Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I really miss Alchemy for iOS

Alchemy was the best sounding iOS synth I was able to find back in 2014, and it could go toe to toe with everything I’ve heard lately. I’m bitterly disappointed that apple bought it out, and then never supported it for iOS. Apple has a habit of doing some really crappy moves. At least there’s plenty of developers picking up the slack.

Comments

• edited April 2019

@Ripper7620 said:
    Alchemy was the best sounding iOS synth I was able to find back in 2014, and it could go toe to toe with everything I’ve heard lately. I’m bitterly disappointed that apple bought it out, and then never supported it for iOS. Apple has a habit of doing some really crappy moves. At least there’s plenty of developers picking up the slack.

Yeah

But the Night King is dead.

• edited May 2019

I still enjoy it.

• Alchemy is in GarageBand in iOS. But it doesn’t include the presets that I bought for the camel iPad version.

• @RUST( i )K said:

I still enjoy it.

Awesome, I just saw it’s available for PC, I’m thinking of picking it up. How does the PC/iMac version stack up?

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Yeah

But the Night King is dead.

Is there no space safe on the internet for those who are not caught up? :D

• edited April 2019

@RUST( i )K said:

I still enjoy it.

• I am one of those that benefited greatly from Apple buying out Camel Audio.

As a logic user I got CamelPhat, CamelSpace and Alchemy all free. I used to have an old version of CamelPhat years ago and it’s one of my all time favourite plug-ins. So getting it in logic as part of a free upgrade made my day. And week. I use it far too much now.

I would like Apple to expand Alchemy for GarageBand though. And CamelPhat and camelspace in GarageBand would be awesome.

It’s obviously pretty crappy when something good gets taken away though and I too would be mad at Apple for taking away the standalone Alchemy.

I use it a lot in Logic and quite a bit in Gb even though it’s far more limited there (unfortunately).

Apple got themselves a very good developer when they bought Camel.

Hopefully there will be more to come in the next update to GB. It’s been very quiet on the GB front. Hopefully they’ve got something good in store. Not holding my breath though.

• I still have it on my ipad4. Just used it this past weekend to make some loops. It’s a big reason I never want to get rid of my ipad4 (still running io9!)

• @nic_b_nice said:
    I still have it on my ipad4. Just used it this past weekend to make some loops. It’s a big reason I never want to get rid of my ipad4 (still running io9!)

Holy cow, thank you very much for the reply, I just fired up my jail broken iPad 1 and Alchemy loads, awesome! I record Alchemy tracks and move them to my 2018 10.5”

• edited April 2019

@Ripper7620 said:

@nic_b_nice said:
    I still have it on my ipad4. Just used it this past weekend to make some loops. It’s a big reason I never want to get rid of my ipad4 (still running io9!)

Holy cow, thank you very much for the reply, I just fired up my jail broken iPad 1 and Alchemy loads, awesome! I record Alchemy tracks and move them to my 2018 10.5”

Nice! Glad I could be of actual use around here haha

• @jonmoore said:

@RUST( i )K said:

I still enjoy it.

LOL yup