Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apollo timing issue....

Hi,

I'm trying to sequence IAA apps in Auria on ipad air via Apollo with BM2 on iphone 5.

When I get a couple of sequences going it all starts going a bit wonky and the timing sounds off and not solid.

Is this by design or is there a way around it ?

Any tips to get this working would be cool as I love using my iphone to sequence and to get this working with Auria as the target app would be great.

Comments

• With Bluetooth, there's limited bandwidth (compared to almost unlimited capacity between apps on the same device). In my testing, the Bluetooth connection is close to what you can get with wired MIDI, when you're connecting with iOS 7. The bandwidth for iOS 6 is quite a bit lower. Bluetooth LE doesn't have the bandwidth capacity of the earlier version, but it's got lower latency for individual messages, faster connect times, and much much lower power consumption.

If you can turn off clock messages (if you don't need them), that can help. The clocking for MIDI was designed when internal clocks were incredibly wonky, so there's a ton of traffic for that.

If there's more data coming across than the Bluetooth connection can handle, messages get backed up, and that'll throw off the timing. In the update after the coming one, I'll try to put in some MIDI filtering to take care of the clock (I'll set stuff up so that clocks are generated internally by each instance of Apollo, and the instances will sync with each other).

• I like that your tackling the clock issue as that's my core reason for buying apollo and I haven't been able to get a reliable clock going for longer than a few minutes