Strymon Big Sky, Empress Reverb, TC Electronic Fluorescence, Boss DD-500, Boss DD-3, Mooer Black Secret, Source Audio Multiwave Distortion, MASF Possessed, and maaybe Eventide H9 later.

does the boss dd 500 do tera echo?
    that should be nice with synths

some effect chain to do the shoegazer sound on synths would be nice too

a demo with all overdrive/distortion at hand on synths (there are so many demos with guitar, but so few with synths and not everything works well with synths, haven't found anything nice for polyphonic synths ...)

Yes the DD-500 has Tera Echo. I think it would be an interesting one with synths!

I never tried yet but I bet the Source Audio Multiwave Distortion would sound great with poly synths as it sounds really nice and interesting with guitar chords.

@thepinkelefant said:
    Thank you for doing this ! I would like to see how you can use external pedals in your iPad rig. What I am trying to setup is have the iPad as the central daw and have the guitar going in the iPad,from there the audio ( which should be selectable like only guitar or work auv3 synth) go out the iPad, feed that in external pedal chain ( have Strymon big sky and few delays) and then route that audio back into the iPad on a strip and mix it more and send it to record.
    Basically combining external fx pedals and iPad synths and effects all on the iPad
    Would the fx return on external audio interface come into play here and perhaps a mixer too?

I don't actually use the guitar and synths simultaneously. When I play live the iPad is running on its own and guitar is going through the board. I didn't try or think much about different routings as I didn't need them yet. My iPad is also my main recording/editing/mixing platform but I use it more like how a guitar player use a daw and a couple of synths.

• @stuck80s said:
    How do you like the Montreal assembly pedal?? I almost scooped one up awhile back.

I use an el capistan as well with iOS and analog gear. IMO the best pedal/personal favorite combo to use with synths other than Reverb and delay.

The volca fm, a midi vampire, and 3 joyo pedals, Reverb, analog delay, and the stutter pedal will all be Frankensteined together inside a psr 36 on a build I’m working on.

Another build I’m wrapping up is a Commodore 64 alpha mod designed to look all moogy. It will be running dub cart and Sid wizard

Count to 5 is one of my favorite pedals. It is really good for creating interesting sounds from simple notes. I just wish it was stereo and had higher quality recording.

I love El Capistan as well. I use it mostly for the Sound on Sound mode.

Those projects look really interesting!

• Sound on sound mode? Please elaborate

• @nothumanatall said:

@stuck80s said:

Count to 5 is one of my favorite pedals. It is really good for creating interesting sounds from simple notes. I just wish it was stereo and had higher quality recording.

Holly moly , Count to 5 looks amassing but so expensive !! Just watched a few videos and it’s pretty cool
    I bet @audiodamage could cook up something for iOS like that using almost all of their existing apps !!

• @stuck80s said:
    Sound on sound mode? Please elaborate

Single head Mode C. It's like a tape loop. The recorded loop keeps getting degraded and modulated. It's pretty cool and unique.

@thepinkelefant said:

@nothumanatall said:

@stuck80s said:

Holly moly , Count to 5 looks amassing but so expensive !! Just watched a few videos and it’s pretty cool
    I bet @audiodamage could cook up something for iOS like that using almost all of their existing apps !!

It is 250+shipping if you buy it from Montreal Assembly but it's more expensive used since it is rare and not readily available.

Enso is actually partly doing that, and if you watch the official Audio Damage video on Enso, they mention the Count to 5.