Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

1 last time: POWERED USB HUB

13»

Comments

• edited June 2019

@syrupcore said:

@Multicellular said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    How is that little Moog Tuaurus re do?
    Thanks by the way

The Sirin and Minitaur, as far as I can tell, just have different paint jobs and oscs.
    Imho, sweet little mono synths if you love that classic subtractive sound. There are a number of important under the hood features, like it does have digital preset management and other things you can access via the glide button which acts as a shift or thru midi ccs. Alt functions I use a lot, other lfo types, velocity, fine tune, change decay release modes.

They added a full-range oscillator too, no? The Minitaur dies around C5.

Yes. Not sure how high it goes, but way higher than i normally use.

@audiobussy said:
    I looked again at that one at Amazon and noticed it is indeed different than mine. Does yours work portably, @Multicellular? And if so what kind of cable do you use? I think a male to male USB cable would work since only charging is necessary

Sorry, I have not tried to use it portably.

• @espiegel123 said:

@syrupcore said:
    cough... wiki... cough

Great idea ... cough

The real funny thing is I was confused and thought someone,s recommended setup was portable. No worries, all cleared up now. Unfortunately the wiki was not helpful in this particular case

Why not just say Try Google or Read the F Manual?

lol... thanks

• @audiobussy said:

@espiegel123 said:

@syrupcore said:
    cough... wiki... cough

Great idea ... cough

The real funny thing is I was confused and thought someone,s recommended setup was portable. No worries, all cleared up now. Unfortunately the wiki was not helpful in this particular case

lol... thanks

I think @syrupcore was suggesting someone add this info to the AB forum wiki and I was just agreeing.

• @espiegel123 said:

@audiobussy said:

@espiegel123 said:

@syrupcore said:
    cough... wiki... cough

Great idea ... cough

lol... thanks

I think @syrupcore was suggesting someone add this info to the AB forum wiki and I was just agreeing.

correct.

• @espiegel123 @syrupcore

In which case I agree. An area highlighting unique setups would be great. Let me know if I can help… Thanks.

• @audiobussy said:
    @espiegel123 @syrupcore

In which case I agree. An area highlighting unique setups would be great. Let me know if I can help… Thanks.

Someone could start an article summarizing the critical info from this thread. Including a link to the thread and any related threads would be great.

It doesn't have to be ambitious or comprehensive.

• @Turntablist said:
    Single translator or Multi translator.
    Single Translator changes the hub speed to the lowest connected device.
    Multi Translator sets each port at the speed of the device its connected to.

So for example, connect a USB 1 device to an STT hub and the whole hub is USB 1, connect a USB 1 to an MTT and only that port is USB 1.

Most MIDI controllers are USB 1 for example ;)
    STT hubs should be avoided.

Wow. I had no idea about this. Similar to wifi speeds and older routers. Thank you!

srsly, wiki this stuff up folks!

• @espiegel123 said:

@audiobussy said:
    @espiegel123 @syrupcore

Someone could start an article summarizing the critical info from this thread. Including a link to the thread and any related threads would be great.

It doesn't have to be ambitious or comprehensive.

Wow. Amazing info

• If the content of this thread makes it to the wiki it's important to know that with the APANAGE hub, the use cases I've outlined are specifically related to it's ability to simultaneously trickle charge iOS devices and stream data to the main host desktop/laptop computing device. With this in mind I only use it with iOS devices connected. Any audio interfaces, storage devices or other music related USB devices are either directly connected to the host computing device or are connected via an ANKER hub/s.

I find on my Windows host hardware it's impossible to use an ANKER hub to simultaneously stream data and trickly charge the iOS devices (my setup involves up to 5 iOS devices being connected to the host computing device at any one time). So this is the sole reason that I purchased and use the APANAGE hub.

I've found the APANAGE to be both performant and reliable at the stated use case but there is a slight side effect which may be related to the main USB controller on my Windows workstation motherboard. When multiple iOS devices are connected I see a slight drop in FPS in both Windows itself and in audio plugins that rely heavily on OpenGL. Audio performance isn't affected, but I thought it was worth mentioning as it is a significant side effect when attempting any video editing or similar visual digital content creation (e.g. compositing and 3d creation workflows). In real world terms, it doesn't affect me, as I detach the Apanage when performing any visual digital content creation workflows.

• @jonmoore Your posts are excellent. Thought I would mention that. Thank you

• @espiegel123 I learn a lot from your posts as well. And obviously from others. Thank you

• Many interesting moves going on with USB - tough to keep up! This USB switch array for USB-C was just announced, and saw today that USB 4.0 devices should be shipping by end of ‘20.
    https://diodes.com/assets/product-showcases/USB-Type-C-Ultra-Low-THD-Analog-Audio-Switch-Diodes-NPA-PI3A6386-062019.pdf

• does it matter if a usb hub is usb 3.1?
    i have the 2018 pro, focusrite 2i2 , and circuit to hook up. i don’t know anything about usb 3s 🤣

• this is what i found locally