Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Yeah just saw that on the Twittersphere...

• Maybe it's AD033 on roids with new oscillator types and mod matrix similar to Quanta?

Anyways keep us posted :D

• Hmmm...waiting for review, so I assume that means Apple with approve it by Christmas?

• @Cliffy said:
    Hmmm...waiting for review, so I assume that means Apple with approve it by Christmas?

Nailed it!!
    By which point they'll have a new OS and new rules for the app store.

• I reckon its a Bitcrusher/Decimator

• I'm hoping it's more easily usable on a touchscreen than Quanta! I love that thing, but dialing in specific numbers is nigh-impossible!

• That's great :)
    They could then have a look at an Enso update, it could do with a bugfix ;)

• I just hope he gives Enso a bit more love with its use inside AUM still getting crashes with 2/3 instances (not long loops). Rock solid inside ApeMatrix until I come to save the session and get freezes!

• @slicetwo said:
    I'm hoping it's more easily usable on a touchscreen than Quanta! I love that thing, but dialing in specific numbers is nigh-impossible!

Why do you want a specific number? Surely you want a specific sound. :p

• I'm guessing Kombinat.

• @Carnbot said:
    That's great :)
    They could then have a look at an Enso update, it could do with a bugfix ;)

Yup... weird cpu spikes, record head stopping if you change speed too much, crashes, poor midi mapping...

• @e121 said:
    I'm guessing Kombinat.

It's my hope, that's for sure. :)

• Replicant 2 needs some fixing too, clicks way too much at the edit points.

• edited April 2019

Enso needs an update for sure, I use only one instance in my setups, it’s mostly stable but can have crashes on some occasions, and other strange things (like loading an AUM preset with empty Enso loop, first record midi trigger will play Enso instead of recording, so I have to clear Enso before recording for proper use, not very live friendly). But the thing is a beast!! I’ve sent several bug reports mails to AD but received zero answers. AD really don’t update often their apps, which is a bit sad as I love them a lot but they have few bugs here and there.

• Curious !

• Hope its that Moog inspired filter bank. Its the one and only thing theyve released/updated since they started doing iOS that curiously got skipped over for porting.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Hope its that Moog inspired filter bank. Its the one and only thing theyve released/updated since they started doing iOS that curiously got skipped over for porting.

It could be that it's not particularly popular on the desktop.

I'd always recommend using Model 15 in FX mode, as the Fixed Filter Bank in that is very close to the Moog hardware.

• so what is it?

• @eross said:
    so what is it?

According to Twitter Apple rejected the mystery app due to the discription script showing the iOS devices!

Check out @Chris_Randall’s Tweet:

• lol geez. come on Apple , have a drink, relax a little.

• I’m assuming they’ll also have to reformat the colour scheme to comply with the Apple IIe monochrome monitor.

• @Cliffy said:
    I’m assuming they’ll also have to reformat the colour scheme to comply with the Apple IIe monochrome monitor.

I can actually see them make wide-gamut screenshots mandatory for the iPad Pro App Store.

• @brambos said:

@Cliffy said:
    I’m assuming they’ll also have to reformat the colour scheme to comply with the Apple IIe monochrome monitor.

I can actually see them make wide-gamut screenshots mandatory for the iPad Pro App Store.

Uhhm...

• Maybe an actual update to fix any of the their apps?

• It is interesting that for somebody who finds it easy to constantly update twitter about the updates they are doing for review, they find it hard to actually update their apps with reported bugs.

• @Turntablist said:
    It is interesting that for somebody who finds it easy to constantly update twitter about the updates they are doing for review, they find it hard to actually update their apps with reported bugs.

I think tweeting about updates is a much easier task. Developers have to sift through the feedback they receive, figure out how to reproduce the reported problem, see if it’s due to their app, iOS, the combination of apps being used at the time, specific to a device or iOS version, or a user has pushed the app setup beyond its limits (e.g. the DSP being used is too much at the current latency level to be able to output audio without cutouts). It’s doubtful that developers work in a strictly linear fashion as they must strike a balance between developing new apps, updating old ones, tracking bugs down, and promoting their apps. The developer can tweet and also be working on bug fixes on the same day.

I hope people who post here about problems they’ve experienced with apps have provided detailed reports about them to the developer through their designated bug reporting communication method and not rely upon postings here to be sufficient.

If people believe they’ve provided the developer with adequate feedback about their problems with an app, I still believe we need to be realistic about how long these will take to be worked out or acknowledge as many app developers have a small team and limited resources. Nevertheless, if they’re not satisfied with the timeliness of updates it can effect their confidence in the developer.

Reporting your experience here can sometimes resolve the issue as other users may have experienced similar problems and figured out how to resolve them. It may also help others decide if they want to purchase the app based upon your experiences.

• Tell Chris he should hire Blueveek.

Atom passed first time as a universal AUv3 midi plugin with no standalone mode

;)

• edited May 2019

I really hope they fix Enso first. It’s constantly crashing on me when using over 3 instances. Very frustrating. Had a session yesterday in which i had a good groove going over 5 instances of looping Enso goodness...but then it all crashed. Now i can’t even load them up again. I started a twitter thread with Chris, but he’s blaming the iPad and it’s lack of RAM on the problem...and honestly i know it’s Enso being too resource hungry...just seems that way since i can’t load more than 3 instances now without it hosing either AUM or Audiobus.

Anyhoo, if you’d like to chime in, feel free to hop on the thread. Cheers

• @echoopera said:
    I really hope they fix Enso first. It’s constantly crashing on me when using over 3 instances. Very frustrating. Had a session yesterday in which i had a good groove going over 5 instances of looping Enso goodness...but then it all crashed. Now i can’t even load them up again. I started a twitter thread with Chris, but he’s blaming the iPad and it’s lack of RAM on the problem...and honestly i know it’s Enso being too resource hungry...just seems that way since i can’t load more than 3 instances now without it hosing either AUM or Audiobus.

Anyhoo, if you’d like to chime in, feel free to hop on the thread. Cheers

Totally agree with this. Had a really good session going in ApeMatrix. ENSO was stable enough with 5 instances. However when I went to save the session in ApeMatrix the host froze.