Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New track done in Samplr

edited January 2014 in Creations

Hi all, I would love some feedback on this track. Got bogged down in it a bit and made about 5 differing mixes. Cubasis also was acting strangely on the mixdown and kept turning the file into 188 megs and would hang. Took lots of attempts and it finalised on 60megs!. Not sure what was happening there. Anyway any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• The reason for asking for feedback is just to get some new thoughts. I tend to have the same few people respond to my tunes (friends, family, few Soundcloud/Bandcamp followers etc.) and after a while you get pretty standard responses. So some new feedback would be really good. Not the tune itself maybe, but production and how it could be improved. Cheers.

• Not quite my genre, but here goes..

Really interesting track at the start with great sounds, but IMO it needs to evolve after the 1st minute. The lack of big bottom end at the start could be interesting if you added these elements as the track evolves e.g bass line, huge synth, a kick drum or percussion

My 10c

• I tend to agree with @checkrath, I felt like I was waiting for the track to kick in and it never really did. There's a nice emotional build up right at the beginning that I think is working nicely, but then it never decides where it wants to go. My two cents as well.

• Oh man , that's crying out for some fat baseline and manic breakbeats... Can I remix it for you? Make it downloadable and I'll fatten this baby up...

• @JangoMango said:

Oh man , that's crying out for some fat baseline and manic breakbeats... Can I remix it for you? Make it downloadable and I'll fatten this baby up...

Done! can't wait to hear it JM

• Hello again... Your hand drum riff got my creative juices flowing... Check this out... Only took 15 minutes....!!

• @JangoMango said:

Hello again... Your hand drum riff got my creative juices flowing... Check this out... Only took 15 minutes....!!

It reminds me Otto Von Schirach's style :)

• @boone51 and @checkrath thanks for the comments, appreciate it.

@JangoMango looking forward to whatever you come up with.

• WorKing on it bro...

• Here ya go... Turned out a bit hardcore lol

• Nice! It certainly is remixed :-) done on iOS or desktop?

• Just been thinking of a great idea for the community based on what went down in this thread...

How about we have a monthly group mix? Let me explain...

1. Someone posts the dry (no effects) tracks for one of the their songs for download
    2. Anyone who wants to participate can download the song parts
    3. We all do our own mix of the song. Maybe even add some parts
    4. We all post our version of the mix
    5. We listen to each other's mixes, discuss our different creative decisions and LEARN. Eg How did JM get the kick so fat?

Rules: must be done entirely on ipad from mixing to mastering.

What you think?

• I was thinking exactly along those lines, I just wasn't sure this was the appropriate forum. Being fairly new to these things I didn't like to suggest it. I do perceive a certain annoyance in some of these threads.

There wasn't much interest posted on this thread but my original track has been played over 100 times. I generally get less than 20 plays on Soundcloud postings, so I reckon there is some interest there, but no comments made.

Anyway what do the silent others think? Does a remix community tickle anyone's fancy?

• Production wise, all sounds good to me, but as others have said, it just doesn't go anywhere. I guess that's why it's called Minimal :-)

I love the idea of the remix community. Have tried to get similar things going many times before and find the same situation always - initial enthusiasm dies down very quickly as people tend to overpromise. I guess we all do at some points, me too.

Worth a try though! I've got a massive Dropbox folder full of wavs for people to play with...

• Production wise, all sounds good to me, but as others have said, it just doesn't go anywhere. I guess that's why it's called Minimal :-)

I love the idea of the remix community. Have tried to get similar things going many times before and find the same situation always - initial enthusiasm dies down very quickly as people tend to overpromise. I guess we all do at some points, me too.

Worth a try though! I've got a massive Dropbox folder full of wavs for people to play with...

• Sorry about double post!

Now, thinds. One Drum Read is awesome.

• Sorry about double post!

Now, thinds. One Drum Read is awesome.

• Thanks Sickmoth, that means a lot to me. (Twice)

• Thanks Sickmoth, that means a lot to me. (Twice)

• Thanks sickmoth, that means a lot to me. (twice)

• Thrice even, something going wrong here. Keep getting error messages

• Very wrong indeed. I have just signed up for a new Soundcloud as I cannot find my old sign in details. I am The Ordinary Pigs. Not sure how to add music though. The Soundcloud app is bereft of options...

• Yeh not a big fan of soundcloud, I put most stuff on bandcamp.

• Getting back to the remix idea, let's make it a once a month thing. Less pressure is better.

Who wants to donate a song for the February mix? Once we all agree on the track, we can download it, mix it and get our mixes posted (wherever the hell you want :-) before mix closure date - February 10?

We can then post links to our mixes here and discuss.

...and go!

• Brilliant idea...

• Going to put this idea on it's own thread..

• @JangoMango said:

Here ya go... Turned out a bit hardcore lol

Just followed the link and you quite clearly say made with Beatmaker. OK to use mix with you accredited?

• @jangomango ..love where you took it!

• No worries, do what you like with it, sharing is caring and all that ;-) thanks checkrath... It turned out ok didn't it?